Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: NFL Scouting

vCash

NFL Scouting

Do you feel like NFL Scouting need a new approach?

Why are so many mid-late round and even undrafted players outperforming higher draft picks?
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    peds
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    It isn't true.

1st round has mre players still playing than the 2nd round, than the 3rd round, etc., etc., etc. That tells me, overall, they get it right.

It isn't an exact science.

Here is the 2008 draft:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...2008/draft.htm

BTW, you ask a lot of questions, is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3SzV7Lpj7o
    Last edited by subroc; 01-04-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    There really isn't another approach. A lot of what determines if a player will be a success is x-factor stuff that you just can't watch game tape and determine. Jamarcus Tussell is a great example. Ton of talent but a screwed up head.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    The methods they use are flawed but I can't see another way of doing it. No one's going to put a guy in pads just for a try out and you can never accuratelypredict how someone will do in new systems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    There really isn't another approach. A lot of what determines if a player will be a success is x-factor stuff that you just can't watch game tape and determine. Jamarcus Tussell is a great example. Ton of talent but a screwed up head.
    All 32 teams certainly don't evaluate talent equally. The interviews of players, their teammates, their friends, psych tests, indepth analysis and due diligence is not an exact science but some organizations certainly do a much better job than others.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.