Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    His rebounding ability hasn't changed at all he just isn't camping out for rebounds in order to handle the ball on offense anymore since DC has given him more room to work on that end.
    Its always something.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Its always something.
    Don't talk to me like you think i am an Evan apologist or something i have been brutally honest and very consistent with Evan i don't think he is ever going to be an all star but i also dont think he is a bust eather what is peoples obsession with the whole boom or bust nonsense. He is a very good Role player and that will likely be all he ever is. Its Jrue Holiday that Ive always been high on.


    2012 allstar

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    134
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Don't talk to me like you think i am an Evan apologist or something i have been brutally honest and very consistent with Evan i don't think he is ever going to be an all star but i also dont think he is a bust eather what is peoples obsession with the whole boom or bust nonsense. He is a very good Role player and that will likely be all he ever is. Its Jrue Holiday that Ive always been high on.
    odd coming from one of the biggest flip floppers on these forums..

    but go ahead an keep thinking you've been "consistent"

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Statistically Evan has regressed, but is still among the best rebounding wings in the league. There isn't a single SG with a higher rebound rate, and the majority of the dozen or so SFs with higher rates are the SF/PF type.

    Beyond the statistics, it's pretty obvious that part of it really is the change in his role and situation - as vc says, he's trying to get out faster on offense and isn't chasing defensive rebounds as hard because of it.
    Case in point: when it comes to the 4th quarter, when he isn't running the point by himself so much and seems to put a bigger premium on rebounding, he goes back to being our best rebounder, in terms of total rebounds, per minute rebounds, and rebound rate. He still has the rebounding ability, he just seems to be focussing on other things.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,522
    vCash
    1500
    Refs dont give us any fouls it pisses me off. they also helped the nets with a couple calls

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Statistically Evan has regressed, but is still among the best rebounding wings in the league. There isn't a single SG with a higher rebound rate, and the majority of the dozen or so SFs with higher rates are the SF/PF type.

    Beyond the statistics, it's pretty obvious that part of it really is the change in his role and situation - as vc says, he's trying to get out faster on offense and isn't chasing defensive rebounds as hard because of it.
    Case in point: when it comes to the 4th quarter, when he isn't running the point by himself so much and seems to put a bigger premium on rebounding, he goes back to being our best rebounder, in terms of total rebounds, per minute rebounds, and rebound rate. He still has the rebounding ability, he just seems to be focussing on other things.
    He plays the 3, not the 2.

    Frontcourt.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    He's a wing. He plays the two and the three (and also the one), which is why I compared him to both twos and threes.
    You're a coach, you understand the fluidity of and overlap between the positions - it's completely disingenuous to argue that because he starts at the three he should be compared to the LBJs and Kevin Loves of the world rather than the Hardens and Bryants, and I expect that if you were on the other side of the argument you'd completely agree.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9,555
    vCash
    2970
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Its become average. Yep. Lol.
    ET had more rebounds then J-Rich had points but yea lets knock ET...

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    ET had more rebounds then J-Rich had points but yea lets knock ET...
    His rebounding has deteriorated. What can i tell ya.

    Don't shoot the messenger.


    And his defense is atrocious

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9,555
    vCash
    2970
    no J-Rich D is atrocious. Et avg 7 rebs a game and like someone said earlier has the best rate for his position. but yea he cant rebound. why cant u talk about other players? did ET and his 7 rebs hurt us tonight, no? Did Richardson and Wrights shooting hurt us, yes.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,684
    vCash
    1500
    ET is still a very good rebounder and his defense is and has always been average/a little above average.

    He was never a stopper, but when paired with Iggy and jrue, he was able to guard the third best wing whenever he played.

    Jrue, Evan, and Thad have been the most consistent performers on the team. Its the other guys, and the absence of Bynum, that have hurt us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuss View Post
    odd coming from one of the biggest flip floppers on these forums..

    but go ahead an keep thinking you've been "consistent"
    Tell me where i have flip floped on the subject of Evan Turner I defend him when someone goes too far in insulting him and criticize him when he is getting more praise than he deserves that's HONESTY not flip floping.
    Someone back me on this srsly Tons of my old posts can be pulled up to support what im saying here and every time i see this bbus post it is ALWAYS a bash on me im sick of him attacking my character.


    2012 allstar

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    no J-Rich D is atrocious.
    Why in the world do you keep mentioning JRich. ET is more valuable to the team than JR...so scrambling to compare the two in every post you make actually degrades ET. So, between you and me, your argument could use some fine tuning.


    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    Et avg 7 rebs a game

    No he doesn't. (Am starting to seriously question your debating skills.)


    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    and like someone said earlier has the best rate for his position.
    ...and that person was corrected; he listed ET's position erroneously.

    See, here's the thing for you apologists and excuse-makers; and listen closely: it doesn't matter what position a player plays...if he has proven he CAN consistently perform a function, and we NEED HIM to do so...he must perform that function.

    The fact is, he's underachieving on the boards. Period; end of story.

    In 7 of ET's last 12 games he's had 5 rebounds or fewer. In fact - all season long - he's only had double figure rebounds 8 times. (His season high is 12; half of the 8 he had barely 10.)

    Is his SIX point eight rebound-per-game rate really the best he can do? Is it? REALLY?

    It'd be different if he was expending his energy on defense; but lord knows he's not. No, no. ET has put his focus on shooting the damn ball. THAT'S what this is about. He's slowly becoming merely a solid rebounder and a bad/ineffective defender...all while shooting at an insane volume (an average of SEVENTEEN shots per game this month.)



    He cares about one thing. And unfortunately many know-nothing posters apparently do as well.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Why in the world do you keep mentioning JRich. ET is more valuable to the team than JR...so scrambling to compare the two in every post you make actually degrades ET. So, between you and me, your argument could use some fine tuning.





    No he doesn't. (Am starting to seriously question your debating skills.)




    ...and that person was corrected; he listed ET's position erroneously.

    See, here's the thing for you apologists and excuse-makers; and listen closely: it doesn't matter what position a player plays...if he has proven he CAN consistently perform a function, and we NEED HIM to do so...he must perform that function.

    The fact is, he's underachieving on the boards. Period; end of story.

    In 7 of ET's last 12 games he's had 5 rebounds or fewer. In fact - all season long - he's only had double figure rebounds 8 times. (His season high is 12; half of the 8 he had barely 10.)

    Is his SIX point eight rebound-per-game rate really the best he can do? Is it? REALLY?

    It'd be different if he was expending his energy on defense; but lord knows he's not. No, no. ET has put his focus on shooting the damn ball. THAT'S what this is about. He's slowly becoming merely a solid rebounder and a bad/ineffective defender...all while shooting at an insane volume (an average of SEVENTEEN shots per game this month.)



    He cares about one thing. And unfortunately many know-nothing posters apparently do as well.
    He averages 6.8 yes because those .2 rebounds are killing us. lol

    As for the complaint about how many shots he puts up yes i agree its gross hideous even.


    2012 allstar

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Why in the world do you keep mentioning JRich. ET is more valuable to the team than JR...so scrambling to compare the two in every post you make actually degrades ET. So, between you and me, your argument could use some fine tuning.





    No he doesn't. (Am starting to seriously question your debating skills.)




    ...and that person was corrected; he listed ET's position erroneously.

    See, here's the thing for you apologists and excuse-makers; and listen closely: it doesn't matter what position a player plays...if he has proven he CAN consistently perform a function, and we NEED HIM to do so...he must perform that function.

    The fact is, he's underachieving on the boards. Period; end of story.

    In 7 of ET's last 12 games he's had 5 rebounds or fewer. In fact - all season long - he's only had double figure rebounds 8 times. (His season high is 12; half of the 8 he had barely 10.)

    Is his SIX point eight rebound-per-game rate really the best he can do? Is it? REALLY?

    It'd be different if he was expending his energy on defense; but lord knows he's not. No, no. ET has put his focus on shooting the damn ball. THAT'S what this is about. He's slowly becoming merely a solid rebounder and a bad/ineffective defender...all while shooting at an insane volume (an average of SEVENTEEN shots per game this month.)



    He cares about one thing. And unfortunately many know-nothing posters apparently do as well.
    The thing you don't get ricky is that Turner has become what we all thought he was coming into the draft at this point your grasping for straws to make the Evans a Bust argument valid. but the thing is there just isn't one anymore. We all get it you where right last year and the year before and even early this year that he simply wasn't playing well and people where giving him way more credit than they really should have been and i backed you the entire time because the truth is the truth be it good or bad for us. but Evans Rebounding isn't what lost us the game so why even bring it up.
    This doesn't fall on Turner Or holidays shoulders that we are not a good team the foundation of a good team isnt there there isnt enough talent to work with. You should never just call players out randomly because we are not playing as well as u would like the talent just isnt there to work with if you need to blame something blame bynums knees.


    2012 allstar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •