Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Offseason Thread #3/World Baseball Classic edition

And the third..

vCash
    On second thought regarding Scott Hairston wouldn't Francisco be projected to put up close to the numbers he does giving the expected extended amount of playing time? if so, just roll with Juan and use the extra cash to extend somebody instead of overpaying for Hairston.

vCash
    I highly doubt we're nabbing Hairston. No need really. We already got Reed Johnson. So again, unless we want to make him a starter...just roll with Gattis or the platoon of Reed/Francisco.

vCash
    At this point, if we can't trade for one of the guys I've mentioned before......... I would love to hear that Jordan Schafer is working with the hitting coaches to become a contact hitter. I wouldn't care if he lost all his power, just re-teach him what a ball and a strike is and stop swinging for the fences. I'm really pulling for the kid. If he doesn't, he could still be helpful to the Braves as a late inning pitch runner I guess and defensively. A defensive OF of Schafer, Upton and Heyward would be one of the best if not the best in baseball.

If Schafer doesn't cut it, I'm fine starting the year with a platoon of Juan and Reed. Not ideal and I'm not in love with the idea, but I can dig it! I'd rather do that than go after Scott as of today. I'm not as down on Scott as some are, but I don't really want him as our LF'er.

I don't think the rumors or trade talks are done for the Braves. My gut feeling is that someone will be traded from the crowded OF's of the Angels and D-Backs. And I'm having a hard time believing that Boston won't trade Ell's at some point this coming season.
    Last edited by SB75; 12-24-2012 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Just don't trade JT yet. That's all I ask.

vCash
    probably reported elsewhere (if it is, delete this post or move it or whatever), but the indians are the unlucky bastards to overpay for swisher. o well. at least it's not us.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Delgado is the piece we trade at this time.. Wren is going to make a move, but its going to be for somebody we havent expected

vCash
    Schafer caught that Willie Mays Hays-itis from Major League II. Unless Fredi makes him do push-ups for every pop-up, he's a pinch-runner/defense replacement.

vCash
    http://www.talkingchop.com/2012/12/2...-to-the-braves

Is there anyone out there that would be down with this idea? It's not a bad idea for the projected price of 8-10 million, but I don't think Boras would 'allow' it & I'm not sure what kind of "team guy" Bourn would be to agree to the one year delay in a payday? I do know that there wouldn't be too many gappers hit on the Braves with Bourn, Upton & Heyward!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmac View Post
    http://www.talkingchop.com/2012/12/2...-to-the-braves

Is there anyone out there that would be down with this idea? It's not a bad idea for the projected price of 8-10 million, but I don't think Boras would 'allow' it & I'm not sure what kind of "team guy" Bourn would be to agree to the one year delay in a payday? I do know that there wouldn't be too many gappers hit on the Braves with Bourn, Upton & Heyward!
    I would be happy with him for a one year deal. Just don't see him doing it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    At this point, if we can't trade for one of the guys I've mentioned before......... I would love to hear that Jordan Schafer is working with the hitting coaches to become a contact hitter. I wouldn't care if he lost all his power, just re-teach him what a ball and a strike is and stop swinging for the fences. I'm really pulling for the kid. If he doesn't, he could still be helpful to the Braves as a late inning pitch runner I guess and defensively. A defensive OF of Schafer, Upton and Heyward would be one of the best if not the best in baseball.

If Schafer doesn't cut it, I'm fine starting the year with a platoon of Juan and Reed. Not ideal and I'm not in love with the idea, but I can dig it! I'd rather do that than go after Scott as of today. I'm not as down on Scott as some are, but I don't really want him as our LF'er.

I don't think the rumors or trade talks are done for the Braves. My gut feeling is that someone will be traded from the crowded OF's of the Angels and D-Backs. And I'm having a hard time believing that Boston won't trade Ell's at some point this coming season.
    he didnt lose his power....he stopped taking steriods..and Schafer is no answer for the braves in any way..when the Astros dont want you and you have your track record its a puzzle why he was brought back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mickmurph37 View Post
    he didnt lose his power....he stopped taking steriods..and Schafer is no answer for the braves in any way..when the Astros dont want you and you have your track record its a puzzle why he was brought back
    Agreed. Schafer hasn't had a good year hitting since 2008, which was in AA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mickmurph37 View Post
    Hgh, not aas...

vCash
    I don't want anything to do with Bourn.

vCash
    Why are people who are adamantly anti-Fowler okay with the idea of Parra?

Home/Away Splits for their two careers:

wOBA:
    Parra - .345/.292
    Fowler - .384/.312

wRC+:
    Parra - 108/72
    Fowler - 128/79

I know Parra has been a better defender in LF than Fowler has been in CF, but I honestly think both of them would be plus defenders in left for us, and that's really all they'd need to be with Upton & Heyward already in the OF. Fowler would also make up for his lesser defense with his superior bat.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast