Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    LOL!!!

I see my post is removed again because I asked a valid if awkward question...
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 12-31-2012 at 12:10 PM.

vCash
    Instead of Danny Alvarez, how bout Danny Almonte?

He can pitch and play outfield as long as the other team has 12 year olds he can play against.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Take a chance on the guy,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Take a chance on the guy,
    You know, maybe you could play for the Mets.

After all, you are old man trash. Isn't that what we're going for right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    You know, maybe you could play for the Mets.

After all, you are old man trash. Isn't that what we're going for right now?
    No.

We're looking for young man trash. Old man trash tend to be eligible for salary arb.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    No.

We're looking for young man trash. Old man trash tend to be eligible for salary arb.
    O
    h no not salary arb!!!

That will destroy our golden future of wonderment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    O
    h no not salary arb!!!

That will destroy our golden future of wonderment.
    Yeah. I expect them to replace Ike Davis in a few years with a cheaper alternative.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah. I expect them to replace Ike Davis in a few years with a cheaper alternative.
    Wouldn't surprise me either.

At least David Wright will eventually have a statue.....

Lets Go Mess!

She's In Heaven, But My First Choice For Shortstop

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    It's Cuba, it's no better than A+ level equivalent. And he'd be the worst outfielder on the team right now. They should still sign him, as he'd be a good addition to Puello, Vaughn, Harris and Ceciliani in AA.
    LOL sorry dude but our worst OFer right now? Compared to what? Duda, Baxter, and Nieuwenhuis? Do you realize they are all bad OFers? I guess you just think that lowly of Alvarez even though literally no one knows what he'd be in the ML

vCash
    Yeah, Japan is roughly AAA level. Cuba isn't nearly as good.

Alvarez sounds like not more than a C+ type prospect. He hasn't made the Cuban national team, and has only one season that stood out a little. He has the tools to maybe turn into a solid regular, but probably as many question marks and as much bust potential as guys like Puello and Vaughn.

He doesn't seem to be a better hitter than Henry Urrutia, who signed with the Orioles for under $1M. He's a little bit better athlete than Urrutia, who is more a LF type. So worth a little more. The infielder, Diaz, looks like the better prospect.
    well i did see that some scout or whatever he does out there thinks Alvarez could be better that Cespedes and Puig... seems like he'd be worth a shot. Plenty of players who seem like they'll be little impact guys end up being great..
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-31-2012 at 08:26 PM.

vCash
    Sounds to me like his ceiling is basically Jeff Francoeur.
    You wouldn't take a RF with the best arm in the game, a GG type fielder, a multiple seasons of 100+ RBI's, including seasons with HR's of 29 and 19 and others of 15+, and a few seasons with a good batting avg.

I'm confused. You said Alvarez would be our worst OFer but if his ceiling is Francoeur, he could easily be our best OFer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You wouldn't take a RF with the best arm in the game, a GG type fielder, a multiple seasons of 100+ RBI's, including seasons with HR's of 29 and 19 and others of 15+, and a few seasons with a good batting avg.

I'm confused. You said Alvarez would be our worst OFer but if his ceiling is Francoeur, he could easily be our best OFer.
    He played in Cuba last year as a 23-year old, why would he suddenly be at his ceiling?

And Francoeur sucks.

vCash
    He played in Cuba last year as a 23-year old, why would he suddenly be at his ceiling?

And Francoeur sucks.
    If his ceiling is Francoeur, and we sign him and he reaches his so-called ceiling in 2 or 3 yrs, that'd be perfect timing to have an OFer having his best couple yrs of good power and 100+ RBI's. cuz it's hopefully when we expect to start competing again. We have no OFer's right now... Literally none. We have a bunch of guys that should be bench players or still in the minors. What's the harm in adding Alvarez since he probably wouldn't cost too much and definitely has the potential to be our current best OFer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    If his ceiling is Francoeur, and we sign him and he reaches his so-called ceiling in 2 or 3 yrs, that'd be perfect timing cuz it's hopefully when we expect to start competing again. We have no OFer's right now... Literally none. We have a bunch of guys that should be bench players or still in the minors. What's the harm in adding Alvarez since he probably wouldn't cost too much and definitely has the potential to be our current best OFer.
    If his ceiling is Francoeur, 100% pass on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If his ceiling is Francoeur, 100% pass on him.
    If you knew he'd have back to back years where he put up 29 HR's with 100+ RBI's and another with 19 HR's and 100+ RBI's while winning a gold glove and haven't one of the best arms in MLB, you wouldn't wanna sign him to a 3 or 4 yr deal?

Obviously we don't know this, but he seems to be worth a shot and if his best season's match Francoeur's best, I'd take that for sure. It'd easily be better than anything we have.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast