Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Not if he is getting an unfair advantage. My god just looks how he's improved over the last two years and they aren't the same team if he isn't on PED's.
    Just makes it feel that much better when we beat them even though one is cheating.

vCash
    Todd Redmond was designated for assignment by the Reds. what do you guys think of FW signing him as an extra starter? This also makes the Janish trade look good right now.

vCash
    Anyone know anything on ernesto mejia? Why isnt his name ever brought up?is he only a hitter?

vCash
    Kevin Millwood has announced his retirement from baseball.

Millwood, 38, wanted to catch on with the Braves or Rays, teams that are close to his Gainesville, Georgia home, but after that didn't happen he's decided to hang it up. "I feel like I can still throw it well and going out on a high note is a big deal," Millwood said. "I just felt it was time to be closer to home and to be around the kids more often." Millwood retires with 169 wins, a 4.11 ERA, one All-Star game appearance and one ERA title after 16 seasons.
    rotoworld

Aside from his forgettable start in the '99 World Series, what I'll remember most is the '00 Division series against St Louis. After Maddux and Glavine got absolutely tattooed in the first two games at Busch Stadium, the Braves were down 0-2 facing elimination and Cox gave a post game interview sounding like he had the Cardinals right where he wanted 'em... then Kevin goes out and gets hammered in front of the home fans.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 02-03-2013 at 10:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deca_x View Post
    Todd Redmond was designated for assignment by the Reds. what do you guys think of FW signing him as an extra starter? This also makes the Janish trade look good right now.
    I don't see why there would be anything wrong with bringing him in as a ~7th starter. His MLB ERA would be around 4.50, but he could eat a lot of innings and also strike some people out (career 7.4 K/9).

Quote Originally Posted by shane haney View Post
    Anyone know anything on ernesto mejia? Why isnt his name ever brought up?is he only a hitter?
    I guess he's overlooked because of age and inability to play any position passably but first, where we already have Freeman. It sucks that he's blocked like that because I'd love to get a chance to see his bat at the major league level.

vCash
    Thanks fly, with his his good numbers in the minors i dont see why a a.l. team wouldnt want him as a dh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Just makes it feel that much better when we beat them even though one is cheating.
    Good point

The Cult of Gattis

vCash

vCash
    ^the writer left out Prado as key departures....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    ^the writer left out Prado as key departures....
    He was discussed in the "Unfinished Business: Chipper's Successor" section.

vCash
    One week from today #Braves pitchers and catchers report. The truck is moving out to Florida in a few hours! #ahhhh
    Don't forget, select single game tickets go on sale at 10am this morning only at http://braves.com/tickets
    They will be available on 2/25 at 10 a.m. RT @jcmarsh17: @Braves not opening day though right?
    Braves twitter

vCash
    If anyone has Insider I would like to see where the Braves farm system is ranked. Just guessing its between 18-24

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    If anyone has Insider I would like to see where the Braves farm system is ranked. Just guessing its between 18-24
    I don't know that their ranking fell off that much being that we still have our top five prospects in tact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I don't know that their ranking fell off that much being that we still have our top five prospects in tact.
    But Teheran isn't that high anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    It's nothing to be ashamed of but our farm system is weak right now. Just from last year we lost Delgado and Simmons and no one has took their place. Then Teheran (our only top 100) dropped from top 10 to 31. Over the last 3 years we have lost Heyward (#1), Freeman (Top 40), Delgado (Top 30), Vizcaino (Top 30), Simmons (Top 50), Minor (Top 50), and Beachy and Kimbrel. We have some interesting pieces in Wood and Sims but they need a full year to show what they can do.

The Cult of Gattis

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast