Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Geno Smith is nothing like Pat White other than they're both black QBs who played at WVU. Calling them similar is just stupid.
    Would not honestly be surprised if that's the reason why he said he's like Pat White. He's not the first I've seen say he's like Pat White.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jneises21 View Post
    Who did he choke against? Put up 50 against OU. Beat Texas. Put up 460 yards against LSU last year. Demolished Clemson in the bowl game. He didn't have good games against T Tech or K state but they had good game plans for him and he didn't really have a chance
    Look at his stats against better teams throughout his career he disappears in games against better teams. Clemson has a football program? Lol. I have seen him play I have watched all his games this years and that's why it is painful to be a chiefs fan this year knowing that this guy is considered the best qb of the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvchiefsfan View Post
    Look at his stats against better teams throughout his career he disappears in games against better teams. Clemson has a football program? Lol. I have seen him play I have watched all his games this years and that's why it is painful to be a chiefs fan this year knowing that this guy is considered the best qb of the draft.
    Your either a fan of a Big East team, Pitt, or one of the Big 12 teams we beat this year. Which is it?

vCash
    His play to me is nothing like Pat White. Geno is a lot more of a pocket passer than I think people realize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Tannehill NO

Ponder, Gabbert sure but were any of them being looked at as a first overall draft pick.

I have seen him play. I follow the Big East very closely, I'm about to switch to ACC with my Orange but I have seen at least 15-20 Geno Smith games. He's not that good. He's a typical college QB.

Love how the other guys argument relies on how much better Smith did in an "Air Raid" offense....1-2 in bowl games...we'll see today
    Tannehill YES

I'm tired of hearing Geno wouldn't have gone round 1 last year just because you said so.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Matt Barkley is so much better than Smith. Look for Barkley to be the #1 pick to KC
    That's just not true. Barkley struggles with going through all of his reads, and his footwork goes to hell when he is under pressure. His arm strength is also limited, and over the middle of the field he struggles with accuracy. I was one of the few posters on here that said he was not number one overall pick material before this past season, and now that he's been judged accordingly his flaws have become apparent to more people.

Geno Smith has some footwork issues, but I love how he can work the middle of the field. I'm not in-love with his arm strength though. The best comparison I can think of is Sam Bradford, so I'm not sure if he will be a great pro or not. I do think he is a first round prospect if you take position value into consideration though.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    His play to me is nothing like Pat White. Geno is a lot more of a pocket passer than I think people realize.
    Yeah, Pat White was a runner that could throw from time-to-time, whereas Smith is definitely a QB. Smith also has a lot more size and accuracy. They are completely different players that happened to play at the same school.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    That's just not true. Barkley struggles with going through all of his reads, and his footwork goes to hell when he is under pressure. His arm strength is also limited, and over the middle of the field he struggles with accuracy. I was one of the few posters on here that said he was not number one overall pick material before this past season, and now that he's been judged accordingly his flaws have become apparent to more people.

Geno Smith has some footwork issues, but I love how he can work the middle of the field. I'm not in-love with his arm strength though. The best comparison I can think of is Sam Bradford, so I'm not sure if he will be a great pro or not. I do think he is a first round prospect if you take position value into consideration though.
    Another thing with Smith is he gets into funks where he stares down his receiver. That was a big thing during our 5 game losing streak. But when he makes all his reads, he is great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Whoever mentioned Tony Romo earlier, i liked that for a best case for Geno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nvchiefsfan View Post
    Now we know that your opinion is ****ing irrelevant.

vCash
    IDK about the other guy but when I said Pat White version 2.0, I meant a QB that went to West Virginia that wouldn't succeed in the NFL.

Nice job assuming it was racial

Ive seen what Ive seen and I think what I think, I dont know what you guys think you are going to do about it by criticizing and going around in circles. Geno Smith as a number 1 pick is a joke, he will go Top 10 and whoever picked him is straight ****ed.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    IDK about the other guy but when I said Pat White version 2.0, I meant a QB that went to West Virginia that wouldn't succeed in the NFL.

Ive seen what Ive seen and I think what I think, I dont know what you guys think you are going to do about it by criticizing and going around in circles. Geno Smith as a number 1 pick is a joke, he will go Top 10 and whoever picked him is straight ****ed.
    I'm sure NFL teams know less than you.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash

I guess I'm more interested in why you think he won't be a good QB? What do you see that won't translate to the NFL?

vCash
    I really love Geno's potential if they tailor the offense around his strengths ala Washington.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    I really love Geno's potential if they tailor the offense around his strengths ala Washington.
    Yeah Chip Kelly is my dream hire. I'm sure we don't have much of a shot at him though.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast