Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 212
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,112
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Instead of posting the team's W/L record why not post his individual stats?
    Not everybody does backflips or evaluated players soley on statstics. If that were the case, Troy Aikman wouldn't be in the HOF.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    if Adrian Peterson doesnt win the MVP, he'll be both the bets back in the NFL and underrated
    Tony Romo MVP




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Talk to me after he comes back and wins this thing
    This has to be the biggest fail since Twilight dark moon




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,414
    vCash
    2267


    I love when Yosef opens his mouth and looks stupid

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pattison Avenue
    Posts
    1,775
    vCash
    1500
    What. A. Loser.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    42,940
    vCash
    500
    Is MTM on suicide watch?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    45,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe:24919110
    You guys are ****ing laugh jobs. You wouldn't know the definition of choke of it bit you.
    Talk about in denial

    If down 3 with the ball with 3 minutes left and having all 3 of your timeouts at your disposal and you throw a third interception on a swing pass IN COVERAGE with your season and a playoff birth on the line. if thats not a choke job Than i dont know what is


    First Sim League Title!

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    7,331
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    Talk about in denial

    If down 3 with the ball with 3 minutes left and having all 3 of your timeouts at your disposal and you throw a third interception on a swing pass IN COVERAGE with your season and a playoff birth on the line. if thats not a choke job Than i dont know what is
    The fact is that there is no legitimate standard for determining if it's a choke job. Leverage is given way too much credit, when (1) there is no evidence for it in these scenarios and (2) it isn't applied consistently.

    I know, I've already used my brain and logic too much for most posters, but I just don't give a **** what anyone else things. I'll explain it and move on.

    (1) If the Cowboys are already out of contention, or if the Cowboys already locked up a playoff spot, and the same exact game was had by Romo with the same exact outcome, it wouldn't be considered a "choke". It'd just be a bad game. Yet, there is no methodology for concluding the game was anything more than a bad game. That is to say, there is no methodology for coming to the determination that leverage caused the poor performance. It's simply assumed given a media narrative. It's a choke because of the situation he was in, and nothing else. However, the narrative would have us believe that the performance was due to the situation he was in, without establishing a methodology for proposing that such is the case.

    So, as I stated in (1) leverage is given too much credit without legitimate evidence/methodology for determining the credit due to the leverage.

    (2) It is a product of circumstance and the credit given to leverage is not applied consistently. If another QB, in another game, not the final game of the year, had a poor game in a must-win game, no one says a word about "choking", especially if they aren't a "choker" QB, or if they're "clutch". Take, for example, Eli Manning's Week 16 game against the Baltimore Ravens. It was a must-win for them. They controlled their own destiny, and all they had to do was win out. Yet, Eli threw 4 INT and gave Baltimore the game, all but killing NYG playoff chances.

    But that wasn't a choke. Why? Because it wasn't the last game of the year, and because Eli is "clutch".

    The concept of "clutch" and "choke" in the NFL is a product of:

    (1) Leverage being given more credit than it deserves, without a valid methodology for determining it
    (2) Leverage not being applied consistently
    (3) Small sample sizes.

    It's nonsense. If you ask me, throwing 4 INT in a game you need to win is just as much of a "choke" as anything Romo has ever done. But we won't talk about that.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    The fact is that there is no legitimate standard for determining if it's a choke job. Leverage is given way too much credit, when (1) there is no evidence for it in these scenarios and (2) it isn't applied consistently.

    I know, I've already used my brain and logic too much for most posters, but I just don't give a **** what anyone else things. I'll explain it and move on.

    (1) If the Cowboys are already out of contention, or if the Cowboys already locked up a playoff spot, and the same exact game was had by Romo with the same exact outcome, it wouldn't be considered a "choke". It'd just be a bad game. Yet, there is no methodology for concluding the game was anything more than a bad game. That is to say, there is no methodology for coming to the determination that leverage caused the poor performance. It's simply assumed given a media narrative. It's a choke because of the situation he was in, and nothing else. However, the narrative would have us believe that the performance was due to the situation he was in, without establishing a methodology for proposing that such is the case.

    So, as I stated in (1) leverage is given too much credit without legitimate evidence/methodology for determining the credit due to the leverage.

    (2) It is a product of circumstance and the credit given to leverage is not applied consistently. If another QB, in another game, not the final game of the year, had a poor game in a must-win game, no one says a word about "choking", especially if they aren't a "choker" QB, or if they're "clutch". Take, for example, Eli Manning's Week 16 game against the Baltimore Ravens. It was a must-win for them. They controlled their own destiny, and all they had to do was win out. Yet, Eli threw 4 INT and gave Baltimore the game, all but killing NYG playoff chances.

    But that wasn't a choke. Why? Because it wasn't the last game of the year, and because Eli is "clutch".

    The concept of "clutch" and "choke" in the NFL is a product of:

    (1) Leverage being given more credit than it deserves, without a valid methodology for determining it
    (2) Leverage not being applied consistently
    (3) Small sample sizes.

    It's nonsense. If you ask me, throwing 4 INT in a game you need to win is just as much of a "choke" as anything Romo has ever done. But we won't talk about that.



    I disagree. Eli's performance against Baltimore was a choke job. It was a game the Giants needed. Not an elimination game (we all know his history in those types of games compared to Romo's, and since the science of psychology is, in fact, legitimate, it stands to reason that one man is better than handling the heaviest pressure than the other), but a game he needed to perform at a high level in, nonetheless. Still it's difficult to speak of a man who has led two SB winning drivings as a "choker." (see where I put the period, WVK? INSIDE the quotes. Learn how to punctuate smart guy.)
    Last edited by Mr Haha; 12-31-2012 at 12:54 PM.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    This is all a symptom of a larger sickness for some though: the failure to see what is plainly before them, and to seek out obscure and contrived numbers to try to convince themselves otherwise.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    That third pick was Sanchez-esque.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    7,331
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    [/B]

    I disagree. Eli's performance against Baltimore was a choke job. It was a game the Giants needed. Not an elimination game (we all know his history in those types of games compared to Romo's, and since the science of psychology is, in fact, legitimate, it stands to reason that one man is better than handling the heaviest pressure than the other), but a game he needed to perform at a high level in, nonetheless.
    There has been no valid methodology for applying psychology as a broad field to specific individuals in a sport, and assumed high-leverage situations. So, no, the fact that Psychology as a broad science is legitimate means absolutely nothing here. It doesn't stand to reason that one man is better at handling the pressure than the other, because that isn't a basic axiom of psychology. You use that line all the time about psychology, but you don't seem to understand that it doesn't assume what you assume. Psychology would tell us that it is a mere possibility, nothing else. Psychology also wouldn't take for granted the high-pressure nature of the situation itself.

    But you've proven incapable of deep, critical thought on this subject for a long time. I'm not going to waste my time with you, here.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    There has been no valid methodology for applying psychology as a broad field to specific individuals in a sport, and assumed high-leverage situations. So, no, the fact that Psychology as a broad science is legitimate means absolutely nothing here. It doesn't stand to reason that one man is better at handling the pressure than the other, because that isn't a basic axiom of psychology. You use that line all the time about psychology, but you don't seem to understand that it doesn't assume what you assume. Psychology would tell us that it is a mere possibility, nothing else. Psychology also wouldn't take for granted the high-pressure nature of the situation itself.

    But you've proven incapable of deep, critical thought on this subject for a long time. I'm not going to waste my time with you, here.
    If you can't see the difference between two SB winning drives, plus countless other elimination game heroics, versus Mr. 1-7, then you are missing an undeniable trend.

    Sorry that you're wrong, again. It must suck to be so wrong about so much, so loudly.
    Last edited by Mr Haha; 12-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    Way to go PSD's Tony Romo.

    L.O.L.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pattison Avenue
    Posts
    1,775
    vCash
    1500
    Enough with this psycho-babble crap. The guy BLEW it. He had a chance to win the game and threw a horrendous interception in a critical portion of the game. You can call it choking or any other adjective you want to use. Either way he had a passer rating of 55 and failed again in crucial spots.

    You can throw ten dollar words out all day to make yourself feel better but it won't change the fact that the guy does not perform well in big games.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •