Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    i dont regret anything. pek is a post playing center so unless they bring him in only to replace dwight then hes useless in our system plus williams isnt consistent yet and ridnour is w/e
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    I regret we didn't do the K-Love trade when it was presented before he blew up.
    I regret the Lakers didn't package Bynum in a trade for Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    It's not you, it's the unending harping on trading Pau. I'm now 100% rooting for Pau to get traded even though I think it hurts the team. He deserves better. And he's a far better player than people want to give him credit for.
    I knew Crooner had two accounts lol j/k. I dont get you sometimes. Yooure all for bashing Kobe for 41 shots but a player who has mentally checked out of two season and the majority of this season, and is getting paid 19 million, but dosent consistantly bring his A game proven by the Olympics deserves better?!?!? and at the expense of the franchise!!!!!!! You cant call anyone else a player worshipper becuase it's clear where your allegiance is If he gets traded will you need? we can do without that type of fan.

and I use to like your posts

vCash
    To answer the thread i dont regret trading Pau, he has to much to offer. I just hope someone brings it back out of him.

vCash
    good thing that trade didn't happen.. i like williams (but not in the expense of pau) still young and also a nice backup for our sf position and also athletic.. ebanks, clark and duhon for williams and ridnour..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    If you wanna talk about regrets hey i regret us not accepting the deal for Kevin Love when they offered him for Pau Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMVP View Post
    If you wanna talk about regrets hey i regret us not accepting the deal for Kevin Love when they offered him for Pau Gasol.
    Do you have a link for that trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    I regret the Lakers didn't package Bynum in a trade for Love.
    then we wouldn't had howard.

if we did gasol for k-love, we could have klove and howard now

gasol + k love isn't nearly as enticing as klove and howard.

plus, they wanted gasol, not bynum and the lakers management moved bynum at the perfect time.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    I think D12 is not well yet and only playing at 60% or he's just not the complete package we thought, if he dribbles he get's stripped, if we trade Pau and D12
    walks where are we?

I would offer D12 a 3 year contract, if he turns it down, trade him for something while you can still get it, put Pau back at center where he won us two rings and play Hill more minutes to get the toughness, rebounds and points, you don;t see him getting stripped.

vCash
    I think Pau is a great player, lost in the wrong system. I do not believe Pau should be traded, but I also don't think he fits well in D'Antoni's system either. When D'Antoni was getting great results in PHX, S. Marion was the 4. He has much better range than Pau. Pau never has been a 3 point threat and it is silly to all of a sudden put him away from the basket and expect him to thrive doing something he hasn't done before. It is also silly to expect this aged Laker team, including Pau, to run like the Suns of old.

If the Lakers were to really trade Pau, they should trade for a 4 with range and rebounding. This is highly unrealistic, but the Lakers would be best served with a David Lee or Kevin Love type in the D'Antoni offense. Again, the other teams aren't going to give up those players for Pau, but they are exactly the types that would thrive with the current system.

vCash

if we did gasol for k-love, we could have klove and howard now

gasol + k love isn't nearly as enticing as klove and howard.

plus, they wanted gasol, not bynum and the lakers management moved bynum at the perfect time.

That's what I was foaming at the mouth for. D-How + K-Love = a match made in heaven

BTW, Is it just me or is K-Love dogging it this year? If so, can't blame him. The guy is an offensive machine and they've treated almost like a burden. He'll be a Laker sooner or later, just wish it would happened earlier.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Pau hater, so I don't need a bashing from the Pau apologists. Thank you.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 12-24-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSkyHook View Post
    I knew Crooner had two accounts lol j/k. I dont get you sometimes. Yooure all for bashing Kobe for 41 shots but a player who has mentally checked out of two season and the majority of this season, and is getting paid 19 million, but dosent consistantly bring his A game proven by the Olympics deserves better?!?!? and at the expense of the franchise!!!!!!! You cant call anyone else a player worshipper becuase it's clear where your allegiance is If he gets traded will you need? we can do without that type of fan.

and I use to like your posts
    I don't think Pau is playing great ball. He's clearly not his old self.

But I don't blame Pau for his paycheck. That has nothing to do with his value to the team in terms of winning a title.

Are there any players we could get who would make the team better? I'm not even talking about players we could get for the same money -- I'm just asking who's available, and what they would bring.

Sure, if we added LeBron or Durant that would be awesome. But after those guys I'm not sure who makes us a lock to do anything. The only thing I'm sure of is that we'd be making a lateral move at best when all was said and done, and we'd probably be giving up key intangibles that this team desperately needs, like the ability to think the game in critical situations.

(If we could move Pau for KLove I'd do it, but we'd be giving up playmaking, and it certainly wouldn't be a defensive upgrade.)

The point I'm always trying to make about the "trade Pau:" idiocy is that it's not well-thought-out. It's a panic response, and a scapegoating response, and the same sort of ugly trash thinking that caused people to hate on Blake as if Blake had anything to do with the fate of the franchise over the past few years.

If Pau shot 41 shots and stunk up the joint you and many other here would never stop ragging on him for doing so. And yet with Kobe it's somehow all the ref's fault. Which means you're the ones with the player-worshipping problem, not me. We need team-ball players, not heroes or villains.

My hope is that having Steve Nash back clams everything down, so Pau knows what the hell all the maniacs around him are actually doing. Because as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a single consistent week of play, coaching and strategy since this season began. And for a player with Pau's skillz that's a nightmare.

vCash

Yeah, and they'd have Kevin Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post

Yeah, and they'd have Kevin Love.
    i said we shoulda took the offered gasol for love trade when it was presented before Klove explodes into a superstar.

So if that trade is done, we have love, we have him at a good salary, he's happier cuz he's home and winning, he's probably playing better.

Imagine Kobe, K-Love and Howard right now, that'd be ridiculous, you wouldn't be able to stop that offense.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    i said we shoulda took the offered gasol for love trade when it was presented before Klove explodes into a superstar.

So if that trade is done, we have love, we have him at a good salary, he's happier cuz he's home and winning, he's probably playing better.

Imagine Kobe, K-Love and Howard right now, that'd be ridiculous, you wouldn't be able to stop that offense.
    A Kobe-Love-Gasol offense is more difficult to stop than one of Kobe-Love-Howard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast