Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Regret not trading Pau for Pek/Williams/ridnour

Reportedly the deal was pau for Pek, Williams, and ridnour from the wolves.
    Pek is been playing really well, 21 and 17 tonight. Averaging 16 and 8 this year. Derrick Williams seems athletic enough to fit into dantonis system and I think he could thrive, while ridnour could back up Nash while Blake is out.

The jury is still out on whether or no Pau is going to work well in this system, I have confidence in him, but would this trade make us better and deeper? I'm not sure how well Pek would fit in our system and he could clog some Dwights area in the paint.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    No, not at all. Pek doesn't have a consistent jumper like Pau does (or did). Williams would be a good backup PF, but i still like a rotation of Pau, Metta, and Hill at PF, with Pau playing C when Dwight is out.

He is much younger, but his game wouldn't compliment Dwight's at all. He can't play as far from the basket as Pau is able to.

Ridnour would be a solid addition, but Morris has been playing really well lately and I like the idea of developing him. Morris at the very least tries very hard on the defensive end, and that's something we might need with Nash as our starting PG.

vCash
    I regret this thread.

vCash
    This trade would only be awesome if Pek and/or plus any of our back up PG's is to then be traded to a third team which Mitch would technically highway rob. lol

Say Pek + Blake for Cousins and Garcia or Anderson and Eric Gordon - which would be far from happening in real life, unfortunately.
    But we have Mitch, so...is it? lol

Anyway, you get my drift.

vCash
    The Lakers could get this trade anytime they want IMO.

vCash
    I think this trade or something real similar will happen if Pau does not step it up. I think I take JJ barea instead of Ridnour...

Also I do not think the Lakers settle for this trade. Most likely a 3 way deal. Pekovic is really a solid player but would probably not fit the perssonel for the Lakers...and this guy needs minutes to make an impact.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    The only deal I think we would've been better with is the Scola, Martin, and Dragic deal. Dragic is a heck of a player, Martin is one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA, and Scola is a decent PF who can hit open 15 footers with consistency. We still would've had Lamar's TE too, hence Nash. Imagine the following team under D'antoni ball, with consideration that we got Dwight and still signed Meeks:

Nash/Dragic/Duhon (I'm sure we would've cut Morris and traded Blake with Pau)
    Martin/Meeks
    Kobe/Metta
    Scola/Metta
    Dwight/Hill

The only problem with that deal was Scola's contract. It was pretty big, and he got amnestied by Houston. But man, that's such a scary team. Kobe would actually get to rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I regret this thread.
    Just a hypothetical question. Get over yourself. I don't ever make threads so cut me some slack.

But I agree with one poster who said Pek's style doesn't exactly mesh with this team. I'm all for giving Pau a shot to prove himself and I believe with Nash back, gasol will start to excel. I Do think that if we decide to trade Pau that this is one of the offers we should seriously consider especially if it's barea instead of ridnour.

Regardless I'm excited to see our team at full strength and hopefully we can continue our win streak on Christmas day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    The only deal I think we would've been better with is the Scola, Martin, and Dragic deal. Dragic is a heck of a player, Martin is one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA, and Scola is a decent PF who can hit open 15 footers with consistency. We still would've had Lamar's TE too, hence Nash. Imagine the following team under D'antoni ball, with consideration that we got Dwight and still signed Meeks:

Nash/Dragic/Duhon (I'm sure we would've cut Morris and traded Blake with Pau)
    Martin/Meeks
    Kobe/Metta
    Scola/Metta
    Dwight/Hill

The only problem with that deal was Scola's contract. It was pretty big, and he got amnestied by Houston. But man, that's such a scary team. Kobe would actually get to rest.
    This one have been a hell of a haul. Especially with the way Martin is playing, and Dragic Is a legitimate backup pg, and we would've been fine while Nash was out. That trade would've given us a real solid bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I regret this thread.
    Lol

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gailgoodrich View Post
    i regret this thread.
    :d

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen1014 View Post
    Just a hypothetical question. Get over yourself. I don't ever make threads so cut me some slack.

But I agree with one poster who said Pek's style doesn't exactly mesh with this team. I'm all for giving Pau a shot to prove himself and I believe with Nash back, gasol will start to excel. I Do think that if we decide to trade Pau that this is one of the offers we should seriously consider especially if it's barea instead of ridnour.

Regardless I'm excited to see our team at full strength and hopefully we can continue our win streak on Christmas day!
    It's not you, it's the unending harping on trading Pau. I'm now 100% rooting for Pau to get traded even though I think it hurts the team. He deserves better. And he's a far better player than people want to give him credit for.

vCash
    I agree with you, but a trade where we get 3 players for one and one player (pek) pretty much matches Paus expected output shores up our depth. But do I think Pau is good player with a unique skillset? Absolutely. I think he just needs to regain his confidence somehow and I think he'll be good to go. Like I said I'm excited about seeing this team at full strength eventually.

vCash
    Its actually the perfect trade

I bet the only reason it didnt happen is because Nash wanted Pau to stay

vCash
    I regret we didn't do the K-Love trade when it was presented before he blew up.

This is how we do it! I still believe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast