Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Who would of thought this team would have missed Aaron Ross this much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Who would of thought this team would have missed Aaron Ross this much
    The last thing we need is Aaron Ross. He's still trash.

vCash
    never cared for ross.

vCash
    webster is not the problem. depth as a result of injuries is. i agree he's aging and as the season progresses you can expect his body to wear down as well. he stays relatively healthy which is a plus.

we need depth. once we get healthy we can start to reevaluate our db's capabilities. maybe it does turn out that prince makes a better no.1. or tt. or maybe tt is spent. maybe prince cant take the heat. who knows.

it's gonna be a loooooong offseason. i've been spoiled by deep playoff runs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    webster is not the problem. depth as a result of injuries is. i agree he's aging and as the season progresses you can expect his body to wear down as well. he stays relatively healthy which is a plus.

we need depth. once we get healthy we can start to reevaluate our db's capabilities. maybe it does turn out that prince makes a better no.1. or tt. or maybe tt is spent. maybe prince cant take the heat. who knows.

it's gonna be a loooooong offseason. i've been spoiled by deep playoff runs.
    Really? C'mon man, enough with giving Webster a pass, he's terrible this season, along with many other players, Eli included.

vCash
    I like the idea but who are we gonna replace him with..hosley? no thank you ...we need to draft cb I don't trust Thomas and I doubt he stays he wasn't happy with our staff the way he was rehabbed and rushed back he felt and he made it obvious...prince hasn't lived up to his expectations , we should sign someone in the offseason and draft in the 2nd round imo

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    That's a crock of ****. C Web in 2008 was a top 5 CB, and should have been a pro bowler. He's a man/press corner and relys in his strength and ability to throw the receiver rhythm off to be affective. Never had speed to run with speedsters but had the strength to man handle them.

Losing Spags basically hurt him the most. Spags allowed him to play press man 90% of the game. C Web is a guy who need confidence to be affective. Remember when he first entered the league, he was getting toasted left and right and lost confidence and eventually his job. The play that got his confidence back was the INT return for a TD against the Bills. He played with swag and eventually helped us win a Super Bowl by shutting down Moss. He's not a zone and doesn't have the instincts to be affective as a one corner same with Prince. Fewel is the problem. Web has lost a step and fewel continues to leave him in a island by himself. You can tell Web has lost confidence. One thing Spags knew, web couldn't cover speed recievers so he never put him on them. Fewel doesn't get that.
    Yes, but in fairness Webster is having an off year. You are right that the kid is exagerating in cutting him. That be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We don't need to get rid of him we need to not set him on #1s anymore. Prince needs to step up as a top CB, T2 needs to recover, Hosley needs to step it up next year and Web will be a fine veteran depth guy to have around.

Should he be on the top 1 or 2 WRs? No, but if the young talent (and hopefully additions via draft or FA) man the top WRs, he's certainly a better depth guy than Tryon.

It's time to phase him out, not cut him out.
    Always speaking words of wisdom. Ladies and Gentlemen when you need pure football analysis rely to the GGGGG-Men he knows his stuff.

You are very much right. This offseason was an exciting one for us to have 3 potential number 1 corners. First we loose T2, then Webster has had hamstring problems-plus a broken hand, and now lost Prince. I also believe we lost Bruce Johnson as well to injury, who is a pretty darn good nickel corner.

On top of that our rookie Hosley has been hampered with injuries. So is it fair to pin point everything at Webster? No, because he is not the complete blame for the secondary problems. Has he been anywhere good of what he normally is? No, had he pissed me off to? Yes, but he is not going to be/nor should he be cut for having an off year. And the same goes for Justin Tuck.

Ive said from the first game Perry Fewell came in he wont succeed here, and now it is showing.

vCash
    Webster s fine n not going anywhere n still is our number CB n reason of coverage is Stevie Brown being n playing like Rolle n not he ""anchor"" like Phillips is. Webster isn't he fastest nor strongest but needs help on top. Stevie was too much of a gambler n not the coverage in the back end as Phillips does

N injuries hurt our secondary... prince needs to stop being a ***** n play. I miss Ross

Injuries means more reps. Just as the d line suffered as well. Joseph n scanty can't go full speed all game. We need rotation!!!!

Go C Web!!

Someone kill this lame thread. Webster is going anywhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    Yes, but in fairness Webster is having an off year. You are right that the kid is exagerating in cutting him. That be ridiculous.

Always speaking words of wisdom. Ladies and Gentlemen when you need pure football analysis rely to the GGGGG-Men he knows his stuff.

You are very much right. This offseason was an exciting one for us to have 3 potential number 1 corners. First we loose T2, then Webster has had hamstring problems-plus a broken hand, and now lost Prince. I also believe we lost Bruce Johnson as well to injury, who is a pretty darn good nickel corner.

On top of that our rookie Hosley has been hampered with injuries. So is it fair to pin point everything at Webster? No, because he is not the complete blame for the secondary problems. Has he been anywhere good of what he normally is? No, had he pissed me off to? Yes, but he is not going to be/nor should he be cut for having an off year. And the same goes for Justin Tuck.

Ive said from the first game Perry Fewell came in he wont succeed here, and now it is showing.
    I'm an amateur but thanks. And even though there's been some blown plays, Hosley has some potential. He's hung in pretty well for the most part. Now a season under his belt and a full offseason to refine his technique. But if Prince is everything we need him to be, he can be the top CB with Webster bumping down....although it seems they play sides of the D more than matching up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    People fail to realize that Fewell's defense is NOT terrible...in fact it's very good. But it relies HEAVILY on a pass rush,
    Respectfully, Fewell himself mentioned a few times the scheme was not designed to sack the QB. That DL was sliding all season with very few games of attacking the QB. Fewell never consistently turned these guys loose.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Webster needs to lower his $7 million dollar price tag. Make no mistake, he's the Giants best corner. He had no help and was one-on-one all season with zero help from the front four. The Giants two Superbowls with Webster and he's still the best corner yet had zero help (unlike Prince).

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123