Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,054
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    ET's minutes have gone up 40% this year.

    FORTY.

    PERCENT.

    Lots of minutes. Great for him.

    Yet - hold the phone - his rebounds (remember? the thing which really made him different? and valuable?) have gone up 15%. FIFTEEN.

    And so...all you math majors...his rebounding has dropped quite a bit from last year in terms of productivity.

    But his SHOOTING (volume) has gone up FIFTY percent.

    He takes FIFTY PERCENT MORE SHOTS than last year...yet grabs but 15% more boards.

    And you basketball know-nothings get all excited:

    "WOW! Did you see that nifty SPIN MOVE??"

    "ET has come in to his OWN!"

    "This is what we've been WAITING FOR!!!!"


    Well...this may be what you've guys have been waiting for. But it's exactly what I've been talking about. That dude ain't 60% of the player you think he is. Oh...and his defense is horrific. And so, no, he's not wildly improved.


    At all.
    From the way your wording your argument (completely without context btw)
    you make it sound like you belive Evan has gotten WROSE.
    Dispite his minutes and Shots going up his FG and 3PFG have both gone up not down UP!.
    that doesnt tend to happen often even less often in fact when that player went from being a 4th or 5 option too being a 2nd option. i think its safe to say he has improved as a scorer.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...turneev01.html
    All of his per 36 minutes stats outside of rebounding and blocks have improved less Turnovers more points more assits his FG attempts have only gone up by 1 shot and his FT % has gotten back in line.
    acutally the more i look at the stat sheet the more i realize just how much better he has really gotten.
    Last edited by thevcballer; 12-24-2012 at 04:19 PM.


    2012 allstar

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Exton
    Posts
    18,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    From the way your wording your argument (completely without context btw)
    you make it sound like you belive Evan has gotten WROSE.
    Dispite his minutes and Shots going up his FG and 3PFG have both gone up not down UP!.
    that doesnt tend to happen often even less often in fact when that player went from being a 4th or 5 option too being a 2nd option. i think its safe to say he has improved as a scorer.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...turneev01.html
    All of his per 36 minutes stats outside of rebounding and blocks have improved less Turnovers more points more assits his FG attempts have only gone up by 1 shot and his FT % has gotten back in line.
    acutally the more i look at the stat sheet the more i realize just how much better he has really gotten.
    I still like the nifty spin move

    He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

    Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    11,133
    vCash
    1500
    5th best three point shooter in league. That bum!
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    And he's only averaging 6.8 boards from the wing. That lazy good for nothing! All he wants to do is shoot! That ball hog and his crazy 15 ppg!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabGM View Post
    And he's only averaging 6.8 boards from the wing.



    Pssst. Not lately he ain't.

    And that's the whole point.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,139
    vCash
    2970
    really thats ur arguement bcuz he isnt doing it "lately". But in 3 of the last 5 his assists were up while scoring between 15-21 in 4 of the 5 shooting 46% but you failed to mention that. He contributes to this team in many ways not just rebounding although we all know you will continue to argue thats his only job and hes not good at anything else


    Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    really thats ur arguement bcuz he isnt doing it "lately". But in 3 of the last 5 his assists were up while scoring between 15-21 in 4 of the 5 shooting 46% but you failed to mention that. He contributes to this team in many ways not just rebounding although we all know you will continue to argue thats his only job and hes not good at anything else
    Hmpf. I wonder why his assists and points were up. Could it have been...nah...could it?...could it have been because he filled in for an injured Jrue?

    Hmmm......



    His rebounding has decreased and his defense is awful. Two BIG things we needed from him.

    You should be incensed.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,139
    vCash
    2970
    so he played the point while Jrue was out and your now complaining that our POINT GUARD didnt grab enough boards?


    Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    so he played the point while Jrue was out and your now complaining that our POINT GUARD didnt grab enough boards?
    Eliminate those 4 games. His rebounding is down from last year. By quite a lot.

    It's non-arguable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •