Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    America had 11,000 gun related homocides in 2008. Japan had 11.

Does anyone know if they play video games in Japan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    America had 11,000 gun related homocides in 2008. Japan had 11.

Does anyone know if they play video games in Japan?
    This can't be true...an error free post by MF4E.

(even though it was c&p)

vCash
    Go home NRA, you're drunk.

When it doubt, blame it on Video Games. Hey media outlets, NRA, etc. It's getting old, no one believes your bull crap anymore besides backwards southern people.

vCash
    That makes sense. I can't think of any school shootings that occurred before violent/graphic video games started being made.

I love how the best way to solve a problem now is to deal with it in the most indirect way possible.

vCash
    Saw this earlier, thought to myself, hey, I could come up with a number of intelligent responses but the only response needed here is "You never go full ******". Blaming video games for gun violence, with very little research, if any, to deflect the question is outrageous and a slap in the face to anyone with an IQ over 90. I can't remember exactly, because it was so long ago but didn't these NRA nuts have a gun rally in Denver after the Columbine shooting then months later did the same thing when a 6 year old shot another 6 year old in Michigan?

vCash
    Everyone who says "blame the parents" in these kinds of situations is 99.9% correct. Kids arent born sociopaths. the .1% exception are the good parents whose kid gets involved with the wrong friends. which is also avoidable by good parenting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    You know who I blame for the shootings? Not NRA or video games. I blame parents for not teaching their kids better. Some of the stories I have heard about this kid's mother are rather chilling.
    this is the gospel truth...for almost ALL of this societies problems

I also am not a fan of the NRA, but in most cases the above is the crux

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    That makes sense. I can't think of any school shootings that occurred before violent/graphic video games started being made.
    ...well, when you think about it...violent graphic video games came around in the late 80's. I can't think of hearing about violent school shootings, or other public shootings of this caliber before then. Riots don't count because they are a reaction to another event. Yes there were shootings near schools that were because of stupid things in the areas surrounding the schools, but never in the buildings.

I don't think that he video games are a direct driving force of this kind of activity - it is ignorance from and of the parents - but our cultures fascination of death and violence towards those who are not related to us is definitely desensitizing people to the fact that you don't get to restart life

vCash
    Wayne LaPierre is right. After many years playing the Super Mario series, I started eating mushrooms to get bigger and to gain extra lives. I also stomp on turtle and use their shells as weapons. I also, have a tendency to throw banana peels to vehicles on the streets to make them lose control.

Silver & Mack

vCash
    What games are you talking about?

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    If anything there should be even more shootings if they are going to blame video games and movies. I would say every kid has played some form or these games and has watched violent movies and at a very early age for the most part.

It's the parents fault for not realizing their kids have a problem and can't separate the two or just ignoring the kind of trouble their kids are getting into. Blaming games or movies is stupid and it is just passing the buck and ignoring the real problem.

vCash
    i think what the NRA was trying to do when they made this statement is to distract attention from themselves. i think they're hoping to redirect the anger from gun control to the video game industry. the fact they tried this is an insult to our intelligence, and i'm not even for gun control.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 12-24-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Yea, it's a bunch of

In their defense, any times someone gets shot the people on the other side of the fence blame the NRA.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    The reason there are so many shootings is because anyone can own a gun especially the ppl with mental illness...things need to change in the states..it isnt 1842 anymore

vCash
    I don't think it's a stretch at all to think that exposure to fps games before a certain age would have a big impact on someone and desensitize them to the violence. I'd like to hear flips' opinion on this...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast