Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mo Williams OUT "indefinitely"

There is talk this might be season ending

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12...-williams-jazz

vCash
    that is unfortunate. Maybe this triggers a deal for the future? doubt the jazz make the playoffs this season, especially if MO is out all year
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    yeah this really makes things interesting. I went into the season thinking he was the one guy we couldn't lose. This really puts the onus on the jazz to make a move to get better or to get IE get a higher pick

vCash
    Isnt he on the rest of his deal, so only one year? Basically trade for a future PG. Have that guy finish the year, and by his performace, see if we resign mo next season, and have him either come off the bench, or split time.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Tinsley is sufficient when running our bench/future starters. Having him run the starters isn't going to be the problem. Its relying on Watson to run the bench. The worst thing that can happen now is if Tinsley gets hurt, then were definitely screwed. We just need to finally find our future PG to replace Deron Williams and John Stockton.

I really think we need to look into trading Paul and/or Al. Were not gonna just let them leave without getting anything for them. We already know Paul has setup it up to leave, so he will be traded for sure, just a matter of when.

Marvin has a great career, and I think he is worth keeping, although how we got him was the worst decision we have ever done. We could totally be using Devin Harris right now, who is an all star point guard, and even with Mo, he would have made our bench unstoppable.

I have been saying for months now that Jazz need to find a young PG to develop with our future starters. There isn't much in the draft and we might not even have a chance at the top PG's.

I see immient trades going down. This season still has a lot to go and this is the kind of injury that could potentially keep us from the playoffs, we need our go to man who can close the game.
    I think now the Jazz are going to act faster on plans they have already had. I just hope they don't do anything stupid like get rid of Burks, or Marvin. I don't think they are dumb enough to remove Favors or Kanter from our future, then again I heard they were considering removing Burks(who is a definite potential all star material, at least our SG of the future).

Al and Paul are definitely right where the money is for the type of PG we need. I just wish Al would be cheaper to keep because the Jazz are gonna be forced to trade Paul because of his actions, leaving Al's super expensive cost(Kanter's price/performance is way better).
    I can't see them trading Al unless they are finally ready to start our future(which is starting Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, and (unknown pg that we need)). Our future has been unknown for awhile at the point guard, I just hope now we can secure at least a PG from the draft, or trade Paul for someone.

If it were me, I would start our future starters now. If we don't make the playoffs so what. We would be giving them the experience they need to grow. Burks has been stunted because of Bell and Marvin. Its time he is unleashed, we just need a PG who can be his partner in crime!

vCash
    I just see Utah having to trade for a young point guard, I'm not sure why we havent drafted one... oh, is that Maynor on the Thunder. Thats where he went.

It doesnt make sense to not have a young PG to grow chemistry with our young guys. I mean I get the vet presence, but when that Vet leaves/retires/injured all that chemistry has to start over. Lets grow a team.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Unless the Jazz can secure a true star, I would not be surprised to see them bring back both Al and Paul. I certainly haven't seen enough from Favors and Enes to believe that they are ready to be the every possession post dominating force that this offense needs.

If the Jazz do look for a trade I hope they bring in guys who are tough minded and play with smarts. I love seeing some of the guys play off screens properly (like Hayward) but can't stand how few of the Jazz players are willing to set and hold tough screens to get their team mates good looks.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    [QUOTE=HotRodsHair;24863862]Unless the Jazz can secure a true star, I would not be surprised to see them bring back both Al and Paul.

Jazz wanted Millsap to stay, but didn't accept our Contract Extension, would have stopped him from going into FA this summer. If Jazz don't trade him, Al, Mo, Foye, Tinsley, Watson, or Bell by the trade deadline in February, they could lose them to FA, and get no one from them.

Even if Jazz could trade him for some upper tier first draft picks, I bet even teams like Miami, OKC, Spurs, or Lakers would love Paul. I think every team could build off Paul. Al is another great who we shouldn't lose on. Sending these two off, jazz could do a 3-4 team trade and get us a new PG and possibly a bench PG.

Even if we do keep Mo, cause he will be on FA also. He could still be our SG, which I think is a better place for him, cause he is better overall compared to Foye, and I think Foye would do great on the bench with Kanter/Favors/Hayward. Although I think Burks is just as good, he just hasn't had the minutes to prove he can do it.

vCash
    As much as I love millsap, I think I would trade him and extend Jefferson. I would try to trade him for a pick and a fourth big type player. It's obvious that he won't come off the bench and he doesn't seem to be contributing anything to the development of favors or kanter the way Jefferson is. I'd love it if the could somehow ship out millsap and get kemba walker back, but that won't happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    As much as I love millsap, I think I would trade him and extend Jefferson. I would try to trade him for a pick and a fourth big type player. It's obvious that he won't come off the bench and he doesn't seem to be contributing anything to the development of favors or kanter the way Jefferson is. I'd love it if the could somehow ship out millsap and get kemba walker back, but that won't happen.
    I like this idea, cause Favors could replace Millsap, and even if it takes a year, I think Favors will surpass Millsap.

I think Al will sign a contract, especially if Millsap is gone, cause it secures his place. I could see Al signing a year or two contract while they develop Kanter, who I believe is good enough, but still needs another year, unlike Favors who I think needs the start position to grow.

vCash
    As bad as Al is on defense, he's a stud in the post and I think a lot of kanters development has been from Al. Marvin could help at the 4 when it comes to foul trouble, which would also open up minutes for burks because Hayward would have to play more 3.

vCash
    The problem with getting a top notch PG, is the fact that there are so few who could potentially replace Stockton.

This is Jazz basketball, which runs best when you got a point man like Stockton, and a PF like Malone. With a guy on the 3pt like Hornacek and Russel, I think we have 4 guys who could play the 4 roles, but were still missing the man who could run the Stockton position.

SG is easily in Foye, Mo or Burks. SF is easily Hayward and Marvin(who will surpass Jeff and Bryon). As for Favors passing up malone, well not as easy to say. As for Kanter being better than Ostertag, well I will admit that right now(lol).

There is still that lingering fact that we haven't found that young PG who could play Stockton's position, who we could have gotten him last year if Golden State wasn't such S#$@#$H#*$s, and bombed the season. We could have gotten Lillard, Barnes or someone just as good!

This years 1st rounders only have a few PG's, we will definitely look into getting someone from the last couple drafts. Our bench is made up of 4 1st rounders, we need that 5th!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    The problem with getting a top notch PG, is the fact that there are so few who could potentially replace Stockton.

This is Jazz basketball, which runs best when you got a point man like Stockton, and a PF like Malone. With a guy on the 3pt like Hornacek and Russel, I think we have 4 guys who could play the 4 roles, but were still missing the man who could run the Stockton position.

SG is easily in Foye, Mo or Burks. SF is easily Hayward and Marvin(who will surpass Jeff and Bryon). As for Favors passing up malone, well not as easy to say. As for Kanter being better than Ostertag, well I will admit that right now(lol).

There is still that lingering fact that we haven't found that young PG who could play Stockton's position, who we could have gotten him last year if Golden State wasn't such S#$@#$H#*$s, and bombed the season. We could have gotten Lillard, Barnes or someone just as good!
    This years 1st rounders only have a few PG's, we will definitely look into getting someone from the last couple drafts. Our bench is made up of 4 1st rounders, we need that 5th!
    We wouldn't have been able to get Lillard, who I wanted the most, even if we got that pick because he went at number 6. Toronto could've picked Barnes at 7 so we still could've missed out on him.

I like Marcus Smart out of the draft this year. He is who I want the most . Trey Burke out of Michigan is I think the best point guard out of the draft so far this year. He is only 6 feet tall but he can fill a stat sheet and those are the types of guys you want to draft.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    The reason why I think AL is the odd man out is that other teams value him more than the undersized Paul Milly. Not to mention, Al is just as much a jackal and hyde as our whole team. I mean, you score less than 10 points against the magic? Who do the Magic even have to contain Al... nobody.

Milly hasnt been having the greatest year, but his numbers are improving month to month, and we know he can show up in big games, and on the road. Al would be able to pull in a higher caliber PG than Milly. But, it will be interesting what we do.

We're a tinsley injury away from being screwed.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    The reason why I think AL is the odd man out is that other teams value him more than the undersized Paul Milly. Not to mention, Al is just as much a jackal and hyde as our whole team. I mean, you score less than 10 points against the magic? Who do the Magic even have to contain Al... nobody.

Milly hasnt been having the greatest year, but his numbers are improving month to month, and we know he can show up in big games, and on the road. Al would be able to pull in a higher caliber PG than Milly. But, it will be interesting what we do.

We're a tinsley injury away from being screwed.
    If other teams value Al more, that's who you want to keep. The only reason to trade is to gain value and it would be tough to get fair value back in one player. We have enough role players and don't need fair value split between three bodies. Millsap is at a bargan price right now and going to expect more as a FA.

I also think a tinsley injury could kill us, but it could also be good in a way because it might force a conservative front office to make a move.
    Last edited by Woodrow; 12-26-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast