Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If Lebeau is to retire who would you most prefer to replace him?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keith Butler

18 72.00%
  • Rex Ryan

3 12.00%
  • Raheem Morris

2 8.00%
  • Other (name them)

2 8.00%
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think Harrison is one of the few times where we held on to a guy too long. He's likely best used as a situational pass rusher now. And he makes too much to make that. So time for him to see the door.

The Beard: If we can bring him back on a one year deal at cheap and make him a rotational guy with Ziggy and Heyward I would be ecstatic.

Hampton: He's had one too many chili-cheese dogs. Time to take up competitive eating buddy.

Foote: Same as Keisle, one year team friendly deal to serve as a mentor to a drafted guy.

Sanders: 1 or 2 year prove it wasn't a fluke type deal.

Redman/Dwyer: They seem kinda redundant. Pick one for a multi year deal and give the other the RFA tender.

Mendenhall: See ya, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split ya.

Starks/Colon: It's been nice, we have you on speed dial just incase.

Get Ben, Troy, LaMarr to all restructure.

There is my vision for what to do with what's on roster.

Oh and one last one: Have Ike give every player on the roster the name and number of the guy he does off season training with. Better yet....have the Steelers hire him.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Id keep my eyes on what KC does this offseason. They have a lot of talented guys but since their team was so bad (pretty much 95% of why they suck so bad was their inept quarterback but lets not tell them that) we should see who they let walk as they rebuild entirely (idiotic)

i LOVED Branden Albert coming out of college and hes been rated PFW #5 LT in pass coverage and they average 5 yards a carry behind him so he might be hard to get. Tyson Jackson has all the qualities of being an awesome 3-4 defensive end, and Glenn Dorsey was an animal at LSU in a 4-3 i wouldnt mind rotating him on a dline. Im all about rotational lineman. I want fresh legs out there constantly.

We could kick Gilbert inside to left guard... people dont seem to grasp the concept of anyone who plays tackle can play guard. Which may be a better fit for Gilbert... hes kind of soft to man the edge.

Albert-Gilbert-Pouncey-DeCastro-Adams
    Backups: Beachum, Ryan Lee, Rookie

I dont know i think we need one more lineman. Id much rather bring in a guy like Albert/Jake Long/ whoever then Mike Wallace.

vCash
    Still to this day im completely baffled why we would give huge extensions to Kemo and Colon we are still paying deeply for... our front office is so much better then that. I knew those contracts would kill us.

If we avoid careless spending we can bring in some guys who are outside the organization... as much as that paints our FO to do. Some guys on other teams are in fact better then some of our players.. i know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Still to this day im completely baffled why we would give huge extensions to Kemo and Colon we are still paying deeply for... our front office is so much better then that. I knew those contracts would kill us.

If we avoid careless spending we can bring in some guys who are outside the organization... as much as that paints our FO to do. Some guys on other teams are in fact better then some of our players.. i know
    It's because Kemo was actually solid until about 2010, always good in run blocking but we all know how Arians hates to play to the strengths of his team. He ruined Kemo's career.

And Colon, he was an ok right tackle and had a good year at left guard, penalties notwithstanding.

Those aren't cases of "careless spending" at all, they're cases of not being able to magically see into the future and see that Kemo would begin sucking and Colon would keep getting injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    It's because Kemo was actually solid until about 2010, always good in run blocking but we all know how Arians hates to play to the strengths of his team. He ruined Kemo's career.

And Colon, he was an ok right tackle and had a good year at left guard, penalties notwithstanding.

Those aren't cases of "careless spending" at all, they're cases of not being able to magically see into the future and see that Kemo would begin sucking and Colon would keep getting injured.
    Kemo wasnt good enough to commit 5 years to. Colon had alligator arms and never produced and wasnt he even injury prone back then. Wasted money. I said it then, and im sticking to my guns. Its another case of trying to reward our home grown players even if they dont nescesarily have earned it,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Kemo wasnt good enough to commit 5 years to. Colon had alligator arms and never produced and wasnt he even injury prone back then. Wasted money. I said it then, and im sticking to my guns. Its another case of trying to reward our home grown players even if they dont nescesarily have earned it,
    Remember the 2009 Chargers game? Mendenhall's first start, 165 yards and 2 TDs. The game of Kemo's life, and he could have done that week in and week out if Arians were competent. That's worth a 5 year contract. For his sake I wish he had gone to the Jets in 2009, he'd probably still be in the league then.

Colon got his extension after his first injury. Before then he was an ok starter, the issues were never him and Starks at the tackle positions but Arians not using Kemo correctly, the mess at right guard and Justin Hartwig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think Harrison is one of the few times where we held on to a guy too long. He's likely best used as a situational pass rusher now. And he makes too much to make that. So time for him to see the door.

The Beard: If we can bring him back on a one year deal at cheap and make him a rotational guy with Ziggy and Heyward I would be ecstatic.

Hampton: He's had one too many chili-cheese dogs. Time to take up competitive eating buddy.

Foote: Same as Keisle, one year team friendly deal to serve as a mentor to a drafted guy.

Sanders: 1 or 2 year prove it wasn't a fluke type deal.

Redman/Dwyer: They seem kinda redundant. Pick one for a multi year deal and give the other the RFA tender.

Mendenhall: See ya, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split ya.

Starks/Colon: It's been nice, we have you on speed dial just incase.

Get Ben, Troy, LaMarr to all restructure.

There is my vision for what to do with what's on roster.

Oh and one last one: Have Ike give every player on the roster the name and number of the guy he does off season training with. Better yet....have the Steelers hire him.
    Great minds think alike..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I forget where I read it, but they were talking about Woodley and being in shape. And Troy and the calf issues.

They mentioned other than his broken bones Ike has never missed time due to a training/conditioning type injury. And that this year Troy is changing his conditioning program and AB, Sanders, some DBs and Timmons are rumored to be going to Orlando to train with Ike.

Also: Founf this interesting. I think I would cream my pants if we ended up with this.

vCash
    http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013lattimore.php

Sorry for the DP but this was interesting.

vCash
    Definitely liked that interview. Marcus seems like he's in high spirits and will continue to get better.

An also that "Mock Draft", on Bleacher report, that's one hell of a draft, Robert in the 2nd is an amazing find. I do like the first round pick, but I still think we take Manti if he's available..
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Senior Bowl practices on NFL Network..... Let's see..... Bias aside. Scout time.

Interesting, Denard Robinson at WR. Wow. He's so fast

vCash

Did our WR's "drop the ball" this year?

Hines Ward blames Steelers young receivers for missing playoffs
    Posted by Ricky Brisse on January 28, 2013 at 7:10amView Sports Blog.Pittsburgh Steelers

former wide receiver Hines Ward wanted to play another season and could see the Steelers young receivers needed a leader, but the team felt he could no longer perform at a high level.

Ward says the receivers youth is a big reason the Steelers went 8-8 and missed the playoffs in 2012.

"They have a bunch of young, talented guys," Ward said in a recent interview with Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette. "The organization chose to go young and in a different direction. My argument was, 'Great, but I don't think any of those guys other than Mike Wallace were in crucial situations to ask them to carry the load.

"They were asked to be put into a huge role at such a young age. I had to deal with it. I was a veteran guy my second year. It's a learning curve for those guys. The transition going to next year, maybe they'll learn from their mistakes.

"I love everything about those guys. I wish them nothing but the best with those guys. ... Hopefully, the light bulb will turn on for those guys and they'll understand what the profession is on and off field.

"With A.B., Mike and Emmanuel, sometimes it takes more than work ethic. You have to put in the time both at work and home to take care of your body and your playbook."
    Ward agrees with president Art Rooney II that the Steelers need a premier running back.

"They have to find a new running back or young stud if they don't sign Rashard Mendenhall. All they have is Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman. That's key, especially for Haley's offense. Art Rooney wants to get back to running the ball and playing good defense. Personnel-wise, that was hard for Todd Haley to run his offense.

"This is the year for Pittsburgh to go out and draft a marquee guy to run Todd Haley's offense."
    Ward believes the defense is still good but will have to find some young stars.

"They're a team in transition, losing some of the older guys. The marquee names are getting older, and it's time for younger guys to step up.

"On defense, they're still playing good football. They'll always finish in the top five. In the secondary, Keenan Lewis had a big year, Ike Taylor is getting older, and there's a transition. You have to find some young stars to step up their play and allow them to be consistent."

Read more: http://sportsglory.com/profiles/blog...#ixzz2JJHHMajV
    Thoughts..
    Last edited by SluggeR; 01-28-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Former UCON WR Kashif Moore, signed to a futures contract. Very small, but extremely quick and fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Thoughts..
    Ward is a wise man.

vCash
    About Ward's words, I wouldn't necessarily say that they were the #1 reason but they did not help at all. I also don't think Ward returning for this year would have helped either.

About Steelers news, we got Jack Bicknell Jr as new OL coach. He was OL coach with the Giants from 09-11 and the Chiefs last year. For all the issues the Chiefs had that got them the #1 pick, I don't think offensive line was way up there. This is the classic Steelers pick: No big name, but not a complete head scratcher. I'm not as excited as I was with Kugler or Haley, but I like this pick.

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast