Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Scott Brooks

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Scott Brooks

Hey guys... not really a fan of the Thunder, more a fan of the game. I was wondering what you gys thought of Brooks. Obviously he has been doing a great job for the team, they have gotten deeper in the playoffs each year under his guidance, but I have heard some complaints from time to time. If this roster doesn't win it all this year, do you think management might look to get another coach? Or do you think his job is safe for a couple of seasons? I think there are some high expectations for this roster, espcially considering how well they did last season.

Thoughts? Is this going to be a do-or-die year for Brooks? Or will management be patient with him should the Thunder not manage to pull out a championship this season?

It may seem silly, but teams have fired very successful coaches in the past. The Bulls fired doug Collins despite the fact that the Bulls had gotten deeper in the playoffs each season under his guidance, and the Pistons fired Rick Carlisle after he got them to the conference finals for the first time since 1991.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    He haves his moments. But he just never learns from his mistakes. Like when we played Miami not to long ago, Why is Jackson out there when you know you have two Great Rookies in Lamb, Jones. Hell even Thabeet.. But instead he ran with Jackson and Perkins

Another game was recent when we played Brooklyn. He played Westbrook & Durant 41 minutes?!? Seriously. We have a great bench but he only wants to use 7-8 players..This isn't the ****ing Playoffs. Use your damm bench. And when Lamb or Jones do get on the court its only for a minute.. ? HOW CAN THEY DEVELOP WHEN THEIR ALWAYS ON THE BENCH!! Give them some reps with Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka. We play better small ball anyways. If I was the coach I would run a lineup of..

Westbrook - Martin - Durant - Jones - Ibaka

and switch off Martin with Lamb if he struggles. But no Brooks wanna roll with Jackson and Perkins even tho he knows that's our weakness ( SMH )

But that's my opinion tho

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Amaziing View Post
    He haves his moments. But he just never learns from his mistakes. Like when we played Miami not to long ago, Why is Jackson out there when you know you have two Great Rookies in Lamb, Jones. Hell even Thabeet.. But instead he ran with Jackson and Perkins

Another game was recent when we played Brooklyn. He played Westbrook & Durant 41 minutes?!? Seriously. We have a great bench but he only wants to use 7-8 players..This isn't the ****ing Playoffs. Use your damm bench. And when Lamb or Jones do get on the court its only for a minute.. ? HOW CAN THEY DEVELOP WHEN THEIR ALWAYS ON THE BENCH!! Give them some reps with Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka. We play better small ball anyways. If I was the coach I would run a lineup of..

Westbrook - Martin - Durant - Jones - Ibaka

and switch off Martin with Lamb if he struggles. But no Brooks wanna roll with Jackson and Perkins even tho he knows that's our weakness ( SMH )

But that's my opinion tho
    Mr_Amazing said my thought's exactly... We only have 2 rotations this year and it sucks. We need to get the young guys more minutes. Especially in blow outs.

vCash
    Brooks is an average coach. He is extremely predictable and doesn't really have a offense. He has his good moments like the WCF last season but then the other 90% of the time he makes boneheaded mistake (like playing Kendrick Perkins 25 minutes per game in the finals)

vCash
    Yea! The Heat aren't a heavy team. When we play teams like that with no big lard *** center we needs to go with Perry Jones at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5. Get the kid ready for this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Yea! The Heat aren't a heavy team. When we play teams like that with no big lard *** center we needs to go with Perry Jones at the 4 and Ibaka at the 5. Get the kid ready for this.
    I kinda want to see what Thabeet could do as the starter. Lets let Perkins rest a few games.

vCash
    Down 8 in the 4th quarter on the road to the worst team in the league, so who do we bring in to spark a comeback????????? KENDRICK PERKINS!!!!!!Brooks is an idiot!!!!!!! Watch if we lose, after the game Perkins is going to be quoted saying that we need to take a look at ourselves in the mirror and refocus. (Or some ******** like that)
    Last edited by LJEATON26; 01-07-2013 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    I think the players love him, but he has some shortcomings. He has yet to master using his timeouts to the best effect. He either can't or won't recognize that Perkins is currently a liability and I think Westbrook would have been farther along today had he sat him more once he picked up Maynard. I don't think he is any real pressure situation because he quotes the Presti company line word for word, so I would say he has a couple of years to improve, only time will tell if he will or not.

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    I think the players love him, but he has some shortcomings. He has yet to master using his timeouts to the best effect. He either can't or won't recognize that Perkins is currently a liability and I think Westbrook would have been farther along today had he sat him more once he picked up Maynard. I don't think he is any real pressure situation because he quotes the Presti company line word for word, so I would say he has a couple of years to improve, only time will tell if he will or not.
    The players do love him, that and controlling the teams 25 and under egos are the only good things about him. He is a horrible X's and O's guy and he isn't very good with his rotations or clock management.

vCash
    Brook's Mom dies and he coaches, I feel sorry for the Denver Nugggets, the guys are going to give Scotty every thing they have.... Rest in Peace Miz Brooks

If You See Westbrook Wrestling a Grizzlie.... pity the bear....

vCash

- Durant (35)
    - Ibaka (9) Go Okc!!!
    - Westbrook (0)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerule View Post
    Brook's Mom dies and he coaches, I feel sorry for the Denver Nugggets, the guys are going to give Scotty every thing they have.... Rest in Peace Miz Brooks
    Doubt any of them look on here but my condolences go out to the entire Brooks family.