Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They're good prospects. But that's all they are. Are the Coupons going to get us what else we need?

I don't think they are.

How are they going to acquire talent now? there's no blue chippers left to trade, trading prospects is robbing Peter to pay Paul, but there's no money for any FA's.

It does not add up.

The Mets are not going to win because they acquired Wheeler, TDA and Snydergaard, whatever is name is. We've just lost a ace pitcher, who would have pitched at a high level for the next 3 years, let's not forget that, so that's Wheeler 'swallowed up'. We have no BP and no OF.

TDA will probably start as our catcher, so a 74 win team is better in one position only, and weaker in SP. TDA is not proven either, although a tree stump would be an improvement on Thole.

Sorry but I'm not impressed, I think the near future is a younger cheaper team which will excite all the prospect junkies and all those that hate spending any money - but ultimately they'll keep falling short because there's always too many holes left unfilled.
    We've gotten a taste of Harvey - and will see him this season. Say Wheeler and Syndergaard develop into something special, we will have a nice 1 2 3 punch. TDA develops into a Posey type catcher, Davis goes back to form, Duda imprives, Wright stays healthy... this could be a competitive team when David is in the 3rd - 5th year of that contract. We are just a few years off I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    We've gotten a taste of Harvey - and will see him this season. Say Wheeler and Syndergaard develop into something special, we will have a nice 1 2 3 punch. TDA develops into a Posey type catcher, Davis goes back to form, Duda imprives, Wright stays healthy... this could be a competitive team when David is in the 3rd - 5th year of that contract. We are just a few years off I think.

Or 5 years, or 10 years, or 15 years...

3. 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
    Reason
    Please don't insult other members

4. 01-02-2013, 08:15 AM
    Reason
    quoting a deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    No man, I don't agree with him on alot of things but the Wilpons CANNONT BE TRUSTED. One of the most dysfunctional owners in sports. I was really surprised they broke the bank for David, not sure if you were Mcfly.

I wasn't surprised, I felt they may be dragging their feet for a while, but the Mets never get anything done without making a drama out of it. I think they knew without DW they had no product to sell.

This is the point, when it comes down to it, the Coupons will not finish the team off, they left Omar's teams unfinished and would not help in July, year after year.

A winning team to them is one that can sell tix for 6 months, not one they have to spend to put over the top. Meaningful games in September, that was their stated ambition.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Been asked whether #Mets would watch Cubans Dariel Alvarez & Aledmys Diaz at Sat. workout. Person w/ organization believes it was postponed.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Mets currently are having their annual scouting meetings in Port St. Lucie, Fla.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Peter Bjarkman, the author of books about Cuban baseball, said conversations with scouts confirmed his own impressions of Diaz as a heady player without great physical skills.

"He's certainly no Alexei Ramirez as far as range, glove or arm,'' Bjarkman said, referring to the Chicago White Sox shortstop and Cuba native. "He's nowhere near in the same category. He's a good, solid player who doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but he doesn't have any overwhelming tools."

Alvarez, 24, played in six Cuban league seasons. He enjoyed a breakthrough year when he batted .363 in 2010-11 but dropped off markedly and averaged less than eight homers a season. His most impressive skill is his arm, and Torres said some teams may consider Alvarez as a pitcher, especially since he did some relief work in his first three seasons.

Bjarkman cautions against expectations on the heels of the terrific debut season by Cespedes of the Oakland A's, saying, .

Bjarkman said Diaz and Alvarez don't rank in the same category as prospects as Texas Rangers outfielder Leonys Martin, who has yet to establish himself with the big club after signing for five years and $15.5 million in May 2011.

"You're not looking at somebody who is going to be an impact player in the major leagues like Cespedes was,'' Bjarkman said. "What you're looking at are a couple of guys who might possibly make it to that level if everything goes right."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...agent/1808243/

I am beginning to think I was wrong.

vCash
    He sounds a waste of money, I would not bother here. If you're gonna spend big in IFA then get a Chapman or a Cespedes, or try a tried and tested MLB player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post

If he comes really cheap though I would still consider it. I'm talking less than $10M for multiple seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post

If he comes really cheap though I would still consider it. I'm talking less than $10M for multiple seasons.
    So would I.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910