Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navysoxfan View Post
    You do know a majority of the players that you mentioned are not career White Sox players, so how are they more worthy than A.J ? None them reached the top of the hill as a white sox team player or leader and none planted a World Series championship flag at the top. P.S Veek was a owner of the st.louis browns , Cleveland Indians and the White Sox twice and I really can't picture him playing any position as a player seeing he was a amputee with a peg leg prostitic that had a custom ashtray built in it . ( for real ! )
    you mentioned Konerko and mark B. how they more worthy than a.j ? they all reached the top together and Played together all the way until the team peaked .
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 12-23-2012 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    you mentioned Konerko and mark B. how they more worthy than a.j ? they all reached the top together and Played together all the way until the team peaked .
    Did you really ask why Konerko was more worthy of something than AJ? Seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheCell View Post
    Did you really ask why Konerko was more worthy of something than AJ? Seriously?
    no I said they should all be respected and remembered on the same level .

vCash
    My thought is that a staue or retiring his number is not appropriate although I wouldn't mind seeing a nice plaque recognizing his valuable service and the passion for playing hard and smart each season. What would be more valuable in my eyes would be to bring him back in some capacity after his playing career is done .... AJ knows he will always be welcome to Chicago with open arms.

vCash
    no I said they should all be respected and remembered on the same level .
    No. You specifically asked "how is he (they) more worthy than AJ". The question answers itself. And no, they shouldn't be respected on the same level. I like AJ, but he's nowhere near the baseball player Konerko is.

vCash
    I vote No. Retiring a players number and building a statue should be reserved for the elite players of the organization. The White Sox should try and do something to recognize those players that fall short of the elite but were better than the average player. I’m not sure what that recognition should be but I’m sure with a little imagination and thought something could be respectful and serve the purpose.
    "She's kinda cute, in a Santa Claus kinda way!"

vCash
    No!

KTHXBAI

vCash
    some might say that AJ was a statue behind the plate, nah...sorry
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    In all honesty, the most he deserves is a spot in the player intro video before games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    I might see them giving a courtesy one-year without giving 12 to somebody. But that's it.

vCash
    You do know a majority of the players that you mentioned are not career White Sox players, so how are they more worthy than A.J ?
    neither was aj,so if thats your standard than why are you advocating for him?
    None them reached the top of the hill as a white sox team player or leader and none planted a World Series championship flag at the top.
    so your saying iguchi,geoff blum,and neal cotts need to have their numbers retired? since the ring matters so much than i guess you are,and probably need to take applng,luis,minnies away huh because they have no rings?

i get that he was your fav player.but look around,no one is with you on this.he wasnt that great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    No!

KTHXBAI
    This.

vCash
    AJ, no way. Buehrle and Konerko, absolutely. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but Frank Thomas and Konerko are ranked #1 and #2 in about every offensive category record for White Sox history. Thomas already had his retired. And if Konerko plays another year or two for the Sox, he'll probably pass The Big Hurt on a few of them.

Buehrle doesn't rank in the top 2 for most of the Sox all-time pitching categories, but he did accomplish quite a bit with the White Sox. 4 All-Star appearances, 3 gold gloves, a no hitter, a perfect game, the MLB record for most consecutive batters retired, started and won a world series game followed by a save the following game, his durability, etc. And he did it all with a fastball that rarely hit 90 mph.

They both played over 10 years for the White Sox and they both did a heck of a lot more for the team than AJ did. I like AJ and he meant a lot to the team while he was here. But Buehrle and Konerko mean way more to the organization. I think #56 and #14 will be the last 2 numbers we see retired for a long time (unless Sale keeps pitching like he has for another 10 years with the Sox, then we might see his number up on the wall too, but it's way too early and too many bad things can happen to have that discussion right now).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheCell View Post
    No. You specifically asked "how is he (they) more worthy than AJ". The question answers itself. And no, they shouldn't be respected on the same level. I like AJ, but he's nowhere near the baseball player Konerko is.
    I never compared him to Konerko or others ! I just asked whether his time as a white sox player should be remembered along with other great white sox players.

vCash
    Frank Thomas has 448 HR's with the Sox. Pauly is at 415. If he is 100% healthy next year he definitely has a shot at passing Frank. I sure as heck hope he passes him either in 13-14. Should Pauly decide to play another 3 years, than in all likely hood he would get to 500. Which should make him not only a HOFer, but a lock for a statue in front of the park!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast