Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timberwolves

6 50.00%
  • New York Carmelos

6 50.00%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah guys come on be serious. Smith gently rolled the ball into the stands, Melo was not swearing but singing carols and he did not hit with the elbow AK, he just shoved (always gently and with grace) AK out of the way because a breeze was coming his way and he did not want AK to get cold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Yeah guys come on be serious. Smith gently rolled the ball into the stands, Melo was not swearing but singing carols and he did not hit with the elbow AK, he just shoved (always gently and with grace) AK out of the way because a breeze was coming his way and he did not want AK to get cold.
    Haha, well the Mellow part is funny, but the Smith part is actually dead on. Smith really only gently rolled the ball toward the stands. Nothing more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Haha, well the Mellow part is funny, but the Smith part is actually dead on. Smith really only gently rolled the ball toward the stands. Nothing more.
    If you say so. I didn't see it that way but maybe I don't remember it right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    If you say so. I didn't see it that way but maybe I don't remember it right.
    He put the ball on the floor and rolled it. It's really not a matter of opinion, that's just what he did if you look at the replay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3XDouble View Post
    I recorded the game and watched it when I got home last night. I know from previous experience most guys here are pretty fair minded so I came here to see if I had become extremely biased or did we take it in the shorts. Starting with Mello whacking AK47 with an elbow and AK getting the foul I wondered what the heck was going on but the final few minutes were a joke. I am glad to see the reaction here was as strong as mine because I feared I had lost my objectivity.
    Pretty much. I challenge anyone to find more than 5 posts in my history where I blast the ref's, but they **** the bed down the stretch last night, no doubt.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    what we really need is a star that doesn't get hurt every other game. I am getting bored of Love's various injuries. Where a ****ing mask and body armor if you style of play is too much for you.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Hard to blame a guy for an eye injury though.

vCash
    "Adelman's postgame address lasted less than 30 seconds. "I don't want to get fined," he said"

-Zgoda

vCash
    I watched the replay of the 4th quarter this morning to take a look at some of the big issues with the reffing that everyone is complaining about. I actually got a chance to view the game with the Timberwolves announcers and I must say that they were over dramatizing certain plays, which is what I would expect for a specific teams announcers.

This specific play the announcers went ape **** on. They were screaming about how Felton literally swung Barrea around when he was taking the shot and there was no call. They seriously made a huge stink about it and your coach was going into cardiac arrest. In all seriousness I watched it over and over again, trying to be unbiased, and when you initially see it it does seem like Felton might have swung Barrea around. Then I watched it over a few more times and Felton didn't even touch him. He took one swipe at the ball and ended up missing him completely and his arm went around Pekovics body.

Below is the infamous J.R. Smith Chucking the ball into the stands incident which he did get a tech for. Some of you make it sound like he hurled it 100 feet into the stands. LOL

I saw some posts about Melo elbowing someone but no foul being called. I didn't find it but I did see a play where Melo made a drive towards the hoops and Kirilenko got hit in the jaw by Melo's elbow and a foul was called.

Most of the other plays were basically 50/50 types of calls where it could have gone either way. Some might have been missed or some were questionable. The two I made gifs of were the the ones that stood out in the broadcast the most. If you guys want me to look for any specific play just let me know and I'll try and make a gif of it for you. Just let me know and I'll post it for you some time today. I only have the 4th quarter downloaded, but that seems to be the crazy quarter.
    Last edited by Enzo; 12-24-2012 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    New York fans. You gotta love them. Do you guys still feel entitled to Ricky Rubio? Like we stole him from you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    New York fans. You gotta love them. Do you guys still feel entitled to Ricky Rubio? Like we stole him from you?
    I could care less about Rubio. I don't feel entitled to anything. There was a lot of complaining about the refs from both teams last night. Much more than usual, so I wanted to see for myself. In all seriousness, if any of you guys want me to find a specific play from last nights 4th quarter, I'll be more than happy to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    I watched the replay of the 4th quarter this morning to take a look at some of the big issues with the reffing that everyone is complaining about. I actually got a chance to view the game with the Timberwolves announcers and I must say that they were over dramatizing certain plays, which is what I would expect for a specific teams announcers.

Below is the infamous J.R. Smith Chucking the ball into the stands incident which he did get a tech for. Some of you make it sound like he hurled it 100 feet into the stands. LOL

I saw some posts about Melo elbowing someone but no foul being called. I didn't find it but I did see a play where Melo made a drive towards the hoops and Kirilenko got hit in the jaw by Melo's elbow and a foul was called.

Most of the other plays were basically 50/50 types of calls where it could have gone either way. Some might have been missed or some were questionable. The two I made gifs of were the the ones that stood out in the broadcast the most. If you guys want me to look for any specific play just let me know and I'll try and make a gif of it for you. Just let me know and I'll post it for you some time today. I only have the 4th quarter downloaded, but that seems to be the crazy quarter.
    The J.R. Smith call they didn't get on camera in the broadcast I watched so I could only go by what the announcers said. Admittedly, that made me think it was worse than it was, but deserving of the technical he got as the ball was rolled into the crowd and away from both the ref and other players (a delay of game at the very very least). He has a reputation that hurts him and it's an earned reputation.

Edit: On second look, that's a technical minimal with Barea right next to him waiting for the ball. Complete douche move by the NBA's "real tuff guy."

Look for AK's... 2nd foul I think. Maybe it was his third. Melo gets him with an elbow and then AK kind of ends up locking him up after the hit and gets called for that rather than the initial contact.

There was the clean block by Rubio that got called a foul and maybe the one from behind on Melo by AK (I'd have to re-watch it).

There was the Derrick Williams double dribble they ended up reversing because one of the New York players had hit the ball (but another initial bad call by that particular referee).

Finally, there were several possessions at the end where Pek got the ball down low and was swarmed, but didn't get a single call despite several plays there and the appearance of quite a bit of contact <- Those are the most frustrating to me because they were good looks that could have kept the game even or close to it.

*"tuff" is JR Smith's spelling not mine
    Last edited by topdog; 12-24-2012 at 03:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    I could care less about Rubio. I don't feel entitled to anything. There was a lot of complaining about the refs from both teams last night. Much more than usual, so I wanted to see for myself. In all seriousness, if any of you guys want me to find a specific play from last nights 4th quarter, I'll be more than happy to do so.
    The entire last 2 minutes please.

vCash
    Honestly though, why do we care anymore? The game is over and done with. Seems like some Knicks fans just want to justify the win to themselves which, if I were a Knicks fan, I would not be too terribly pleased about with how poorly the team shot (a recent trend).

vCash
    you gotta love Adelman's 30 second press conference, where his main comment was " I don't want to get fined."

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast