Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mike munchank FIRED!!

Out of Nashville tennessee bud Adams is gonna announce tomorrow that mike munchank is FIRED and Bruce Mathews will be interim coach!! Any thoughts!!

vCash
    Link?

Assuming he is gone who are some potential replacements for next year?

vCash
    Don't think this is true. No source, and Bud said he'd meet with Munchak and co. before taking action. Wants to hear what they think is wrong and how to fix it before he makes a decision.

vCash
    Any links to back this up?

vCash
    Out of Sherrill, NY: Silent1 is counting his chickens before they hatch. Until it's posted on the Titans website, or nfl.com, or even ESPN, then I won't believe it.

vCash
    Adams also said he wouldn't make any decisions 'til after the season finale. He says decisions will come quickly though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent1 View Post
    Out of Nashville tennessee bud Adams is gonna announce tomorrow that mike munchank is FIRED and Bruce Mathews will be interim coach!! Any thoughts!!
    Is this a troll attempt?

vCash
    Not a chance it goes down as suggested in the opening.

(1) No way in hell they fire the guy on Christmas Eve. Not even Bud Adams is that cold.

(2) There is just one more game left in the season. Let the guy finish the season seeing that its just one more game.

vCash
    In hindsight, I don't think Munchak should have been hired in the first place. He was an o-line coach who had never even held a coordinator job and he was given the position over other, more qualified candidates. It kind of sucks, because he has done a lot for this franchise, but Adams absolutely has to fire him now. And I doubt he'll want to stick around to coach a lesser role on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    In hindsight, I don't think Munchak should have been hired in the first place. He was an o-line coach who had never even held a coordinator job and he was given the position over other, more qualified candidates. It kind of sucks, because he has done a lot for this franchise, but Adams absolutely has to fire him now. And I doubt he'll want to stick around to coach a lesser role on the team.
    Yeah it was a typical Bud Adams move to just hire somebody cheap from within the organization. I thought all along as well that Mike Munchak had no credentials to warrant being a head coach. The list of line coaches that went on to make good head coaches is a very small one.

I felt good about the Jerry Gray hire at the time. I absolutely hated the Chris Palmer hiring because that guy had coached for nearly half the teams in the league. If he was worth anything he would have stuck around somewhere or ended up getting promoted to head coach.

vCash
    Yea I hated the Palmer hire from day one. I too liked the Gray hire, that worked out terribly. I disliked the Munchak hiring at first but his press conference won me over. Looks like he needs to be fired now.

Thinking about what Munch does if he gets fired (not wanting a lesser role), he probably wouldn't, but it'd be cool if he took the OL coach job again, as he's unlikely to be a head coach or even offensive coordinator anywhere else.

vCash
    They said this morning on Titans radio that several sources around the league are saying that Mike Munchak isn't expected to be back next year.