Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Also per is also based off of league average, so comparing people from different eras is going to have some variance. Also comparing WAde to someone who has finished their career is foolish, considering most of Wades career has been spent in his prime lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Ughhh. Wade wasn't the only example...there were many more inconsistencies that I pointed out.

NBA/ABA
    Rank Player PER
    1. Michael Jordan* 27.91
    2. LeBron James 27.29
    3. Shaquille O'Neal 26.43
    4. David Robinson* 26.18
    5. Wilt Chamberlain* 26.13
    6. Dwyane Wade 25.62
    7. Chris Paul 25.47
    8. Bob Pettit* 25.35
    9. Tim Duncan 24.76
    10. Neil Johnston* 24.69
    11. Charles Barkley* 24.63
    12. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 24.58
    13. Magic Johnson* 24.11
    14. Karl Malone* 23.90
    15. Dirk Nowitzki 23.63
    16. Hakeem Olajuwon* 23.59
    17. Julius Erving* 23.58
    18. Larry Bird* 23.50
    19. Kobe Bryant 23.48
    20. Kevin Garnett 23.25

Well, according to that list...

David Robinson has a higher PER than Magic

Barkley has a higher PER than Kareem

Wade has a higher PER than Duncan

Malone has a higher PER than Hakeem

Dirk has a higher PER than Bird

Lebron has a higher PER than Duncan

Barkley has a higher PER than Hakeem

Barkley has a higher PER than Magic

Wade has a higher PER than Bird

How many more inconsistencies do you want me to find?
    Just thought I'd fix that for ya.

Anyone with a working brain can understand that not because a player has a better PER he's better than another its basically that player doing more on the floor statistically per minute that he's given than another player. More so in terms of offense than defensively.

JUST BECAUSE ONE PLAYER HAS A BETTER PER THAN ANOTHER DOES NOT MAKE HIM A BETTER PLAYER IT MEANS HE HAS A HIGHER PER PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

vCash
    Using career PER to say that one player is better than another is like me saying Allen Iverson is a better scorer than Kobe Bryant because he has a higher career scoring average. According to some idiots around here (the usual suspects sadly) I would be right, since they seem to believe that that's how stats works.

I use stats in damn near every player evaluation I make and the same goes for %100 of the open minded rational posters on this forum what we don't do however is use them wrongly for purposes in which they weren't intended for without the use of context. If I did I'd be running around saying A.I. should have been on the All D team on more occasions than Kobe since he averaged more steals than damn near anyone else who played at the G position during his time.

Stats aren't the end all us "nerds" or "stat guys" like some idiots like to call us always say this time and time again but apparently they are to dumb, dense or slow to see this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernDaySavage View Post
    According to some of these guys, career PER is the absolute end all say all stat for career rankings. They just look past all reasonable arguments, and say as little as a .05 difference is concrete evidence that the player is better.
    Ive seen more people say what you just described than actual people who abuse it as the end all. Just saying, I would like to see these posters.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    I argue more than most posters here on the NBA Forum and in my time here on the NBA Forum I have NEVER seen someone say this. Could you please find us an example where someone says PER is an end all stat. The only persons who say that are the ones who hate it (eg Nicky, Amoser etc). Guys who actually know what PER is and what it represents have never said that around here.
    I believe he was referencing guys like amose who make that claim as a way to try and discredit it. Basically I think he's agreeing with you
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    wtf does EXPECTED have to do with it? When he has played he has been a very damn good. Deron Williams was expected to be a top-10 player this season. Obviously things change!
    In what world?
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456