Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timberwolves

    6 50.00%
  • New York Carmelos

    6 50.00%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 175
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,927
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Good game guys. Sorry that you feel the refs screwed you. Believe it or not, over at the Knick forum we're constantly *****in about the refs screwing us as well. That's why we keep getting so many technicals. It's been outrageous!! The last game we played we had Carmelo, Chandler and our coach thrown out of the game for complaining to the refs. They've have been garbage all year so I feel your pain. Til next time!!!
    The difference though, may be that you guys in your forum always feel the refs screw you over, when there are only a handful of games in a full season where we feel like the refs ****ed us. This is one of them.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    The difference though, may be that you guys in your forum always feel the refs screw you over, when there are only a handful of games in a full season where we feel like the refs ****ed us. This is one of them.
    yep

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,927
    vCash
    2500
    I actually wasnt able to watch a minute of the game because we had Christmas at the wifes family's place, and it wasnt on FSN here, so I wasnt able to record it. This is the first game I have not been able to see all season, but I know how my forum reacts to games, and I can always get a good picture of what a game was like by seeing what the forum collectively thinks of a game...and even individually...Silverson for crying out loud is complaining about the refs...I have never seen him complain about that....TopDog is complaining...I have never seen him place so much blame on the refs. Collectively, and from individuals, I already know this game was terribly refereed. I have never seen an outcry like this about the refs. I will never be able to watch this game, but I still know for a fact that the refs screwed us, because I know this forum.

    Did JR Smith really throw the ball in to the stands and not get ejected?

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NY/FL
    Posts
    1,703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Also, a general note to posters: this is not twitter. Keep your hashtags and poor grammar to that wasteland of modern civilization.
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    To the New York fans who for whatever inexplicable reason decided to post in here (after the game):

    Most posters in here do not complain about fouls on a regular basis. We understand that there are stretches were (where) calls go one way or another and truly good teams won't use it as an excuse.

    So, why are we complaining today? First, because the game was called terribly mostly against the Wolves. Second, because Melo was shouting in the ref's face and J.R. Smith threw the ball in the stands (supposed to be automatic ejection) and acts like a punk afterwards smacking the ball away from Rubio on a deadball (dead ball) and there are very minimal repercussions for them. Not to mention that once Woodsen (Woodson)got t-ed up, every bit of New York contact (and there was a lot) went without a whistle.

    Finally, I said that good teams find a way to win in the face of bad calls. Well, Minnesota is without its mos (most) talented player, its second best player isn't 100% and 4 other players (including another starter) are also out. A team that is decimated by injuries can't whether (weather) an onslaught of calls the same way a healthy version of it can. Wolves deserved to win today.
    I figured since you are such a stickler for grammar, I would point out some of your errors. I could have pointed out more errors than I did, but decided to avoid commas being misplaced or not used at all in certain circumstances. The words highlighted in red are your errors and the words highlighted in green are the corrections.

    Secondly, I agree that good teams find a way to win when calls aren't going their way. I disagree with your statement that a team decimated by injuries, and missing their star player, cannot weather the onslaught of bad calls and still come away with a win. I have personally witnessed this numerous times this year with Carmelo Anthony out of the game with injuries. In these games, the Knicks were missing players such as Amare Stoudemire, Iman Shumpert, Rasheed Wallace, and Marcus Camby.

    Simply put, every team must deal with bad officiating. The great teams will still find a way to win, regardless of injuries, for the simple fact that they are superior. Good luck with the remainder of the season. I truly believe that you have an extremely talented team with a very bright future.


  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Melo was hugging Pek under the basket and from the replays it was clear that Shved grabbed the ball. I am sorry if you are not used to having ALL the calls in your favor but that's the truth.
    So what were you saying in the forum when Melo hit with the elbow AK and instead of getting the foul they called a defensive? What about when Barrea shot and he was clearly fouled. I could go on and on and on and on...
    You guys come in here and say about the Ts. Well I am sorry that Smith is a punk and threw the ball away. And you should have gotten another one on Melo but the refs didn't give it just because it's Melo.
    In the end of the day my team lost a chance to get a win against yours and the referees without our best player. We have a great future as a team, you probably have an early exit at the play-offs.
    Lol seriously bro? It's a game... stop taking it so personal.

    If you think NY is an early exit then fine, that's not exactly going to hurt my feelings.

    Some of you guys are acting like 11 year olds.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    682
    vCash
    1500
    I recorded the game and watched it when I got home last night. I know from previous experience most guys here are pretty fair minded so I came here to see if I had become extremely biased or did we take it in the shorts. Starting with Mello whacking AK47 with an elbow and AK getting the foul I wondered what the heck was going on but the final few minutes were a joke. I am glad to see the reaction here was as strong as mine because I feared I had lost my objectivity.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,894
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I actually wasnt able to watch a minute of the game because we had Christmas at the wifes family's place, and it wasnt on FSN here, so I wasnt able to record it. This is the first game I have not been able to see all season, but I know how my forum reacts to games, and I can always get a good picture of what a game was like by seeing what the forum collectively thinks of a game...and even individually...Silverson for crying out loud is complaining about the refs...I have never seen him complain about that....TopDog is complaining...I have never seen him place so much blame on the refs. Collectively, and from individuals, I already know this game was terribly refereed. I have never seen an outcry like this about the refs. I will never be able to watch this game, but I still know for a fact that the refs screwed us, because I know this forum.

    Did JR Smith really throw the ball in to the stands and not get ejected?
    Deep.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I actually wasnt able to watch a minute of the game because we had Christmas at the wifes family's place, and it wasnt on FSN here, so I wasnt able to record it. This is the first game I have not been able to see all season, but I know how my forum reacts to games, and I can always get a good picture of what a game was like by seeing what the forum collectively thinks of a game...and even individually...Silverson for crying out loud is complaining about the refs...I have never seen him complain about that....TopDog is complaining...I have never seen him place so much blame on the refs. Collectively, and from individuals, I already know this game was terribly refereed. I have never seen an outcry like this about the refs. I will never be able to watch this game, but I still know for a fact that the refs screwed us, because I know this forum.

    Did JR Smith really throw the ball in to the stands and not get ejected?
    No, goes to show you just how much things get exaggerated. He rolled the ball rather softly on the floor, and it just happened to roll into the stands, so the Ref gave him a tech.

    It wasn't a demonstrative showing or anything close to it by JR, he simply rolled the ball, I don't think it was even tech worthy, let alone ejection worthy, but I think by rule the ref HAD to give him a tech because the ball technically went into the stands. At least that's how the announcers explained it.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    I figured since you are such a stickler for grammar, I would point out some of your errors. I could have pointed out more errors than I did, but decided to avoid commas being misplaced or not used at all in certain circumstances. The words highlighted in red are your errors and the words highlighted in green are the corrections.
    Was it worth it? Do you feel like you wasted 5 minutes of your life?

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,279
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    I figured that since you are such a stickler for grammar, I would point out some of your errors. I could have pointed out more errors than I did, but decided to avoid commas being misplaced or not used at all in certain circumstances. The words highlighted in red are your errors and the words highlighted in green are the corrections.

    Secondly, I agree that good teams find a way to win when calls aren't going their way. I disagree with your statement that a team decimated by injuries[,] and missing their star player[,] cannot weather the onslaught of bad calls and still come away with a win. I have personally witnessed this numerous times this year with Carmelo Anthony out of the game with injuries. In these games, the Knicks were missing players such as Amare Amaré or Amar'e Stoudemire, Iman Shumpert, Rasheed Wallace, and Marcus Camby.

    Simply put, every team must deal with bad officiating. The great teams will still find a way to win, regardless of injuries, for the simple fact that they are superior. Good luck with the remainder of the season. I truly believe that you have an extremely talented team with a very bright future.
    Such a lame and silly post. You know what I meant by grammar (and that was a tangent about Twitter not anyone's post here). Typos happen when you type quickly. You got me though so: good job!

    You also mis-represent my opinion on a depleted team winning in the face of refereeing adversity. I did not say that such a team could not, but rather that it was not as capable as its healthy counterpart.

    Every team has injuries. I don't get the point of you mentioning Melo being out and the Knicks winning unless you think those games were poorly officiated against the Knicks. The Wolves started out 5-2 without Rubio or Love (the team's best 2 players). Those games weren't terribly officiated though. I also don't think you can count Amaré as a loss to injury since your team is rumored to have tried to give him away. That is addition by subtraction.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    As far as I see it we should have won that game, but poor shooting at the end was our downfall. We had control the entire game and just couldn't close things out. This has been a problem all season for us. I give the Knicks credit, they are a solid team and they played tough. I don't know how far they are going to get relying so heavily on the 3-ball, but that is another discussion. Perhaps getting back Amare will help to balance them out.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Such a lame and silly post. You know what I meant by grammar (and that was a tangent about Twitter not anyone's post here). Typos happen when you type quickly. You got me though so: good job!

    You also mis-represent my opinion on a depleted team winning in the face of refereeing adversity. I did not say that such a team could not, but rather that it was not as capable as its healthy counterpart.

    Every team has injuries. I don't get the point of you mentioning Melo being out and the Knicks winning unless you think those games were poorly officiated against the Knicks. The Wolves started out 5-2 without Rubio or Love (the team's best 2 players). Those games weren't terribly officiated though. I also don't think you can count Amaré as a loss to injury since your team is rumored to have tried to give him away. That is addition by subtraction.
    Hahaha you sir are a lame.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Hahaha you sir are a lame.
    What is a lame?

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,279
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    What is a lame?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU

    Oh, wait. You said lame...

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •