Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

If You Were In Charge Of Your Team's DRAFT....

Just the draft process. How do you honestly think you would do?

I've looked at mocks I've made for my team in the past and it's pretty bad.

Here's one for this year. 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

#28 Donta' Hightower ILB Alabama

He's simply the best football player on the board IMO. I'm not going to mess with him outside because I think it's a waste of time. I know we all wanted OLB but it didn't shake out. Perry is out of the question anymore, seems he's made it obvious he wants to be a DE.

#59 Jerel Worthy DL Michigan State

Shocked he's here. Yeah he's a little soft in the middle. Yeah he runs hot and cold but he's a talented player and far better than this slot would indicate. I don't see him having motivational issues in GB.

#90 Billy Winn DL Boise State

DL, DL, DL. Hargrove and Muir aren't going to stop me from taking the best DL here with nothing else standing out.

#123 Derek Wolfe DL NIU (I cheated he went 2 spots earlier)

I don't "love" the kid like so many others but why the hell not? He plays hard and I think can be a darn good rotational player. We're going to turn out biggest weaknesses last year into one of our better strengths.

#132 Ryan Lindley QB SDSU

If MM and TC can fix this kid, you're talking Rivers type level QB. I'm serious. It's a lot of damn work.

#133 Taylor Thompson TE SMU

Not that I've seen him much, but when people I highly respect are calling him Gronk V2, yes please.

#163 Miles Burris OLB SDSU

Finally find an OLB that fits, thought about the Troy kid but not a huge fan earlier. He's not starter ready and really none of our guys are but throw him in the mix and see what happens. Our DL rotation should be so stacked at this point that we can help cover this up.

#197 Adonis Thomas RB Toledo

Quite possibly my biggest crush in this draft. I just love the kid. He has a shot to be that missing piece of our backfield.

#224 Asa Jackson CB Cal Poly

Big fan of this kid too. Needs some work, touch on the short side but has the attitude and the athleticism.

#235 Christian Thompson FS South Carolina State

All Star game winner who's numbers and everything I've seen and read fall in line with a great flier pick at this point.Believe he was a pretty big HS recruit who transferred out of Auburn.

#241 Chandler Harnish QB Northern Ill

I just love me some Harnish. He needs time but he's that fit MM seems to look for.

#243 Sammy Brown OLB Houston

My oh hell why not pick. 2nd in NCAA for sacks IIRC. Worth a shot....

Here's the full board so you can make your own and post it.

Here's my final (I think) mock. I tried to make it sexy as hell while still being pretty realistic.

I used probably about 6 different sources for this. If a player was available in over half whether it was mock or a big board or a round projection I considered that player available

I sat looking for players at 32 and I just was luke warm about every single one of them. So I phoned up Seattle and we made a trade.

Packers receive #25 and #153 and shell out #32 #96 and #129

With the 25th pick the Packers select: JJ Watt DE Wisconsin This would kill any remaining TT haters. It makes too much sense.

We need DE with Cullen probably leaving. We drooled over him at his pro day. He's a total freak. And he went to UW. Will he be around until 25? Probably not, but crazier things have happened and this would probably be my favorite TT pick ever.

#64 Dontay Moch OLB Nevada: I don't care what anyone says about this kids "instincts" you don't become the all time conference leader in TKL on accident. I've watched him make plays in the backfield from being lined up all over. He's one of the most physically gifted players in the ENTIRE draft. I've even watched him drop into coverage on a WR on a go route from his DE position and actually outrun his CB teammate to make the pass deflection. This is the ultimate weapon for Capers. We have the coaching staff to mold him and he has all the ability in the world to be one of the greats.

#131 Jalil Brown CB Colorado: Overshadowed by Jimmy Smith and overlooked by most Packer fans this kid seems to fit the TT prototype for CB IMO. He's 6 foot 1 and 205 and runs about a 4.45-4.50. He's been durable in his college time as well. Basically he has the size and plays zone and man equally well. Pretty good runs support guy too. He just seems like a solid prospect, he probably will never be great but he has a chance to be pretty good and nice value at this point.

#153 Alex Green RB Hawaii:
    The size to speed ratio on this kid is great for starters.6' 225 and a 4.45 40. Playing at Hawaii he's familiar with pass blocking and being involved in the pass game as well. He's the perfect replacement for Jackson. Not to mention I like to describe him as a "power 3rd down back" which seems pretty rare to me. Averaged over 8 yards a carry last year. Try and rocess that? I'll add as well that I was one of the people really pining for more runs out of our shotgun sets. Here's a guy that's completely familiar with that.

#163 Stephen Burton WR West Texas AM:
    I think most of us know the story on this kid. He's big and fast but playing at West Texas AM isn't exactly impressive. He ran under 4.4 at his pro day and if you saw him at the combine you saw he's really quite a specimen. I've only see him play in the TX versus the nation game honestly but all the reports are that he has soft hands, good body control and is good after the catch. All things I like our receivers to have.

#197 Byron Stingily OT Louiseville:
    I don't know an awful lot about him other than reading what others have said but he's got future LT written all over him from his numbers. He's just raw and needs to fill out his frame. Some consistent pro weight room time and some coaching could turn him into a steal in a couple years.

#204 Anthony Gray NT Southern Miss: I've been complaining about Raji talking too many NT snaps for quite a while. He needs more breaks. Well check out this guy's numbers out next to Raji's.

Gray's pro day
    Height: 5113
    Weight: 330
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.16
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.95
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.63
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 39
    Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'04"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.61
    3-Cone Drill: 7.97

Raji's combine
    Height: 6014
    Weight: 337
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.12
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.93
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 33
    Vertical Jump: 32
    Broad Jump: 08'07"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.69
    3-Cone Drill: 7.90

Gray did more reps. Almost the same 40, faster 10 year split. Vert almost identical. Broad bigger, faster in shuttle and almost identical again in the 3 cone. I know that doesn't all amount to jack in terms of whether or not he can play football but that seems like a damn good prototype that if you could coach up could be another legendary late round pick for Green Bay.

#223 Kealoha Pilares WR Hawaii: When I read a quote from Ted Thompson saying they went to his pro day specifically for him, at first I thought it was a smoke screen. Maybe not. He started off his career as a reserve running back at Hawaii and had over 120 carries and 8 TDs his first two years. Moved over to WR and started every game as a Senior before getting hurt in the bowl game. He finished with over 1300 yards and 15 scores. He's got great YAC potential and really moves like a RB with the ball. And lacks ideal height at 5 10 but he is an athletic specimen.

40 Yrd Dash: 4.42
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.57
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.50
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
    Vertical Jump: 40 1/2
    Broad Jump: 10'05"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.11
    3-Cone Drill: 6.85

The vert really stands out to me.

Anyways, he projects to me as a returner as well and could be that slot type gadget weapon we haven't had. He could probably even play some in the backfield if we wanted. Another note is that he actually received a game ball once in a game that he didn't even catch a single pass for his willingness and proficiency as a run blocker. I thought that was interesting for a guy his size.

UDFA signings. I decided to add a few of these in there too.

Isaac Odim RB Minnesota Duluth: I think my obsession with him is fairly evident by my signature.

Colin Cochart TE South Dakota State: Did a whole lot of blocking at SDSU but when he was asking to go and be a receiver he's incredibly natural and has good hands. He's an upgrade over Crabtree in blocking and receiving IMO.

Josh Gatlin CB North Dakota State: I've been saving this one for a while. I've almost mocked him in the seventh before but he isn't really worth it. I've seen him play a few times and he's faaaaast. He doesn't really get thrown at much so I don't know a ton about him. Here's the big selling point, he's really only played football in college for two years and you ever heard of Justin Gatlin the Olympic sprinter? Yeah, that's his cousin. Might be worth a shot to coach up ala Shields. He might have a shot at returning or playing some safety too.

Mike Person OT Montana State: No, I didn't scout Montana State but he keeps coming up in rumors about his pro day and working him out and he seems like an interesting prospect but not someone entirely draftable.

Gabe Miller OLB Oregon State: This is the world's most popular pick for round 7 for 34 teams. His numbers from his pro day are comparable to recent first round OLBs. He has little production in college after moving to OLB from TE and has torn his achilles tendon twice. He may get drafted still but it will be late.

Korey Lindsey CB Southern Illinois: I think the secret is sort out on this kid now. He was basically untouchable in college at his level but at the same time he's a huge injury concern.
    9.Everette Brown DE/OLB FSU: To be honest if it ends up that Raji/Orakpo/J.Smith/Monroe aren't on the board I'd prefer to trade down. That'd being said Brown's still one hell of a player. Great first step, uses a number of different moves, and unlike some conversion guys I don't question his ability to drop back into coverage from an athletic standpoint. I wasn't high on him at first but the more I see and read of him the more I'm liking the idea. Plus I've read some interviews and I get the impression he would rather play OLB than DE FWIW.

41. Sean Smith CB/S Utah: Some might see this as a reach and some might say he'll be long gone. The standard deviation on this kid is huge but this is another guy I really like. Forget about his height or his 40 time. He's not a safety, at least at first. I know there's concern about how fluid he is in the hips so I guess worse case scenario he does have to move to safety if he really can't cut it but there's tons of CB's where the hips have been questioned. On the other hand, he was a WR when he first arrived at Utah and has good hands and ball skills from what I've seen. He plays physically to his size especially for a CB and doesn't have a problem sticking his nose in there on run plays. Not only that he still seems raw and could learn a damn lot from a couple of experienced corners I know who reside in Green Bay.

73. Troy Kropog OT Tulane: This and Urbik seem to be hugely popular picks for us in this round and I tend to agree. I'm not going to go into much detail other than I think he's undervalued somewhat with the top of the draft being heavy in offensive tackles and he's also a nice fit for ZBS.

83.Brandon Tate WR UNC: Hakeem Nicks should thank this guy for getting injured last year because he helped Nicks make himself a lot of money. Tate was the guy opposing teams used to fear. Has all the tools to become a quality WR in this league, he just needs the time to develop and this would be a good environment to do so. Obviously the big concern is his injury but unfortunately we know all too well how much TT likes taking chances on players with an injury history. The big x-factor here is how good of a return man he is and as much as I like Blackmon on punt returns, IMO we need someone better to return kicks.

109. Kyle Moore DE USC: Nothing is going to blow you away with this kid but he's a solid football player and a great character guy as well. I've always wondered why he wasn't talked about more but when you look at the rest of the guys on there D (Maualuga, Matthews, Cushing, Mays, etc) you can see why he was overshadowed. He might be a little undersized for the 34 DE right now but it's also important to remember we'll probably be running some sort of hybrid scheme to start out which should give him time to adjust while maybe still getting reps as a 4-3 end. Probably never going to be an All-Pro but I hope he could become a solid starter for us.

145. Terrance Taylor DT Michigan: Long gone by now? Maybe. Beginning of the season he was thought of as a first day pick now he's seen on boards anywhere from 100ish to the 200 range. Worries me somewhat but hey he's big, strong and cheap at this spot. He put up 225lbs 37 times for those who missed it and ran a 5.08 40 at his pro day. I considered him at 109 as well but I wouldn't go any higher and realistically he's probably long gone by this spot but I've seen him this low on enough boards to prompt me to take him here with this mock. **Interesting side note, he weighed in at 306 at the combine yet during the season I saw him listed anywhere from 319 (according to Michigan's roster) to 340 pounds (according to some announcers on TV who saw him in person, not that they can actually tell the difference visually from 320 to 340). But If he really shed 20 or so pounds that would be important but his conditioning and work ethic is something that is often question.

182.Zach Potter DE Nebraska: I like this kid quite a bit. He isn't going to blow you away athleticly, his production wasn't the greatest (nor was the rest of the Cornhusker defense) but I like his size and motor. Plus the fact he comes pretty cheap. Could have longer arms but he is almost 6'7" already. Obvious comparisons to Adam Carriker are made quite a bit, well a poor man's version at least.

187.Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska: On paper he looks like a first day guy. Lots of questions marks like injuries, underachieving, strength, overall technique, etc...just what you would expect from a 6-7th rounder. Good chance someone takes a flier on him before this spot as well but who knows.

218.Vaugn Martin DT Western Ontario: I hate myself for even picking this one but I won't lie this guy is interesting as hell to me. 6'3" 330 pounds, 33 bench reps, and 5.00 40 time...wow, impressive. If that isn't enough his advertised pro day 3-Cone and 20yd Shuttle times are better than Brian Orakpo's from his and a number of other DE's that are OLB prospects! The first ever Candian player to declare for the NFL early and has only been playing football since his second year on high school. Whether he can play football at the pro level, who knows, but he was given a scholarship to Michigan St. but he couldn't make the grades. I really can't gauge where he'll be drafted or really what type of player he would even be but my interest was definetely peaked by such freakish athleticism like that.

Can't find a 2010 one......overall pretty craptastic if you ask me.

If you have old mocks post them or just give your overall thinking or whatever.

Oh here's a 2010. Found one.

1. Maurkice Pouncey C/G Florida

2. Lamarr Houstin DE Texas

3. Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech

4. Darrell Stuckey S Kansas

5a. Marshall Newhouse OG/OT TCU

5b. Tony Washington OT Abilene Christian

6. Arthur Moats OLB James Madison

7. LeRoy Vann Florida A&M
    Those were all my "final" ones I did for every year.

vCash
    2009 would have gotten my fired.
    2010 I do okay. It's average at very best.
    2011 I got Watt...way too late but that's how I did it. Rest is garbage. Probably a win.
    2012 Meh. It has a lot of potential, looks to be easily my best class but I had a thousand picks.

vCash
    are you talking accuracy to what actually happened or evaluating the players that you liked then now?

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    are you talking accuracy to what actually happened or evaluating the players that you liked then now?
    Yeah I couldn't careless if they went in the right spots or rounds.

I was using multiple sources and their projections at the time. I don't actually know team's big boards.

I'm looking at how I did it. It was more a conversation about how incredibly difficult this is and most of anything I've done seems to be luck.

Does seem I get slightly better as I go along.

vCash
    I don't do mock drafts. I simply figure out what the team's needs are, and I'm generally satisfied if they address most of those needs.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I don't do mock drafts. I simply figure out what the team's needs are, and I'm generally satisfied if they address most of those needs.
    I do them out of boredom. I was just trying to show what I supposedly would have done.....

vCash
    I'll pull some up at a later time, but I know I've generally been awful at mocking the Bears. I'll venture a guess that I had Carimi in a couple, but I never considered McClellin last offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I'll pull some up at a later time, but I know I've generally been awful at mocking the Bears. I'll venture a guess that I had Carimi in a couple, but I never considered McClellin last offseason.
    More wondering if the guys you mocked to them turned out to be good players.

vCash
    heres where im at for this year, you be the judge
    1. Jonathan Banks CB, Mississippi State
    2. Eric Reid FS, LSU
    3. Khaseem Greene OLB, Rutgers
    4. Stedman Bailey WR, West Virginia
    4. Jordan Reed TE, Florida
    5. Quanterus Smith DE, Western Kentucky
    6. Robert Alford CB, SE Louisiana
    7. Marcus Lattimore RB, South Carolina

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    heres where im at for this year, you be the judge
    No way to tell until they play for a while........looks nice though. Probably slightly unrealistic. Too much talent.

vCash
    i would contribute but i cant access them cuz the website i did them on doesnt like me.

i do remember projecting Shorts at pick 101 though, kerrigan at 16.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    i would contribute but i cant access them cuz the website i did them on doesnt like me.

i do remember projecting Shorts at pick 101 though, kerrigan at 16.
    I didn't want to touch Kerrigan in a 3-4. Was wrong there.

I had a Randall Cobb sig for months before the draft and was begging for us to get him. Probably my best draft prediction ever.

But I also though Locker and Ponder would be fringe top 10 QB's by now. Lol oops.

vCash
    i think i remember last years draft one.

think i wanted something like
    round 1: Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    round 2: Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
    round 3: Lamar Miller RB Miami(FL)
    round 4: TY Hilton WR Florida International
    round 5: Bryan Anger P California
    round 6: Taylor Thompson DE/TE SMU
    round 7: Andrew Datko OT FSU

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I can't remember many of my picks after round one in past years. In '09 I would have taken either Curry or Orakpo. 2010 I had Berry going to the Chiefs for months (September if '09 leading up to the draft). 2011I switched the pick around a bit. Was Julio, then Baldwin, then Aldon Smith, then back to Baldwin a month before the draft. Last year I thought that it was going to be Burfict, then when his stock fell, I switched it to Kuechly and after the combine, I kept Poe going to the Chiefs.

As you can tell, I'm physic when it comes to the Chiefs picks. Other ones I've nailed outside the first round that I remember are McCluster, Houston, and Menzie.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I can't remember many of my picks after round one in past years. In '09 I would have taken either Curry or Orakpo. 2010 I had Berry going to the Chiefs for months (September if '09 leading up to the draft). 2011I switched the pick around a bit. Was Julio, then Baldwin, then Aldon Smith, then back to Baldwin a month before the draft. Last year I thought that it was going to be Burfict, then when his stock fell, I switched it to Kuechly and after the combine, I kept Poe going to the Chiefs.

As you can tell, I'm physic when it comes to the Chiefs picks. Other ones I've nailed outside the first round that I remember are McCluster, Houston, and Menzie.
    i remember mockibg houston in round 1

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast