Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NRA blames shooting on video games

http://news.yahoo.com/video-games-sh...141638797.html

After a week of silence following the Sandy Hook school shooting that killed 20 first graders and six staff in Newtown, Conn., the National Rifle Association blamed the entertainment industry – specifically the producers of violent video games for inciting what has become a pattern of gun violence in the United States.

In describing the industry, NRA Vice President Wayne LaPierre said, “There exists in this country a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells, and sows, violence against its own people.”

Mr. LaPierre faulted the news media for failing to report on “vicious, violent video games” such as “Grand Theft Auto,” “Mortal Kombat,” and “Splatterhouse” as egregious examples. He also singled out “Kindergarten Killer,” a free, fairly obscure online game.

“How come my research department could find it and all of yours either couldn’t or didn’t want anyone to know you had found it?” he asked reporters
    My thing is...violent video games and movies exists all over the developed world. why doesn't any other developed countries have the same problems with mass shootings as we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    shocking...When all else fails blame the video games.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    The NRA sucks. What they've been saying these past few days is depressing and haunting.

vCash
    "The NRA blames shootings on everything but the NRA"

vCash
    This is just LaPierre. I would bet that most members disagree with him.

vCash
    Lol he brings up a flash game that no one has heard of before. What a joke.

vCash
    You know who I blame for the shootings? Not NRA or video games. I blame parents for not teaching their kids better. Some of the stories I have heard about this kid's mother are rather chilling.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    I'm a huge gun supporter, but the NRA has some awful public speakers.

I watched an interview of their president this morning, and he couldn't have been any more awful during the debate with the interviewer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBDOM4life View Post
    I'm a huge gun supporter, but the NRA has some awful public speakers.

I watched an interview of their president this morning, and he couldn't have been any more awful during the debate with the interviewer.
    I agree. I like the NRA and I like guns, but they need better speakers.

vCash
    I'm going to get ripped on for this, it's just that I blame the mother for the shooting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an insensitive *****, I read that she was one of those doomsday preppers who kept guns and one of my co-workers told me that she was out of town for a couple of days and left the shooter alone so he could be unknowingly plan it.

vCash
    If that's the case, why aren't these shooting happening in other countries. Im pretty sure homies in India get it in, in cod , grand theft auto.
    Last edited by metsfan4ever; 12-23-2012 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    They play the same video games in Europe and you don't see anywhere near the school shootings in those countries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    They play the same video games in Europe and you don't see the school shootings in those countries.
    this.and japan(game mad)has virtually no gun deaths.

its just a distraction,trying to offer up a scapegoat because they are under attack.classic ploy,they try shifting the blame to games after every mass shooting

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    I'm going to get ripped on for this, it's just that I blame the mother for the shooting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an insensitive *****, I read that she was one of those doomsday preppers who kept guns and one of my co-workers told me that she was out of town for a couple of days and left the shooter alone so he could be unknowingly plan it.
    You shouldn't get ripped because you are right. She shouldn't have had those kinds of guns in the house, especially with a child that had a mental condition like he did. She would even take him shooting.

I think alot of these situations you can blame the parents because they aren't even paying attention to their kids or the things they have been doing.

vCash
    He should have came out and said "the shooter is to blame as well as his mother". He then should have offered his deepest condolences to the victims and offered to work with the state of Connecticut and the federal government to craft reasonable controls to high capacity rounds while sticking to his personal belief that every reasonable person has the right to own a firearm.

I did agree with his point about the only thing that stops a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun. But I don't think he needed to make that speech a political one and try to shove blame on everyone else.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast