Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you think A.J. Is statue or retired number Worthy ?

A.J. was dedicated hard nosed White Sox team Player and Fan Favorite I Vote " Yes "

vCash
    No. The Sox have way too many numbers retired as it is. Besides Minoso, I think retired numbers should be reserved for players in the Hall of Fame, or real close.

I'm not going to be against retiring Buehrle's 56 or Konerko's 14, but that's where I would draw the line for players that were on the championship team and played 12+ years with the Sox.

And if they ended up retiring Ozzie's 13 eventually, that's ok too. He played 13 years with the Sox and managed the only World Series winning team in what will be close to 100 years pretty soon.

vCash
    No...good player....not on that level though

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    umm no,that is reserved for all time great players for the franchise and while a fan fav...he really wasnt on that tier . can think of 10 guys ahead of him on that honer list

vCash
    A 8 year dedicated hard nosed team player with a Worlds Series ring ,which is something all of the White Sox retired number players do not have , Yet nobody thinks he is worthy to be remembered as a White Sox great ! Please don't mention Ozzie because if Al Lopez is not up there as a manager neither should Ozzie ! I did not mention Buerle or Konerko because they were not on my mind when I started this thread for A.J.
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 12-23-2012 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navysoxfan View Post
    A 8 year dedicated hard nosed team player with a Worlds Series ring ,which is something all of the White Sox retired number players do not have . Yet nobody thinks he is worthy to remembered as White Sox great ! Don't mention Ozzie because if Al Lopez is not up there as a manager neither should Ozzie and I did not mention Buerle or Konerko because they were not on my mind when I started this thread for A.J.
    so? a ring is a team accomplishment ,number retirement/statues are individual honors.hard nose is great,but that doesnt mean he's good/great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    so? a ring is a team accomplishment ,number retirement/statues are individual honors.hard nose is great,but that doesnt mean he's good/great
    let me ask you then who are the other 10 you feel are more worthy than A.J. As a White Sox all time great and have not already had their numbers retired or in the hall of Fame ?

vCash
    Honestly the only player from the 2000's that should end up with a retired number is Pauly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    Honestly the only player from the 2000's that should end up with a retired number is Pauly.
    No Doubt !

vCash
    If the Sox build a statue for AJ, that would be an embarrassment to the organization. Harold Baines was one of my favorite players and HE should have never had a statue, and he was a better player than AJ every was. And, as far as retired number, same thing. They traded away Baines TWICE and then retired his number, what a joke. And no, I don't think Buehrle should have one either. I agree with CQSox, the only player from the 2000's that should even be open for consideration is Konerko.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navysoxfan View Post
    let me ask you then who are the other 10 you feel are more worthy than A.J. As a White Sox all time great and have not already had their numbers retired or in the hall of Fame ?
    veek, wilhelm,jackson(though that will never happen),ventura,paul,mb,wynn,doby(though think all american league should),lopez(like you said),faber.

now do all of the deserve it? prob not.more than aj? heck yeah

vCash
    Tadahito should get a statue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    veek, wilhelm,jackson(though that will never happen),ventura,paul,mb,wynn,doby(though think all american league should),lopez(like you said),faber.

now do all of the deserve it? prob not.more than aj? heck yeah
    You do know a majority of the players that you mentioned are not career White Sox players, so how are they more worthy than A.J ? None them reached the top of the hill as a white sox team player or leader and none planted a World Series championship flag at the top. P.S Veek was a owner of the st.louis browns , Cleveland Indians and the White Sox twice and I really can't picture him playing any position as a player seeing he was a amputee with a peg leg prostitic that had a custom ashtray built in it . ( for real ! )
    Last edited by navysoxfan; 12-23-2012 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    To be deserving of a retired number/statue, you have to first play a minimum of 10 seasons with the team, and second be in the discussion for the HOF. Think it goes with out saying AJ doesnt end up in the HOF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    To be deserving of a retired number/statue, you have to first play a minimum of 10 seasons with the team, and second be in the discussion for the HOF. Think it goes with out saying AJ doesnt end up in the HOF.
    No way that is a official rule !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast