Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The rebuilding process is in a mess

I think the rebuilding process is in a mess. We are rebuilding but we still start Maxiell (a career backup) ahead of our future franchise player? Does coach Frank or Joe Dumars really thinks Maxiell makes us a better team than Drummond does? Even if yes, we are losing with Maxiell anyway, so how can Drummond makes it any worse?

If coach Frank ever starts Drummond and Monroe together, we need Slava as a backup C. We desperately need size and u do nt expect 6'5" Maxiell to come in and playing against other centers who are 6 or 7 inches taller than him. Kravtsov or a backup C is needed if Drummond starts. And again, we are a terrible team which cant beat any team other than the Wizards, so i dont underastand how giving Kravtsov more minutes would make us worse.

Lets face it Joe n LF, this is a dysfunctonal team. Roster is in a mess, playign rotation is in a mess, we have a GM who hasnt made a decent trade for years n a Coach who is stubborn n afraid of changes.

This is a losing team, and the current lineup with scrubs like Maxiell starting doesnt work. So u move on and let the youngsters play. I know Drummond, Kravtsov or English have their weaknesses and they may not be 100% ready for NBA, but if u dont play them and let team learn, they'll never be ready

Plan:

Let the youngsters play more. If they lose, fine, coz we are losing anyway.

then we'll have a top 5 pick in next years draft. And i want Ben McLemore so bad. Perfect fit to this team: good athlete, great off-the-ball scorer and a decent passer at the 2 spot.

vCash
    I'm all for playing the young guys. I understand the "showcase the vets" idea but I don't see us getting anything for any of them so just play the kids.

vCash
    yeah its a big waste of time playing the vets because like you said we are still losing and nights we do win is usually win the young guys play good.Ive said it before and ill say it again If dumars doesnt pull off some sort of trade even if its just to get these old guys out of the way then he should be fired because that will tell us that he doesnt understand what needs to be done and he really thinks these crappy veterans are teaching our young guys when in fact the young players are already better.

vCash
    With Maxiell starting, Drummond for 18minutes a game and Maggette off the bench............

Joe Dumars and Frank make this pistons team a terrible team to watch

I understand why the Palace is always empty

If i m coach Frank:

pg: Knight
    sg: Singler
    sf: Prince
    pf: Monroe
    C: Drummond

sub:

pg: Stuckey
    sg: Khris Middleton
    sf: Jerebko
    pf: Charlie V
    C: Kravtsov

vCash
    I can understand the idea behind playing the vets to pump up their value but realistically how much can you really get in return for Tay or Max no matter how good they are playing? These guys aren't what they were and in Maxiell's case he is just a reserve/energy guy off the bench.

vCash
    I'm honestly hoping Tay n Max get dealt soon. We are screwed if they get hurt. Play them over the course of the season and you take a chance that they play worse than they are now and whatever value they have will be completely gone.

I cant see us getting more than a 2nd for Maxiell. Maybe a scrub guy who is in need of a scenery change. Kind of like Daye. Prince is valuable to a contender if they are in need of a SF who slows the game down and doesnt do one thing anymore thats above average.

vCash
    I actually think this team is showing me a lot, we aren't really getting blown out for the most part, we've had a chance to win a lot of games and we've also had a tough schedule to start the year. Those games we're losing close we're supposed to lose at this point, our difference making players are still extremely young and still make a lot of mistakes especially late in games. I fully expect this team to look much better toward the end of the year much like last season, but not because other teams are tanking like some might point out here.

vCash
    We've been showcasing vets since '09

vCash
    I'm with u but let's be real. Singler is NOT a starting sg in the NBA he is to slow,Maybe Singler could start at sf but he might just be a nice role player coming of the bench. Now as far as the 2nd unit English would be the sg not middleton. But I hope we at least get rid of Tay & max before the deadline. If u remember moose didn't start til after the allstar break & its no doubt in my mind that we are tanking to keep our pick. We need either a sg or sf who can defend & score then we will have a nice core. But if the organization keeps this up won't be no nba team in Detroit because nobody wants to see max & Tay start over the young guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riedle9:24846485
    With Maxiell starting, Drummond for 18minutes a game and Maggette off the bench............

Joe Dumars and Frank make this pistons team a terrible team to watch

I understand why the Palace is always empty

If i m coach Frank:

pg: Knight
    sg: Singler
    sf: Prince
    pf: Monroe
    C: Drummond

sub:

pg: Stuckey
    sg: Khris Middleton
    sf: Jerebko
    pf: Charlie V
    C: Kravtsov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    We've been showcasing vets since '09
    And if no one takes the bait we re-sign them and try again.

Four more years!

Four more years!

vCash
    I pray you are wrong GuySir lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    And if no one takes the bait we re-sign them and try again.

Four more years!

Four more years!
    It made me chuckle at first, but then I realized how true it is and now I don't think it's so comical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I can understand the idea behind playing the vets to pump up their value but realistically how much can you really get in return for Tay or Max no matter how good they are playing? These guys aren't what they were and in Maxiell's case he is just a reserve/energy guy off the bench.
    I understand, but Prince is on par for his usual numbers. He has lost a step, but is still would help a contender. With Maxiell, I think his trade value is at it's highest. He is putting up pretty good overall numbers for the type of player he is. plus he is an expiring contract.

vCash
    The vets will have no trade value sitting on the bench. If we are still looking at these players after the deadline then we sit them. It won't make that much difference to the rooks and young guys if they don't get the bulk of the PT between now and then. Its not like the season is on the line.
    We need to show the other teams these clowns I mean guys can still play. Riding the pine could look like they are either hurt, in the the dog house or suck . I hate it too but we really have no choice. Nice thing is. After this season hopefully Maxiell will be history and we'll just ride out Princes deal if we have to.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I just hope we can trade Prince Max CV Daye Bynum just for 2nd rounders or something. They are not going to contribute to the team soon/still arent

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast