Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Marlins will walk him around South Beach and he'll sign in about ten minutes for 5/$10 mil after he sees someone named Gina walking around in a high heels and wearing a bikini.

It's all in the marketing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's being playing professional ball for years now which is arguably better competition than the minor leagues. As long as he's mashing, I don't really care how much he walks.
    Seriously?

This is Cuba ball, perhaps between A and AA ball at best.

Let's not get our panties in a wad over this guy.
    I really should develop a sig, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet6986 View Post
    Seriously?

This is Cuba ball, perhaps between A and AA ball at best.

Let's not get our panties in a wad over this guy.
    So we're back to Gina in high heels wearing a bikini.

vCash
    This is what some guy on the Metsblog comments section had to say about Alvarez:
    In other developments, I talked to a guy from Cuba today about Alvarez. He says that this guy is better than Cespedes, Puig, or Soler. Alvarez is supposedly a mild-mannered guy with a ton of power and very good contact ability.

The guy also said he thought Alvarez was ready to play in the majors right now. For whatever that is worth. I have talked about the Cuban guys before with this guy and he predicted Cespedes' big year.

vCash
    Well, that settles it.

Some guy on a blog site talked to some OTHER guy who said that Alvarez is ready.

Good enough for Stuna, good enough for me!

Is there a sarcasm smiley on this site?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet6986 View Post
    Well, that settles it.

Some guy on a blog site talked to some OTHER guy who said that Alvarez is ready.

Good enough for Stuna, good enough for me!

Is there a sarcasm smiley on this site?
    Well at least the guy from Cuba is a first hand source of the guy, it doesn't settle anything, just thought it was interesting.

vCash

vCash
    Marlins "Lukewarm" On Dariel Alvarez
    By Mike Axisa [December 28 at 12:49pm CST]
    The Marlins are "lukewarm" at best on Cuban outfielder Dariel Alvarez, reports Juan C. Rodriguez of The Sun Sentinel. The team is unlikely to attend his showcase on January 5th.

Alvarez, 24, was officially declared a free agent by MLB earlier this month. The right-handed hitter defected last summer and is currently playing in the Vera Cruz winter league in Mexico, where he's hitting .317/.335/.465 with three homers in 49 games. MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez reported last month that Alvarez stands 6-foot-2 and 190 lbs., and can play all three outfield spots while providing above-average arm strength.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Nice, one suitor out of the running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Well at least the guy from Cuba is a first hand source of the guy, it doesn't settle anything, just thought it was interesting.
    It's stupid that other dude keeps giving you a hard time about this guy, I don't care what he is saying about how he's been playing in Cuba and that might not be great competition, but reports on this guy seem good and he's been hitting very well. If this league he's mashing in is considered comparable to AA or AAA in MLB then that's great. A lot of players that put up those numbers in AAA turn out to be pretty good ML players, plus he plays all 3 OF spots and has a strong arm. I bet he'd be the best OFer on our team this yr if we signed him and let him play this season.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-30-2012 at 03:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    It's stupid that other dude keeps giving you a hard time about this guy, I don't care what he is saying about how he's been playing in Cuba and that might not be great competition, but reports on this guy seem good and he's been hitting very well. If this league he's mashing in is considered comparable to AA or AAA in MLB then that's great. A lot of players that put up those numbers in AAA turn out to be pretty good ML players, plus he plays all 3 OF spots and has a strong arm. I bet he'd be the best OFer on our team this yr if we signed him and let him play this season.
    I know right? I agree that we would likely be our best outfielder right now and given his age he makes a lot of sense for us.

vCash
    I know nothing about the guy and no one knows how much $$$$ he will want. All I know is that with our OF situation, why would we not look at him???? There's not much going on now, send someone to take a look at him.

Sometimes you get lucky and something falls in your lap.

vCash

Angry Owners won't allow SA to sign Dariel Alvarez

I agree that the Mets should go after Dariel Alvarez but they won't. It comes down to money and unless the Wilpons sell more shares of the Mets, signing Alvarez no matter how much sense it makes won't happen. They seem to be circling their wagons around Grady Sizemore as they could probably sign him for a lot less than Alvarez. Unfortunately the forever injured Sizemore is not what he once was, a budding superstar. SA will not take a chance on Alvarez since their are no scouts in Cuba to let the front office know if he is the real deal or not. I still say taking a chance on Alvarez might appeal to the fan base, and they still might be able to sign Sizemore just in case Alvarez does not work out. ALvarez is young and has shown constant improvement in his stats. He has a strong arm and is fast and plays good defense. If Omar Minaya was still around even with so little money the Mets would be going after this kid but with the ever cautious SA at the helm it is just not gonna happen. Unfortunately.

vCash
    It's Cuba, it's no better than A+ level equivalent. And he'd be the worst outfielder on the team right now. They should still sign him, as he'd be a good addition to Puello, Vaughn, Harris and Ceciliani in AA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    It's Cuba, it's no better than A+ level equivalent. And he'd be the worst outfielder on the team right now. They should still sign him, as he'd be a good addition to Puello, Vaughn, Harris and Ceciliani in AA.
    Is it that low?
    I knew he would have spend at least a half of season in AAA.

Just thought it was closer to AA and AAA.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast