Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If Lebeau is to retire who would you most prefer to replace him?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keith Butler

18 72.00%
  • Rex Ryan

3 12.00%
  • Raheem Morris

2 8.00%
  • Other (name them)

2 8.00%
Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pittsburgh Steelers Official 2013 Offseason Thread

After this disgusting, bitter tasting end of our season lets talk about what needs done in the offseason so we never have to experience this again.

My suggestions are as follows:

Coaching Moves:
    1. If Todd Haley is hired as the HC for Arizona (rumor is he will be) The Steelers should bring back Whisenhunt.

2. If Lebeau is to retire I would say our 3 best D-Coordinator options are as follows: Keith Butler, Rex Ryan (believe he will be fired would be a real nice pickup), Raheem Morris

3. Assign someone to be an Asst Head Coach to keep Tomlin level headed and to handle all time management duties. Oversee the gameday sideline operation.

Roster Moves:
    Find a backup QB.

Will add more later.

vCash
    Keith is best suited to step in. He's been waiting on this gig for a long time.

I'd be in favor of bringing back Whiz.

And most of all, Tomlin needs to get at least a warning.

vCash
    Bring in a veteran and starting calibre WR. Also signing a proven O-Lineman would make me happy instead of wasting a pick on one.

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    If Haley does indeed leave, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirby Wilson promoted. He was Tomlin's first choice before he got into that accident. I always thought that Haley was more of a stopgap than a long-term answer at OC, given his name recognition. He's always going to be in discussion to be a HC somewhere, it's only a matter of time really so we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    If Haley does indeed leave, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirby Wilson promoted. He was Tomlin's first choice before he got into that accident. I always thought that Haley was more of a stopgap than a long-term answer at OC, given his name recognition. He's always going to be in discussion to be a HC somewhere, it's only a matter of time really so we'll see.
    What Tomlin thinks should not matter. Im a little tired of him. We need to do whats best for the team, not Tomlins interests.

vCash
    Long off season coming

vCash
    Mike Munchak is getting fired in TN. Wouldnt mind to see him coach our oline. Has a ton of experience and Kugler is leaving.

not like the Steelers to make splashy moves but i wouldnt mind someone who was arguably the top oline coach in the league prior to his promotion to head coach come in and help keep the unit flowing.

i do like bringing in head coaches who are fired as coordinators.

vCash
    If the Cardinals are clearing house, bring back Russ Grimm!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Keith is best suited to step in. He's been waiting on this gig for a long time.

I'd be in favor of bringing back Whiz.

And most of all, Tomlin needs to get at least a warning.

No! The Link beow is what needs to happen. If you are a good steelers fan,,,,you will sign it. If you don't, then you are obviosly not a Steelers fan....not a TRUE one anyways.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire-mike-tomlin/

vCash
    I would welcome Grimm back! bring wiz too. **** ask coach cowher to come back lol would never happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    No! The Link beow is what needs to happen. If you are a good steelers fan,,,,you will sign it. If you don't, then you are obviosly not a Steelers fan....not a TRUE one anyways.

relax man lol

vCash
    I wiped my *** with that petition.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post

Can someone seriously report this for being a dupe account? This is creo/the other troll.

vCash
    I'm going to go on a Tomlin rant.

You know why the Browns, Raiders, Lions before Schwartz, Bills were all the worst teams in the league? Among all their issues, the biggest one is the way they fly through coaches without giving them a real chance. We've been the best team of the modern era because we've only had 3 coaches in over 40 years. The first non-winning season after two Super Bowl appearances, three division titles and three 12 win seasons isn't even enough for a warning. Cowher had two losing seasons in a row, part of three straight without a playoff appearance.

The players respect Tomlin and love playing for him. The struggles aren't due to lack of effort, lack of wanting to play for the coach. Contrary to what some like to exaggerate about Mike Wallace. Defensively, this is the same scheme that has been tops in the league year in and year out. The players have been pretty adamant about the fact that, despite being a defensive-minded coach, Tomlin has not interfered with LeBeau's work at all. Offensively, this is nothing new dating back to the days of Cowher. The previous five years, I blame Arians for his incompetence. This year, I blame Haley for being too conservative.

The biggest complaints is lack of adjustments. I've explained how they learned their lesson with Willie Gay in 2009, and it's paid off with the best pass defense in the league, by a wide margin, each of the past two years. Mid-game, they're the most subtle of adjustments, but you look at the scoreboard and realize they changed something. I think it was against San Francisco last year. Looked like we didn't change anything on defense. The 9ers scored 17 points in the first half, only one field goal in the second. I know we can't see a difference in scheme or anything on TV, but obviously there are some differences being made. Can't speak for offense, but Tomlin's not an offense oriented coach. Neither was Cowher.

He drafted Timmons, Woodley, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey, Gay gave us a great year, Mendy gave us two good years, one of which led to a 1st round bye which helped get us to the Super Bowl, Cortez Allen has responded well to every challenge handed to him, and this 2012 class looks incredibly promising with DeCastro, Beachum, Rainey, and Spence when he comes back.

So what is there to complain about? That he's not winning a Super Bowl every year? Anyone care to tell me the last time that the great Bill Belichick won a Super Bowl? Is it that Tomlin doesn't draft All Pros to be backups since the starting All Pro players can't stay healthy? How many teams have All Pro backups? Or is it because we're overreacting after one disappointing season that saw our franchise QB miss 3 games and not really come back completely healthy, start a 5th corner that was without a job a week earlier, once again only one offensive lineman survived the entire season, Polamalu, Clark, Harrison and Woodley didn't play together until very late in the season, our backup right guard started the entire season, then had to move to left guard, our center moved to left guard and third string guard started at center (an adjustment, btw)...I'm almost impressed this team made it to .500 or a game within. And Tomlin helped get us to within two games of the playoffs. If we're going to complain about his failures, we have to compliment him for his successes.

Sorry about the rant. I hate people being one-sided and hypocritical. Assigning a ton of the blame to one person, ignoring that one person's successes, it's selectively picking and choosing rather than looking at the big picture.

Rant over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ring91013144043 View Post
    I'm going to go on a Tomlin rant.

You know why the Browns, Raiders, Lions before Schwartz, Bills were all the worst teams in the league? Among all their issues, the biggest one is the way they fly through coaches without giving them a real chance. We've been the best team of the modern era because we've only had 3 coaches in over 40 years. The first non-winning season after two Super Bowl appearances, three division titles and three 12 win seasons isn't even enough for a warning. Cowher had two losing seasons in a row, part of three straight without a playoff appearance.

The players respect Tomlin and love playing for him. The struggles aren't due to lack of effort, lack of wanting to play for the coach. Contrary to what some like to exaggerate about Mike Wallace. Defensively, this is the same scheme that has been tops in the league year in and year out. The players have been pretty adamant about the fact that, despite being a defensive-minded coach, Tomlin has not interfered with LeBeau's work at all. Offensively, this is nothing new dating back to the days of Cowher. The previous five years, I blame Arians for his incompetence. This year, I blame Haley for being too conservative.

The biggest complaints is lack of adjustments. I've explained how they learned their lesson with Willie Gay in 2009, and it's paid off with the best pass defense in the league, by a wide margin, each of the past two years. Mid-game, they're the most subtle of adjustments, but you look at the scoreboard and realize they changed something. I think it was against San Francisco last year. Looked like we didn't change anything on defense. The 9ers scored 17 points in the first half, only one field goal in the second. I know we can't see a difference in scheme or anything on TV, but obviously there are some differences being made. Can't speak for offense, but Tomlin's not an offense oriented coach. Neither was Cowher.

He drafted Timmons, Woodley, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey, Gay gave us a great year, Mendy gave us two good years, one of which led to a 1st round bye which helped get us to the Super Bowl, Cortez Allen has responded well to every challenge handed to him, and this 2012 class looks incredibly promising with DeCastro, Beachum, Rainey, and Spence when he comes back.

So what is there to complain about? That he's not winning a Super Bowl every year? Anyone care to tell me the last time that the great Bill Belichick won a Super Bowl? Is it that Tomlin doesn't draft All Pros to be backups since the starting All Pro players can't stay healthy? How many teams have All Pro backups? Or is it because we're overreacting after one disappointing season that saw our franchise QB miss 3 games and not really come back completely healthy, start a 5th corner that was without a job a week earlier, once again only one offensive lineman survived the entire season, Polamalu, Clark, Harrison and Woodley didn't play together until very late in the season, our backup right guard started the entire season, then had to move to left guard, our center moved to left guard and third string guard started at center (an adjustment, btw)...I'm almost impressed this team made it to .500 or a game within. And Tomlin helped get us to within two games of the playoffs. If we're going to complain about his failures, we have to compliment him for his successes.

Sorry about the rant. I hate people being one-sided and hypocritical. Assigning a ton of the blame to one person, ignoring that one person's successes, it's selectively picking and choosing rather than looking at the big picture.

Rant over.
    Finally, someone being realistic on the internet, no less on these forums haha.

Tomlin is actually a good coach. Sometimes he makes decisions by which we are all baffled, but the guy knows how to coach his players and win. He's more of a gut-feeling coach rather than a by-the-book coach, which I like. Give him a shot guys, I think he's proven himself to us fans before.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast