Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith

Hybrid View

vCash

Geno Smith

What do you guys think of him. It looks like there is a good chance he ends up in KC and I just wanted some opinions on him.

vCash

vCash
    Hes not very good, one of those college guys that I dont think will do great in the NFL.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Nope...I'd take him #1.. Have to go QB round 1. And I think he's the best option

vCash
    I like him. I think he's similar to Ryan Tannehill, but a little more polished coming into the NFL. He won't be a great starter most likely, but he could be a good one. He's at least average across the board, but he doesn't really have one or two things about his game that really stand out like with most great QB prospects. That's why most people have this irrational hate for him or whatever. That being said, he's the best QB in this class (unless Aaron Murray declares, and he won't), and I expect that he goes #1 overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I like him. I think he's similar to Ryan Tannehill, but a little more polished coming into the NFL. He won't be a great starter most likely, but he could be a good one. He's at least average across the board, but he doesn't really have one or two things about his game that really stand out like with most great QB prospects. That's why most people have this irrational hate for him or whatever. That being said, he's the best QB in this class (unless Aaron Murray declares, and he won't), and I expect that he goes #1 overall.
    Exactly this.

Why don't you think Murray does BTW
    How some of PSD thinks we should rank NFL players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Exactly this.

Why don't you think Murray does BTW
    I think he'll probably feel like he has unfinished business in college. Georgia returns a lot of their offensive talent, and they probably feel like they can make a run at a championship next year.

vCash
    I follow the Big East as close as anyone, watched Smith for 3 year, irrationally overrated.

He has always had very good talent around him against inferior competition, when they play good teams they get beat and look like doodoo.

We Want Winston

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I follow the Big East as close as anyone, watched Smith for 3 year, irrationally overrated.

He has always had very good talent around him against inferior competition, when they play good teams they get beat and look like doodoo.
    People are trying too hard to say he's overrated. I think Luck RGIII spoiled everyone.

Every single person is dying to say think this QB class is total trash and I'm not convinced it is.

vCash

Are you serious? Clemson ring a bell?
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    53-35-1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVpatsfan View Post
    Are you serious? Clemson ring a bell?
    you wanna judge him strictly on this year go ahead....ive seen less of him this year than the 3 prior.

He put up gawdy numbers against bad teams and bad defenses and that trend continued this year. Go look at the Big East teams he dominated

Marshall
    Baylor
    James Madison

Connecticut
    Norfolk State

so on and so on....and dont bring up clemson his 1 bowl win...hes 1-2 cuz he lost his first two bowl games and hes about to lose his third on wednesday GO CUSE....bout to spoil the **** out his season like last year

the fact that nassib is considered a top 2-3 round qb shows how weak the class is, he has his good points i never thought ed even play in the nfl he throws a good amount of picks he gets jittery at times he makes bad decisions when frustrated....he has a ton of positives and a ton of negatives....i love cuse i wouldnt want him in the nfl

We Want Winston

vCash
    Throws a good amount of picks? He's thrown 21 in his career. 40 tds with 6 picks this year..he does make a few WTF throws but that is to be expected. He is a great decision maker with great pocket presence

vCash
    you wanna judge him strictly on this year go ahead....ive seen less of him this year than the 3 prior.

He put up gawdy numbers against bad teams and bad defenses and that trend continued this year. Go look at the Big East teams he dominated

Marshall
    Baylor
    James Madison

Connecticut
    Norfolk State

so on and so on....and dont bring up clemson his 1 bowl win...hes 1-2 cuz he lost his first two bowl games and hes about to lose his third on wednesday GO CUSE....bout to spoil the **** out his season like last year

the fact that nassib is considered a top 2-3 round qb shows how weak the class is, he has his good points i never thought ed even play in the nfl he throws a good amount of picks he gets jittery at times he makes bad decisions when frustrated....he has a ton of positives and a ton of negatives....i love cuse i wouldnt want him in the nfl
    Dude you only saw 1 year of Geno. Look at the jump in stats from 10-11 when we got the air raid offense. He was more of a game manager in 2010 and only threw 49 passes in 09. 71 tds to only 13 ints since he became leader of the offense. I don't get where your saying he plays like "doodoo" to better teams. He set WVU passing records against LSU, which he then broke again this year.
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    53-35-1

vCash
    Ahhhh numbers. Scouting 101 for 16 year olds.

Watch him play. He has the tools. Numbers don't matter. Beating up on crappy teams doesn't matter. He looks like a future NFL QB. He has nice potential. Is he a sure fire #1? Idk, does he compare evenly with past 1st overalls? Maybe not. But this idea he's like a second rounder is hilarious to me.

Ponder Tannehill Gabbert Etc........Worse prospects all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Ahhhh numbers. Scouting 101 for 16 year olds.

Watch him play. He has the tools. Numbers don't matter. Beating up on crappy teams doesn't matter. He looks like a future NFL QB. He has nice potential. Is he a sure fire #1? Idk, does he compare evenly with past 1st overalls? Maybe not. But this idea he's like a second rounder is hilarious to me.

Ponder Tannehill Gabbert Etc........Worse prospects all.
    Tannehill NO

Ponder, Gabbert sure but were any of them being looked at as a first overall draft pick.

I have seen him play. I follow the Big East very closely, I'm about to switch to ACC with my Orange but I have seen at least 15-20 Geno Smith games. He's not that good. He's a typical college QB.

Love how the other guys argument relies on how much better Smith did in an "Air Raid" offense....1-2 in bowl games...we'll see today

We Want Winston

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast