Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I still think they should try and somehow trade for either Lowry or Calderon. They did not have the flexibility to sign any of those guys outright without a trade...
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1derm00 View Post
    Wow, we got NASH and you're still complaining?

Nash's first game back from an injury and he puts up 12/3/9 with 2 steals on 5/8 shooting, 2/2 from 3.

I have zero doubt that Nash will be amazing with this line up in D'antoni's system.

Had Kobe had calls go his way, or if he was his usual shooting self, the Lakers would have blown the Warriors out last game. It's also not like Steph Curry torched us because of Nash's defense.
    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Nash was a top 5 pg last year and will probably lead the league in assist with this current team and is probably the best shooting pg. Once we slowed the game down, our defense was pretty good. That's how nash helps the defense, by controlling tempo. Tempo is the number one thing to good defense. If players are able to get back from offense and set up defensively, they can play good defense. Also, nash played pretty good defense last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Your question answers itself. The Laker FO is obviously stupid beyond belief, and failed to recognize that it was easy to pick out the really good players from the busts and then sign them to a long-term contract. Idiots!

What did we get instead? Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Jodie Meeks.

Idiots!
    lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. Nash was a top 5 pg last year and will probably lead the league in assist with this current team and is probably the best shooting pg. Once we slowed the game down, our defense was pretty good. That's how nash helps the defense, by controlling tempo. Tempo is the number one thing to good defense. If players are able to get back from offense and set up defensively, they can play good defense. Also, nash played pretty good defense last night.
    yeah hes really and upgrade on defense compared to the pgs we have on the roster

vCash
    I don't think I've ever seen a thread that was so one-sided in opposition to the original post...
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I always come back to wondering why the Lakers didn't grab Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry or Jeremy Lin for this season. They could have realistically had any of the three, who would have been overjoyed at the thought of playing in Los Angeles.
    Why didn't Los Angeles go after one of these talented, younger point guards? Why hinge you dreams on Steve Nash making your team Mike D'Antoni's wet dream?
    All three would have been at least 12 years younger than Nash, more than good enough to run the point, better scorers, better on defense and at the perfect point in their careers to fit in with the transition to Dwight Howard.
    The only advantage Nash has is he's a better and more prolific passer, and that's offset somewhat by how all these younger point guards - of which there are more in the league running teams right now than there have been in a while - can smoke him defensively. The younger guards would probably increase their assists, but they'll always be better than Nash at scoring and playing defense.
    Despite their youth, Dragic, Lowry and Lin, I think, would have been good enough to help the Lakers win a championship this and next season, too, not wasting the time that Kobe Bryant has left.
    In case you forgot about history, Lakers pursued Lin in 2010 and even made him an offer, but he decided to go to Golden State Warriors instead.

You only burn the Lakers once. Ask John Amaechi.
    Last edited by ShadowX; 12-24-2012 at 12:30 AM.

vCash
    Stop worrying about the future all the time Nash was our best choice for this year!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    How are Toronto, Houston, and Phoenix doing? Worst teams in the league? Phoenix has a terrible record but a better team then last year except for Nash/Dragic?

Maybe wait to see how the team does with Nash first and then post? \
    Those other teams suck all around - it's not Lowry's or Lin's or Dragic's fault. And guess what: The Lakers are sucking with Nash, who's injury and age are part of "how the team does with Nash." He's been injured and the Lakers have sucked; therefore, the Lakers have sucked so far with Nash. It's the same as how the Hornets have sucked with Eric Gordon and the Knicks have done well in spite of Amare Stoudemire.
    I don't see why ignoramus' like you keep trying to pull out health as a part of how good a player is, because health and age are potentially more important than any other part of a player's worth.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 12-25-2012 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    Money, availability, the other team didn't want what we have, kobe wouldn't respect a younger pg.

and who says Mitch didnt' go after 'em, we didnt' see Nash coming.

GM's make calls all the time and you ask "is this guy available" they say "what u got" and you say "this this this" they say "we dont like any of that, bye" and your'e done

oh and btw, the lakers inquired about lowry, a sign and trade for lin (and wanted to take him off waivers, knicks beat us), inquired about dragic, among other players.
    First off, it doesn't take a Laker fan to know that what Kobe respects is talent, and any of those three point guards are more than talented enough - and actually healthy and more than a decade younger than Nash.
    Lin and Dragic were both free agents, so the whole "availability" argument goes out the window. If the Lakers wanted them, they could have spent the money on them.
    All the responses to this post seem like Laker Nation's in a collective state of denial.

vCash
    First off, it doesn't take a Laker fan to know that what Kobe respects is talent, and any of those three point guards are more than talented enough - and actually healthy and more than a decade younger than Nash.
    Lin and Dragic were both free agents, so the whole "availability" argument goes out the window. If the Lakers wanted them, they could have spent the money on them.
    All the responses to this post seem like Laker Nation's in a collective state of denial.
    Based on these statements, it is apparent you do not know how free agency in the NBA works ...

vCash
    Agreed..

Bro, do not worry about idiot people in this forum. I would say for every 10 Lakers Fans in this Forum there are probably 4-5 that are reasonable that give basketball knowledge responses. Most will just place a faceplam and not respond..Most of those guys are bandwagon fans that do not have much basketball knowledge.

I think you are absolutely correct in regards to theses pg's. Lowry would be my 1st pick then Dragic. And Lin would be the 3rd choice but would be a hell of a back up pg because he is really a wild card type pg. Either he is going to have some really good games or not show up.

The Lakers may have been able to get one of those guys if they chose to Amnesty Steve Blake which I am not sure why they did not do that. They are not going ot Amnesty Kobe, Pau or Artest so he was really the best choice to let go.

That may have opened some cap space to sign one of those guys but realistically they would have had to do it through a trade. I like the fact we have Nash but my ideas since 2011 was to get him as the starter and either Lowry or Dragic as the back up. That would have made the Lakers a significantly better team imo.

I still have hope that the Lakers will work on a three team trade including Pau to either Toronto or Minnesota to get Either Calderon, Lowry, Barea, Derek williams and Pekovic.

Like I said before I would Love to have Pekovic as he has the most upside and will be quietly be one of the top 4-5's in the league. Unfortunately Dantoni will not showcase this guy since he runs a different offensive scheme. So Pekovic would need to go to another team and hopefully the Lakers get another solid piece in return. Lets stay tuned and by the end of January the Lakers should make a decision on Pau.
    Last edited by Swift Game; 12-25-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Game View Post
    Agreed..

Bro, do not worry about idiot people in this forum. I would say for every 10 Lakers Fans in this Forum there are probably 4-5 that are reasonable that give basketball knowledge responses. Most will just place a faceplam and not respond..Most of those guys are bandwagon fans that do not have much basketball knowledge.

I think you are absolutely correct in regards to theses pg's. Lowry would be my 1st pick then Dragic. And Lin would be the 3rd choice but would be a hell of a back up pg because he is really a wild card type pg. Either he is going to have some really good games or not show up.

The Lakers may have been able to get one of those guys if they chose to Amnesty Steve Blake which I am not sure why they did not do that. They are not going ot Amnesty Kobe, Pau or Artest so he was really the best choice to let go.

That may have opened some cap space to sign one of those guys but realistically they would have had to do it through a trade. I like the fact we have Nash but my ideas since 2011 was to get him as the starter and either Lowry or Dragic as the back up. That would have made the Lakers a significantly better team imo.

I still have hope that the Lakers will work on a three team trade including Pau to either Toronto or Minnesota to get Either Calderon, Lowry, Barea, Derek williams and Pekovic.

Like I said before I would Love to have Pekovic as he has the most upside and will be quietly be one of the top 4-5's in the league. Unfortunately Dantoni will not showcase this guy since he runs a different offensive scheme. So Pekovic would need to go to another team and hopefully the Lakers get another solid piece in return. Lets stay tuned and by the end of January the Lakers should make a decision on Pau.

Because it wasn't worth it to Amnesty Blake because it wouldn't save them that much money.

vCash
    Those other teams suck all around - it's not Lowry's or Lin's or Dragic's fault. And guess what: The Lakers are sucking with Nash, who's injury and age are part of "how the team does with Nash." He's been injured and the Lakers have sucked; therefore, the Lakers have sucked so far with Nash. It's the same as how the Hornets have sucked with Eric Gordon and the Knicks have done well in spite of Amare Stoudemire.
    I don't see why ignoramus' like you keep trying to pull out health as a part of how good a player is, because health and age are potentially more important than any other part of a player's worth.
    Did you just insult me? LOL. Go away kid. Your point about Phoenix is off. They have a BETTER roster then last year when they were a .500 team with Nash. Get it?

And the injury thing just makes no sense. It has nothing to do with the topic or any points being made. You just threw it out there. Maybe you had some type of point in your head but you didn't share it with us. Maybe next time you will. Thanks.

vCash
    Denial? Nothing has happened yet. The Lakers are making an all in push for the next couple of years and trying to keep Howard in the process. What's to understand. Nash is your best bet for that period. Not hard to understand. Nash was an all-star last year and none of the players mentioned were. And he has way more veteran experience and leadership qualities.

vCash
    Health is part of how good a player is; however, nash has been healthy mostly his entire career and it took a freak injury that had little to do with age. Nash had a broken leg and contrary to what many may think, your bones are not what become vulnerable when veteran athletes start getting injured. It's not until people get into their mid 50's where bones start to become an issue.

Nash has been back now for 2 games and has looked pretty awesome. With all due respect to the pgs you mentioned, nash even rusty in his current state is a far superior player than those guys. The lakers made the right choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast