Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nash Effect

vCash

The Nash Effect

I know we're not dominating anybody, and I know we're not favored to win anything or even go deep in the playoffs, BUT I love watching this team with Nash at the helm. We just have that certain something. Even though when teams run and gun on us and we look like we're standing still we can still tighten up the defense and come back and win a nail biter with Nash on the floor.

He gets those timely clutch buckets and you combine those with Kobe's and it's the difference between a close loss and a narrow win. Sure, sure he gets burned on the defensive end now and then but not as bad as I thought. He stays in front of his man pretty good he just doesn't have the hops or height to block it when they rise up and shoot over him.

But he is just so confident and he always has that dead serious look on his face like he's on a mission and he won't stop until he walks away with a win. In the final two minutes of the Golden State game I just had this feeling with Nash out there that we were going to win. I didn't feel that way before. Bring on the close nail biter games because with Nash out there we can win more of them than we lose. Nash is the difference maker.

vCash
    Let's just hope that "the Nash effect" doesn't get smothered by "the Kobe effect" though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuya View Post
    Let's just hope that "the Nash effect" doesn't get smothered by "the Kobe effect" though...
    I will say that when Mike D'Antoni pulled Kobe out in the fourth is when we started playing with energy and we erased that big deficit. But then when we were on a roll he brought Kobe back in and he and Nash just clicked together down the stretch. I love the subs that D'Antoni is doing. He is using our players effectively.

vCash
    I agree, and I just hope he finds a way to give Jordan Hill some minutes on a regular basis from now on, not only when Dwight gets into foul trouble. Hill was one of our best players last night, again.

vCash
    Well the one thing the "Nash Effect" didn't seem to impact was the lopsided distribution of shot attempts amongst the players..... Meeks had more shot attempts than Howard again, and Kobe went ballistic with 41.

We did manage to play D in the 4th....finally....... But I'll take a not so encouraging win over an encouraging loss any day of the week
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    Well the one thing the "Nash Effect" didn't seem to impact was the lopsided distribution of shot attempts amongst the players..... Meeks had more shot attempts than Howard again, and Kobe went ballistic with 41.

We did manage to play D in the 4th....finally....... But I'll take a not so encouraging win over an encouraging loss any day of the week
    Agreed I hate it when we just pass the ball around the perimeter while we have two seven footers just standing around. It just makes me feel so frustrated. We're not built to be a team that does that like the Orlando and Phoenix teams a couple years ago. We have to play more inside out I agree.

vCash
    I agree, and I just hope he finds a way to give Jordan Hill some minutes on a regular basis from now on, not only when Dwight gets into foul trouble. Hill was one of our best players last night, again.
    Agreed he's like our version of the Manimal hehe.

vCash
    Meeks getting more shots than Dwight was mostly due to Dwight sitting out a huge part of the game, but Kobe chucking 41 shots was inexplicable, and I'm still amazed by the fact that the rest of our big 5 had 40 FGA to his 41!
    If we can get that fixed (which I highly doubt) this team could actually look really good, on offense.

vCash
    As you stated..... He only got off the bench because Howard was in foul trouble, and not by design........ But does D'Antoni do anything by design????

I doubt it

vCash
    Meeks getting more shots than Dwight was mostly due to Dwight sitting out a huge part of the game, but Kobe chucking 41 shots was inexplicable, and I'm still amazed by the fact that the rest of our big 5 had 40 FGA to his 41!
    If we can get that fixed (which I highly doubt) this team could actually look really good, on offense.
    Howard played 30 mins and Meeks played 12...... No excuse IMO

Need to keep Meeks on the bench now that Nash is back..... He's Kobe ver.2.0 but without the talent.... chucker

vCash
    As you stated..... He only got off the bench because Howard was in foul trouble, and not by design........ But does D'Antoni do anything by design????

I doubt it
    True, and that's one of the most frustrating things about D'Antoni to me, we just can't get a set rotation. He's throwing guys in and out of the rotation like crazy, Jamison had that stretch of games where he was averaging 30-35 minutes per game, and now he doesn't play at all!
    Jordan Hill was in the starting lineup against the Cavs - the next game he doesn't even play, or he got a couple of minutes...
    Now Morris gets the start at SG all of a sudden, and I'm pretty sure that changes too in a game or two...

vCash
    True, and that's one of the most frustrating things about D'Antoni to me, we just can't get a set rotation. He's throwing guys in and out of the rotation like crazy, Jamison had that stretch of games where he was averaging 30-35 minutes per game, and now he doesn't play at all!
    Jordan Hill was in the starting lineup against the Cavs - the next game he doesn't even play, or he got a couple of minutes...
    Now Morris gets the start at SG all of a sudden, and I'm pretty sure that changes too in a game or two...
    All you have to do is listen to D'Antoni's post game speeches, (if you can stand it)..... And that will explain everything

vCash

Howard is in foul trouble and not really 100% according to him. But otherwise "yeah" the shot attempts were lop sided with Kobe. Work in progress.

vCash

I doubt it
    Yep, he does. There was a lot of plays for Gasol to get the ball in the mid post and make plays for Howard and others. That was clearly something they had been working on with Nash.

vCash
    I feel his rotations are top notch so far. He plays players that are playing well and with energy and he changes the rotations for mismatches. He's not afraid to play players that do or don't fit the system. Jamision is a classic stretch 4 but because he is a bad defender he is not seeing any playing time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast