Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Spring Training 2K13!

Spring Training is among us Braves fans. I, like many others, am excited to get back to Braves baseball. On this thread we will discuss player performance, potential moves(trades, signings), what we could potentially see in the upcoming season, and other Braves related chatter. Feel free to add anything you please.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    To jump start, I am looking forward to seeing the newbies in action. Justin and BJ Upton, Chris Johnson..etc. Also i look forward to seeing Julio Teheran's' progress, Juan Francisco's' improvement, as well as some non roster invitees who could flash some skill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    To jump start, I am looking forward to seeing the newbies in action. Justin and BJ Upton, Chris Johnson..etc. Also i look forward to seeing Julio Teheran's' progress, Juan Francisco's' improvement, as well as some non roster invitees who could flash some skill.
    As well as McCann with a healthy shoulder...

vCash
    I'm going to be looking at Uggla to see if he can come out of the gates hot and have a bounce back this year.

vCash
    Pitchers and catchers report today !!!!

On a side note, heard an interview with Uggs this morning on 92.9 . Say's he's "trying to get back to the roots of his swing, and combine that with what he did in 2010." Uggla is always going to be a streaky guy, just hope he gets hot when our outfield goes into one of the inevitable SO streaks.

vCash
    Any idea if DeWitt is likely to make your roster?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Any idea if DeWitt is likely to make your roster?
    He will have to fight for a spot, IMO for opening day we have Chris Johnson, Reed Johnson, Jose Constanza/Jordan Schafer, backup catcher and DeWitt/Pastornicky/R.Peņa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    He will have to fight for a spot, IMO for opening day we have Chris Johnson, Reed Johnson, Jose Constanza/Jordan Schafer, backup catcher and DeWitt/Pastornicky/R.Peņa.
    Do we really need to carry Johnson, constanza, and schafer ?

vCash
    Hopefully Schafer gets the 5th OF spot if he plays well. I think Ramiro Pena is the backup SS/UTL. Gattis will be interesting, because he could make the roster as a backup catcher. It all remains to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    Do we really need to carry Johnson, constanza, and schafer ?
    We will carry R. Johnson for sure and one of Constanza or Schafer thats why i put the "/" between those names. The games against RHP Francisco will be playing third base, that will leave us without a left handed bat off the bench, i hope we make a trade or sign a left handed bench bat ala Hinske, but if we don't make another move Constanza and Schafer are the only ones. They will compete in spring training for the roster spot.

vCash
    Gattis will be interesting, because he could make the roster as a backup catcher.
    If he goes into the Spring and just bashes the Braves will be forced to find a spot for him. Whether that's backup Catcher, 5th OF or what, but with Interleague sprinkled throughout the entire season he would be a great addition to serve as DH for some of the trips into AL parks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    We will carry R. Johnson for sure and one of Constanza or Schafer thats why i put the "/" between those names. The games against RHP Francisco will be playing third base, that will leave us without a left handed bat off the bench, i hope we make a trade or sign a left handed bench bat ala Hinske, but if we don't make another move Constanza and Schafer are the only ones. They will compete in spring training for the roster spot.
    My apologies, I was on my phone and didnt notice the /.

vCash
    Like most im interested to see how Uggla is going to start off, but mostly it's pitching for me.. Will Julio finally get it going? Plus will Venters be back to dominating again.

vCash
    Hopefully Schafer gets the 5th OF spot if he plays well. I think Ramiro Pena is the backup SS/UTL. Gattis will be interesting, because he could make the roster as a backup catcher. It all remains to be seen.
    Don't forget Paul Janish. Can't find a better back-up defensive player anywhere. Not much with the bat though.

vCash
    I hope Constanza beats out Schafer for the last bench spot, I love that guy

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast