Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9,280
    vCash
    2970
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Why in the world do you keep mentioning JRich. ET is more valuable to the team than JR...so scrambling to compare the two in every post you make actually degrades ET. So, between you and me, your argument could use some fine tuning.





    No he doesn't. (Am starting to seriously question your debating skills.)




    ...and that person was corrected; he listed ET's position erroneously.

    See, here's the thing for you apologists and excuse-makers; and listen closely: it doesn't matter what position a player plays...if he has proven he CAN consistently perform a function, and we NEED HIM to do so...he must perform that function.

    The fact is, he's underachieving on the boards. Period; end of story.

    In 7 of ET's last 12 games he's had 5 rebounds or fewer. In fact - all season long - he's only had double figure rebounds 8 times. (His season high is 12; half of the 8 he had barely 10.)

    Is his SIX point eight rebound-per-game rate really the best he can do? Is it? REALLY?

    It'd be different if he was expending his energy on defense; but lord knows he's not. No, no. ET has put his focus on shooting the damn ball. THAT'S what this is about. He's slowly becoming merely a solid rebounder and a bad/ineffective defender...all while shooting at an insane volume (an average of SEVENTEEN shots per game this month.)



    He cares about one thing. And unfortunately many know-nothing posters apparently do as well.
    im not scarmbling for anything. Every time the Sixers lose you find something to bash ET for and when we win and he plays great u stay away from here until he slows down and do it all again. You continually preach J Rich is here to score and doesnt have to do anything else but u never knock him when he shoots 2-10 and doesnt defend anyone. I also mentioned Wrights poor shooting along with Richardsons but of course u ignored that. I find it comical that you bash our small forward for not being able to pull 10 boards a game.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,741
    vCash
    1500

    Game 28 (12-23-12): Sixers (13-14, 4-7A) @ Nets (13-12, 8-6H)

    We all know he does it, we constantly call him out on it, yet somehow he keeps doing the same thing.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,741
    vCash
    1500

    Game 28 (12-23-12): Sixers (13-14, 4-7A) @ Nets (13-12, 8-6H)

    We are losing for 2 reasons.... And theyre simple:

    Our bigs are weak-sauce.... They play with zero toughness and dont rebound... And when i say bigs i mean the real bigs, not thad (the hybrid) or turner, whos a wing player, not a big.

    And our role players arent playing their roles properly, jrich, wright, and n young should almost never be putting the ball on the floor, an never more than 2-3 dribbles max.

    Also, theres zero floor spacing, no one keeps defenses honest.... Everyone is 12-20feet from the basket, defenses easily double team the penetrations before they get 8feet to the rim and its easy for defenses to close out the 3pt line.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 12-24-2012 at 01:15 PM.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    The thing you don't get ricky is that Turner has become what we all thought he was coming into the draft at this point your grasping for straws to make the Evans a Bust argument valid. but the thing is there just isn't one anymore. We all get it you where right last year and the year before and even early this year that he simply wasn't playing well and people where giving him way more credit than they really should have been and i backed you the entire time because the truth is the truth be it good or bad for us. but Evans Rebounding isn't what lost us the game so why even bring it up.
    This doesn't fall on Turner Or holidays shoulders that we are not a good team the foundation of a good team isnt there there isnt enough talent to work with. You should never just call players out randomly because we are not playing as well as u would like the talent just isnt there to work with if you need to blame something blame bynums knees.
    With all due respect...you don't understand basketball. And I am honestly not trying to be a jerk.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    We are losing for 2 reasons.... And theyre simple:

    Our bigs are weak-sauce.... They play with zero toughness and dont rebound... And when i say bigs i mean the real bigs, not thad (the hybrid) or turner, whos a wing player, not a big.

    And our role players arent playing their roles properly, jrich, wright, and n young should almost never be putting the ball on the floor, an never more than 2-3 dribbles max.

    Also, theres zero floor spacing, no one keeps defenses honest.... Everyone is 12-20feet from the basket, defenses easily double team the penetrations before they get 8feet to the rim and its easy for defenses to close out the 3pt line.
    .
    You are about 3 steps behind me. What you claim is the precise reason we need a few of our guys to handle the load created by others. our bigs suck and so that doesn't excuse ET from his responsibility. our perimeter defense sucks... and so he has to step up there too. it's really rather simple.

    and if this...ET taking 17 shots a game... is actually what you all have been waiting for, well you got your wish. and we are losing and he's not contributing in the way we need him too.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9,280
    vCash
    2970
    we NEED ET to score. We have 3 consistent players on this team and he is one of them rather you like it or not.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    we NEED ET to score. We have 3 consistent players on this team and he is one of them rather you like it or not.
    I would trade 3 or 4 of his shot attemps every game for 3 more rebounds... without question. and maybe a couple more if it meant he had more energy to play little defense. those things lead to more points, though you might not realize that.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    9,280
    vCash
    2970
    and give those attempts to who Richardson? so he can go for 2-14 or Wright so it can brick or maybe Nick Young so we can watch a circus shot. Maybe you should be asking our bigs to grab 3-4 more boards a game since they are useless on offense most nights.

    RETURN OF THE MAC

    Rec: 57 Yards: 921 TD: 9

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    With all due respect...you don't understand basketball. And I am honestly not trying to be a jerk.
    what is it about basketball that you think i dont understand. What of my post gives you the idea that im missing something. come on Ricky i know you can come up with better than that you never get backed into a corner that easily lol.


    2012 allstar

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    .
    You are about 3 steps behind me. What you claim is the precise reason we need a few of our guys to handle the load created by others. our bigs suck and so that doesn't excuse ET from his responsibility. our perimeter defense sucks... and so he has to step up there too. it's really rather simple.

    and if this...ET taking 17 shots a game... is actually what you all have been waiting for, well you got your wish. and we are losing and he's not contributing in the way we need him too.
    You just don't see it do you ricky Turner doesn't have all star potential
    Choosing to Ignore turners progress doesn't change the fact that he has made some. we understand your argument Turner hasn't really improved he is just spending more energy on shooting and driving now rather than on rebounding and defense while that's about halfway true there is more too it than just that.
    Hes shooting much better from 3
    hes scoring more points a game than Richardson (inefficiently maybe but hes doing it something you claimed he wouldn't do)
    His rebounding ability is the same hes just not expending as much effort on the glass as he use too.
    Finally his defense has always been sub par but having Iggy and holiday on the perimeter and Brand in the post masked alot of evan's mistakes on that end in prior years. Sort of like how Ray allen has been a poor defender his whole career but when he frist went to Boston KG made him look like a very good defender and the media credited him for it all the time. I cant be the only person who that drove nuts.

    I know when its all said and done you bash turner because you believe in him you want him to be an allstar like you *know* he can be. But what im telling you is your wrong
    Turner is not a bust but he will never live up to being worth a number 2 draft choice
    why? Because he was a number 2 choice in a WEAK DRAFT. Yes im saying it now
    Favors is overrated because of his potential.
    Cousans is a punk and is shooting 41% as a center
    Wall is basicly average
    paul gorge has only shown flashes
    what im getting at is no player from that draft is looking like an allstar right now. so turner is right where he should be.
    Last edited by thevcballer; 12-24-2012 at 03:07 PM.


    2012 allstar

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    ET's minutes have gone up 40% this year.

    FORTY.

    PERCENT.

    Lots of minutes. Great for him.

    Yet - hold the phone - his rebounds (remember? the thing which really made him different? and valuable?) have gone up 15%. FIFTEEN.

    And so...all you math majors...his rebounding has dropped quite a bit from last year in terms of productivity.

    But his SHOOTING (volume) has gone up FIFTY percent.

    He takes FIFTY PERCENT MORE SHOTS than last year...yet grabs but 15% more boards.

    And you basketball know-nothings get all excited:

    "WOW! Did you see that nifty SPIN MOVE??"

    "ET has come in to his OWN!"

    "This is what we've been WAITING FOR!!!!"


    Well...this may be what you've guys have been waiting for. But it's exactly what I've been talking about. That dude ain't 60% of the player you think he is. Oh...and his defense is horrific. And so, no, he's not wildly improved.


    At all.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    vCash
    1500
    There’s no doubt that the 76ers are Jrue’s & ET’s Team. Problem is that is not nearly enough to be a .500 team in the NBA. Until they get a consistent 3rd Scorer and inside presence, this team is not going anywhere even as Jrue & ET continue to improve.
    Thadd Young’s offense is way to inconsistent and the other perimiter players are up and down every outing. If Hawes/Allen could consistently combine for 25-28 pts & 15 rebounds between them, then they would a shot in some of closer games, but that is not going to happen.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    11,410
    vCash
    1500
    Merry Christmas Ricky!
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    vCash
    1500
    There’s no doubt that the 76ers are Jrue’s & ET’s Team, problem is that is nearly not enough to be a .500 Team in the NBA. Until they get a consistent 3rd Scorer, and inside presence, this team is not going anywhere even as Jrue & ET continue to improve. Thadd Young’s offense is way to inconsistent, and the other Perimiter players are up and down every outing. If Hawes/Allen could consistently combine for 25-28 Pts & 15 rebounds between them, then they would a shot in some of closer games, but that's not going to happen at all or if so not on a consistent basis.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,084
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    ET's minutes have gone up 40% this year.

    FORTY.

    PERCENT.

    Lots of minutes. Great for him.

    Yet - hold the phone - his rebounds (remember? the thing which really made him different? and valuable?) have gone up 15%. FIFTEEN.

    And so...all you math majors...his rebounding has dropped quite a bit from last year in terms of productivity.

    But his SHOOTING (volume) has gone up FIFTY percent.

    He takes FIFTY PERCENT MORE SHOTS than last year...yet grabs but 15% more boards.

    And you basketball know-nothings get all excited:

    "WOW! Did you see that nifty SPIN MOVE??"

    "ET has come in to his OWN!"

    "This is what we've been WAITING FOR!!!!"


    Well...this may be what you've guys have been waiting for. But it's exactly what I've been talking about. That dude ain't 60% of the player you think he is. Oh...and his defense is horrific. And so, no, he's not wildly improved.


    At all.
    All Vaild points but you cant have expected a 40% increase in his rebounds if you have ever really been a coach you should know what minutes burden and fatigue does to players Nothing is ever linear in basketball. and although he takes 50% more shots they come with 40% more points. Don't get me wrong the improvement isn't a whole lot but it is there i never claimed he was wildly improved just that he was making progress.
    Also i love how you said he isnt 60% of the player i think he is becuase that implys you think i am one of those people who think he is an allstar and i eat those players alive he is good if he is your 3rd or 4th best player is that so hard to understand?


    2012 allstar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •