Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think we should give everyone violent video games so they can be prepared for people who played violent video games.

vCash
    I guess it takes having an IQ below 20 to become the head of the NRA these days.

vCash
    I still can't see how people blame video games and not the shooter themselves. This culture argument holds no water. You then has to factor in how video games affected people in Ancient Rome to kill, during the revolution to kill, or even 10 years ago to kill.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    seems legit
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    If anything, I find that violent video games make me less violent. They work more like a stress release than a catalyst for anything real.

vCash
    I just watched V for Vendetta...now I will be heading out to purchase a massive amount of fertilizer, a train, a time machine, guy fawkes mask, and several daggers along with the training to wield them in such a manner as he did in the movie, as well as the strength training to do the things he did.

You better watching out in 2030!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I still can't see how people blame video games and not the shooter themselves. This culture argument holds no water. You then has to factor in how video games affected people in Ancient Rome to kill, during the revolution to kill, or even 10 years ago to kill.
    Oh absolutely, I'm not saying people should not be taken to task for the actions they choose to commit. I'm just curious what sort of impact playing FPS games has on younger individuals...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americaspasttim View Post
    Oh absolutely, I'm not saying people should not be taken to task for the actions they choose to commit. I'm just curious what sort of impact playing FPS games has on younger individuals...
    I did some research on this for a school project a few years ago. It generally makes kids more aggressive as youth, but in terms of long term has no real impact. It initially messes with their creativity but they grow out of it (in the vast majority of case studies). Kids that play Grand Theft Auto when they're little aren't going to turn into psycho killers simply because they played Grand Theft Auto. There's a lot more to making a murder than allowing them to play a violent video game.

vCash
    I am an older guy. I dropped video games like most around 13-14 (form my time) and picked up sports. Then after more then a decade of not playing I was introduced to cod4 and I started playing way too much. Anyhow the game never made me violent but I did have the desire to go to a range and shoot a gun. I dont play video games anymore because there are so many better positive things I can do with my life. Obviously everyone is different but I think Video games desensitize kids

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    lol at first i read NBA .. and i was like . Stern must really hate video games
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Does Counter Strike count because I also played that as a child. But I've never shot anyone.

vCash
    somewhere in heaven, charlton heston is smiling.

vCash
    want an idea of who is to blame, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0UtMWzCoVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqOfqgd_Po

try to remove all emotions and use your mind and logic.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087:24855540
    Does Counter Strike count because I also played that as a child. But I've never shot anyone.
    For real man? C'mon...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast