Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

*James Harrison Released*

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Steelers made tough decision to release LB James Harrison.
    Gonna miss him

vCash
    Nooooo

vCash
    All I'm gonna say is he better not go to the ****ing Ravens

vCash
    This hurts, but it had to happen really. Guy just isn't the same anymore. Best to save that money and let Worilds have a shot.

vCash
    He'll end up with a team like the Eagles (no real rish linebackers in a 3-4) or a team like the the Browns (gobs of cap room, always need help).

Oh well. Harrison was great at one point. No longer has the impact. If he's that stubborn over 3 million then do we really want him around?
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He'll end up with a team like the Eagles (no real rish linebackers in a 3-4) or a team like the the Browns (gobs of cap room, always need help).

Oh well. Harrison was great at one point. No longer has the impact. If he's that stubborn over 3 million then do we really want him around?
    This what I was thinking

vCash
    As far as I'm concerned the Steelers had less than $2 million in cap space. They'll need about $5 million for draft pick signings. Add another $10-12 million for free agent signings and that means they need to clear about $15-16 million. Cutting Harrison saves $5.15 which basically means it had to happen.

I also think they have to restructure Woodley because it saves another $5 million without having to cut a ton of players. Colon saves $5 million if he's designated for a post June 2nd cut. Cutting Keisel would sace $2.5 million, Cotchery $1 million, Taylor $2.5 million etc..

There will be more cuts coming and there was very little chance of Harrison returning. It's sad to say goodbye, but it's not unexpected

vCash
    This was the smartest move possible. I love Harrison, but it had to happen. We would have been stupid not to. The guy has almost been a ghost the past 2 seasons, mostly because of injuries. Last season really showed it. He is no longer what he was 5 years ago. I'll miss him, but again, this was a must make move. Now cut Colon, and let's do some damage in FA.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    ^

If we release Cotchery who may I need to remind people, is our most reliable underutilized wr. I will be pissed. What we need to do is release Gay again... what an idiotic signing. Keisel, Colon, Will Allen, Suisham.

then me personally? Id paycut to Ike, Woodley, and Troy.

The last thing we need is to restructure with Woodley and let him keep getting out of shape but making him too costly to cut ties with if we needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    This was the smartest move possible. I love Harrison, but it had to happen. We would have been stupid not to. The guy has almost been a ghost the past 2 seasons, mostly because of injuries. Last season really showed it. He is no longer what he was 5 years ago. I'll miss him, but again, this was a must make move. Now cut Colon, and let's do some damage in FA.
    Cutting Colon adds $5 million in cap space which isn't even enough to sign our restricted free agents and draft class. I know everyone wants to make splashes in free agency, but we will be lucky to have a chance to sign Lewis or Foster. The most we can hope for is a Cotchery/Pope type signing that happens about a month after the draft when a player is still looking for a job and willing to take a minimum contract

vCash
    There's 10 Steelers free agents I think they will definitely sign and each with get about an average of $1 million a year (some more some less) add another $4-5 million for the draft class and the Steelers need to clear about $10 million in cap room just to sign those guys not to mention looking at Foster or Lewis. They could also let some of their restricted free agents walk, which due to cap issues is possible

vCash
    We need to let our average players just walk. We dont need to bring everyone back. I would let everyone walk then sign a guy like a Dan Koppen. Starter randomly gets released accepts vet minimum and starts right away. Situations like that.

vCash

*James Harrison Released*

Come one over to Baltimore but I wouldn't be surprised if the steelers had an agreement with him not to sign with division rivals

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Pay cuts and letting players walk is all fine and dandy, but the players won't take cuts; why do you think Harrison just got cut? And the Steelers don't just let players walk they bring back their guys and they will do so again.

vCash
    Then release them? Our excess spending and unusual belief that if they wear a Steeler jersey on sundays that makes them one of the best at their positions in the league and we must retain them is ridiculous.

Would much rather sign a guy who is a cap casualty for the veterans min to come in and start while we draft a replacement then to see our backups get longterm deals to reward for average to below average play.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast