Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Angry Ben? You? Really?

Of all people to **** up when the team needed to gut out a win...

Enjoy the next eight months. Stock up on Pepto-Bismol too; you'll need it.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Ben didn't blow the game the big pass the D have up let them get a FG

Also the decisions leading up to it cost us more then the last pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Ben didn't blow the game the big pass the D have up let them get a FG

Also the decisions leading up to it cost us more then the last pick
    He threw a TD pass the wrong way earlier in the game, and then he threw another INT in his own territory. Unacceptable.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

vCash
    Games like today is why Ben will never be regarded among the best in the league.

vCash
    Yeah he cost us this game. Responsible for 10 of their 13 points. Even though he was good statistically this year, he was very bad in the clutch. Off the top of my head, that pick vs. Denver, not converting late drives vs. Ten and Oak, last week vs. Dal and again this week.

In most cases he didn't even have to be spectacular to win those games. I remember vs. Tennessee simply getting about 3-4 extra yards would have put us in FG range but it seemed like he'd try and do too much.

Hopefully Ben works this offseason and tries to make amends next year.

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    ^
    I don't blame him for TEN and OAK. He did all he could throughout those games, but the defense kept allowing their offenses to keep up. Since then it became the opposite with the defense not allowing any points but the offense not being able to score any.

vCash
    I gotta think that Ben's shoulder is still bothering him somehow, whether physically or mentally (both?), because I've never seen him implode like this without trying to play through something severe.

vCash
    Ben had one of his best years lol

vCash
    Hopefully his injury doesnt have a Maddox effect on him... Maddox went from being great to getting hurt @ Tenn, and being the worst qb in the NFL

vCash
    I don't think he's about to turn into a vegetable like some people do, but I do think his injury was one of those that takes some time to fully recover from. He'll be ready to go next season, and hopefully he'll play with a chip on his shoulder.

vCash
    Ben has won more games for us then he has lost. he will be ok and I believe we will be ok if we can somewhat stay healthy next year

vCash
    I believe the last two times we missed the playoffs the following year we went to the Superbowl. I could be wrong but it's some kind of hope lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioSteelersFan View Post
    I believe the last two times we missed the playoffs the following year we went to the Superbowl. I could be wrong but it's some kind of hope lol
    Ehh close. We won the division following playoff misses in 2006 and 2009. And this team is definitely talented enough to come back healthy next year and win the division, maybe even go further. Didn't happen this year with talent not translating to performance and injuries, but that's why we can go from Super Bowl to missing the playoffs then back to the Super Bowl like 2008-2010. Erratic but talented.

vCash
    Ben is at his best when behind a decent line (injuries...), and when he has a good back/ running game (Tomlin and his subborness). He always reminded me of a John Elway type of QB. Making people miss, extending the play, and late game heroics. When Elway got Terrell Davis, he and the Broncos really started to dominate.

Since it seems obvious that we don't have the back that can compliment Ben, is there one in free agency, trade, or draft?

Stephen Jackson---Too Old?

MJD---Too Expensive

Draft---???

Mendenhall---As a Transition???

Dwyer---Not as Dominant as he thinks he is???

Redman---Not a Starter???
    Let's go Steelers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofSteel(ers) View Post
    Ben is at his best when behind a decent line (injuries...), and when he has a good back/ running game (Tomlin and his subborness). He always reminded me of a John Elway type of QB. Making people miss, extending the play, and late game heroics. When Elway got Terrell Davis, he and the Broncos really started to dominate.

Since it seems obvious that we don't have the back that can compliment Ben, is there one in free agency, trade, or draft?

Stephen Jackson---Too Old?

MJD---Too Expensive

Draft---???

Mendenhall---Gone after this year but talented and a good blend of speed and power, but utilized speed more

Dwyer---Also good blend of speed and power, but utilizes power more often. Can be a starter

Redman---Good blend of power and shiftiness, can share carries with Dwyer
    Fixed

You could say the run game struggled because of the running backs. You could also say it was because the slightly above average left tackle who was brought back at the very last second before training camp while recovering from a torn ACL was the only offensive lineman who remained healthy the entire season.

We don't need superstars on this offense. Ben is the only superstar, Heath should be, but everyone else just needs to be dependable. That's what Dwyer and Redman can be together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast