Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    If you can't see the difference between two SB winning drives, plus countless other elimination game heroics, versus Mr. 1-7, than you are missing an undeniable trend.

Sorry that you're wrong, again. It must suck to be so wrong about so much, so loudly.
    I wouldn't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseHamels View Post
    Enough with this psycho-babble crap. The guy BLEW it. He had a chance to win the game and threw a horrendous interception in a critical portion of the game. You can call it choking or any other adjective you want to use. Either way he had a passer rating of 55 and failed again in crucial spots.

You can throw ten dollar words out all day to make yourself feel better but it won't change the fact that the guy does not perform well in big games.
    He performed flawlessly last year against the Giants in exactly the same game, yet his team lost, and the media found a way to pin it on one pass, and make him a choker again.

If you can't see how much of a media myth "clutch" and "choke" really is, I just can't help you all. I know most of you don't want to think deeper than what ou've been told, but I promise, it is liberating. I think plenty are smart enough.

vCash
    Maybe we should bring back the Romo is better than Elway thread. That wasn't an incredibly stupid thread at the time or certainly not now.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    He performed flawlessly last year against the Giants in exactly the same game, yet his team lost, and the media found a way to pin it on one pass, and make him a choker again.

If you can't see how much of a media myth "clutch" and "choke" really is, I just can't help you all. I know most of you don't want to think deeper than what ou've been told, but I promise, it is liberating. I think plenty are smart enough.
    and if you can watch last nights game and think "Romo didn't blow it" I can't help you.

vCash
    Enough with this psycho-babble crap. The guy BLEW it. He had a chance to win the game and threw a horrendous interception in a critical portion of the game. You can call it choking or any other adjective you want to use. Either way he had a passer rating of 55 and failed again in crucial spots.

You can throw ten dollar words out all day to make yourself feel better but it won't change the fact that the guy does not perform well in big games.
    x2

vCash

Ah yes, the hallmark of a loser: Ignore what actually happened, I can convince you otherwise.

The system is rigged against me! lol

Poor soul.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Also this is in no way a troll thread.... I have stated for years now about him being underrated and not appreciated.
    Once again, I direct you here: http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/st...ed-quarterback

but feel free to respond with "That was in 2008"

So just for you, here you go, 2012's results. The #3 most overrated player... Tony Romo
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.3.html

The words over and underrated have become so bastardized, they practically mean nothing.
    Last edited by MooseWithFleas; 12-31-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Follow me on Twitter @MooseWithFleas

vCash
    Not sure what the actual argument is. 1-6 speaks for itself.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    and if you can watch last nights game and think "Romo didn't blow it" I can't help you.
    I never said that. He did blow it. He played poorly from the start. Against a team that played good defense from the start and has been playing relatively good defense for a few weeks now.

I never argued with any of that. I argued with an interpretation which claims there is so much more to the story than a player playing a poor game and a defense playing a good game or, better yet, a defense beating an opponent. My point is, for an unvalidated reason, that explanation is unacceptable. It is unacceptable to give Washington credit. Washington didn't play a good game. They didn't throw good coverages and great blitzes at Romo all night long. They didn't apply such constant pressure as to force a QB to make less-than-desirable decisions.

Of course not. Romo choked. That is all.

You see, I have no problem saying Romo played poorly in a game where he needed to play well. I have problems with the reasoning everyone else wants to give it.

Huge difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    ?

WVK and MTM's battered pride is the only reason to continue discussion at this point. At least MTM knows when he's lost.

vCash
    I never said that. He did blow it. He played poorly from the start. Against a team that played good defense from the start and has been playing relatively good defense for a few weeks now.

I never argued with any of that. I argued with an interpretation which claims there is so much more to the story than a player playing a poor game and a defense playing a good game or, better yet, a defense beating an opponent. My point is, for an unvalidated reason, that explanation is unacceptable. It is unacceptable to give Washington credit. Washington didn't play a good game. They didn't throw good coverages and great blitzes at Romo all night long. They didn't apply such constant pressure as to force a QB to make less-than-desirable decisions.

Of course not. Romo choked. That is all.

You see, I have no problem saying Romo played poorly in a game where he needed to play well. I have problems with the reasoning everyone else wants to give it.

Huge difference.
    Choked, played poorly, it's the same thing. Romo doesn't seem to ever show up in a "big" game. His record speaks for itself. He's a pretty good regular season QB, great on a fantasy team for putting up stats, but when he needs to play well, he simply just doesn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Actually, that's precisely the point. 1-6, by itself, says very little. It is too small a sample size and doesn't account for the fact that Romo has lost elimination games where he's played incredibly well.

But you're right, 1-6 speaks for itself. Laziness at its finest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    ?

WVK and MTM's battered pride is the only reason to continue discussion at this point. At least MTM knows when he's lost.
    I have no battered pride and don't give a **** what anyone else thinks.

vCash
    Actually, that's precisely the point. 1-6, by itself, says very little. It is too small a sample size and doesn't account for the fact that Romo has lost elimination games where he's played incredibly well.

But you're right, 1-6 speaks for itself. Laziness at its finest.
    Small sample size? How many elimination games do most guys get? I mean, that's 7 years, by many standards, that's an entire career. The 7 games may seem small in comparison to the rest of his bio, but it's also the most telling. He doesn't get it done when needed, period. Does he get too much blame, sure he does. Does he get too little credit, sure he does. It goes both ways. Romo isn't the only one who is faced with it, he's just the most glaring out there currently.

vCash
    Remember when P. Manning couldn't win the big one? he was called a choke artist, choker, etc. when it came to the big games. You know why? Because he couldn't get it done. If Romo wants to fix the perception, then he needs to change the reality. He can't continue to play piss poor in his teams biggest games. he just can't.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast