Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If Lebeau is to retire who would you most prefer to replace him?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keith Butler

18 72.00%
  • Rex Ryan

3 12.00%
  • Raheem Morris

2 8.00%
  • Other (name them)

2 8.00%
Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good write up.

The only free agent we should try to retain is Keenan Lewis. I'd let about everyone else walk theyre all very replaceable players.

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2013pit.php

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Good write up.

The only free agent we should try to retain is Keenan Lewis. I'd let about everyone else walk theyre all very replaceable players.

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2013pit.php
    Yeah I already commented on that. It's not the greatest, completely undersells Mike Adams and Larry Foote, but it could be worse. Love that he recognizes Steve McLendon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    Yeah I already commented on that. It's not the greatest, completely undersells Mike Adams and Larry Foote, but it could be worse. Love that he recognizes Steve McLendon.
    The amount of film, and analysis that guy makes is INCREDIBLE. He literally knows every team like hes there personal fan. Its unreal. His write ups are so in depth for games, needs, drafts, scouting reports, etc.

Very impressive. I dont know how he makes a living though. He has to spend every moment of his day on that site or watching football film

vCash
    The amount of film, and analysis that guy makes is INCREDIBLE. He literally knows every team like hes there personal fan. Its unreal. His write ups are so in depth for games, needs, drafts, scouting reports, etc.

Very impressive. I dont know how he makes a living though. He has to spend every moment of his day on that site or watching football film
    It's ads on the site, and its parent site is the yard barker. Running that website is his job, he gets paid for running it.

I do like him a lot but I don't really take all he says as fact. What I said in my previous response about him was that he's just as flawed as ESPN, NFL Network, FOX, CBS and NBC, but whereas all those media outlets say the same exact thing, Walter says new, different, more interesting things that are probably more accurate, but he's obviously not without flaws. I wouldn't even call Adams' five starts as "struggling," and Foote had the furthest thing from "an abysmal season." So I don't sound like I'm complaining about underrated players, I also disagree with the way he describes Ramon Foster as "a quality starter" and ranks David Johnson as our third best free agent.

Maybe I'm just nit-picking since I hold him to high standards, but I was a little disappointed by this write-up. I probably shouldn't expect to agree with everyone he says, though.

vCash
    The fatuation with David Johnson everyone has needs to stop. Hes a below average blocker, pass catcher, hes slow. He really doesnt do anything that well.

He needs to be let go. Will Johnson > David Johnson

vCash
    David Johnson is a tub of lard that has been useless as a Steeler.

Mendenhall and Johnson killed the SB vs the Packers. That play flat out killed us. Anyways. I don't think we should re sign em.

Moving on....
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Why can't we just go for a REAL FB?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    The fatuation with David Johnson everyone has needs to stop. Hes a below average blocker, pass catcher, hes slow. He really doesnt do anything that well.

He needs to be let go. Will Johnson > David Johnson
    I think he has a mixed skillset. He's not a good pass catcher compared to tight ends, ok pass catcher for a fullback. Not a great blocker as a fullback, ok blocker as a tight end. Considering that he was completely changing positions, from tight end to fullback, and his issue was the occasional lapse in missing a block, just like David DeCastro and Mike Adams did this year. From what I could tell judging by what the offensive linemen were doing, David Johnson was always in the correct position and his issues of missing blocks were the same issues as primary blockers in their first and second years in new positions (FB only in 2010 and 2011, TE before).

I agree, Will Johnson > David Johnson. But as a third TE behind Miller and Paulson, I wouldn't mind bringing D. Johnson back. Pope is not a good blocker at all and is not nearly as good a red zone target as he should be for being 6'8". Both his TDs were Roethlisberger shots to the gut off play action from the one yard line. As a blocker I'd prefer D. Johnson, and as a receiver he could make those two TD catches that Pope made.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Why can't we just go for a REAL FB?
    You mean like Will Johnson?

vCash
    I just remember in the preseason when he went down Pittsburgh sports writers acted like the season was already a wrap. I completely missed when he became not just an average player in the league but one of the studs on our team. I dont see it at all.

I prefer to have him walk and move forward with someone else personally.

vCash
    I like will better

vCash
    I just remember in the preseason when he went down Pittsburgh sports writers acted like the season was already a wrap. I completely missed when he became not just an average player in the league but one of the studs on our team. I dont see it at all.

I prefer to have him walk and move forward with someone else personally.
    Oh yeah him going down either made absolutely no difference, or was beneficial because it allowed Will to "win" the job.

From a personnel standpoint I'd prefer him since even though he wasn't playing, he was still learning Haley's system whereas someone new will have to learn from scratch. But this is a 3rd tight end/backup fullback we're talking about. Rather draft a guy late or sign an undrafted free agent since their salary will be worse than David's, who will get the veteran's minimum.

So I wouldn't say I don't want him back because "he's useless," which incredibly understates him. I just don't want him back because someone else would be a few hundred thousand dollars cheaper.

vCash
    I'd keep DJ over Pope, but that's not saying much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlitz View Post
    I'd keep DJ over Pope, but that's not saying much
    This, but due solely to price and absolutely nothing else I'd rather a rookie over either of them.

vCash
    So...rooting for the Ravens or Pats in the Super Bowl... this will suck. At least if they win, it's short term misery until next Super Bowl. If the Niners win, they're tied with us for who knows how long.

vCash
    I've brought him up before, but with Colbert saying he won't shy away from guys in the draft with character issues, I would like us to use a late draft pick and trade for McClain. McClain & Timmons could secure our ILB positions for years..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast