Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Getting Morse "cheap" will be unlikely, but it certain won't cost the Mariners a top ten prospect. The information being bandied about (and take it for what it's worth) is that the Nats want to recoup at least their "first round compensation" they would have gained IF Laroche signed with another club. The best guess at this time would be someone like Oliver Perez, Charlie Furbush or even Lucas Luetge as the primary player going to the Nats. They would also like to acquire someone as highly regarded as a deep prospect like Victor Sanchez or a PTBNL (due to his draft singing date) like Tyler Pike

Truth of the matter, Morse's best spot was just filled by Adam LaRoche: First Base. The Mariners own a minor league option on Justin Smoak, so, in spite of his strong September finish, Smoak may have to prove he's figured it out in spring training or he could be heading to Tacoma.

There may be more trades that could come to pass before the start of ST, but, in all likelihood, the trade for Mike Morse would END the Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Upton speculative trades.. or would it?
    No thanks. One year of a good hitter, ****** defender isnt worth either of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    What? Are we talking about the same person?

Wells is the perfect 4th OF, much better than Bay, Ibanez, Peguero and Thames.

If we find him a platoon, we can get great production. ****, he and Garrett Jones would combine for a .880 OPS.
    We have a OF full of 4th and 5th OF's. Casper is poop. I want guys that should be out there every night. Not platoons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaRyan View Post
    When they were only interested in getting a SS, you're probably right.

If they are interested in young pitching, we have lots of options.

Upton is a solid outfielder, Morse is basically DH only and laughable in the outfield. The M's roster currently couldn't handle another DH type.
    They are interested in 3B. Any deal for Upton will probably start with Seager, Paxton, Hueltzen and maybe Franklin. I think it's very possible (based on local radio chatter down here) that they could get Upton and still keep Walker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seasun62 View Post
    They are interested in 3B. Any deal for Upton will probably start with Seager, Paxton, Hueltzen and maybe Franklin. I think it's very possible (based on local radio chatter down here) that they could get Upton and still keep Walker.
    Man that is steep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    We have a OF full of 4th and 5th OF's. Casper is poop. I want guys that should be out there every night. Not platoons.
    But Casper is far from the worst of those guys you named. In no way are Peguero, Thames etc better than wells.

And thats a pretty outdated assumption that is often made. That platoons are stupid and are only good for old DHs.

What is wrong with an .880 OPS from a platoon? Just cause its a platoon? It shouldnt matter where the production comes from as long as its there.

vCash
    Man that is steep.
    I may have overshot his value. It could be Paxton OR Hueltzen or possibly subbing Mauer in for one of them. I do know their primary MLB target is 3B. Making Seager a big part of the deal. Thinking about it from AZ's point of view. If Seager hits as well as he did in Seattle then you'd think those numbers could jump considerably here where the air is lighter and the ball carries well.

vCash
    I think Seager, Hultzen, Franklin is more accurate.

vCash
    No thanks. One year of a good hitter, ****** defender isnt worth either of them
    so that's a no to curtis granderson?

vCash
    Granderson isn't close to as bad as Morse. Not even remotely.
    I'm In.

vCash
    And I am fine with a package with those guys involved. That is what I consider to be cheap.
    Okay.That's good.. everyone has a different valuation for a prospect. IMHO, a guy like Victor Sanchez could be a HUGE loss to absorb for a one year rental like Morse. The context to the situation, the M's stockpile of power arms in the minors may not allow for an appraisl of VS quite so prominently..

vCash
    Yeah, Id take Grandy. In fact I want us to look at him next year as a secondary piece to add some pop in LF.

But I still wouldnt give up Sanchez for him. It doesnt make sense to trade him at all really, cause we would be selling low as he is young and still unproven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seasun62 View Post
    I may have overshot his value. It could be Paxton OR Hueltzen or possibly subbing Mauer in for one of them. I do know their primary MLB target is 3B. Making Seager a big part of the deal. Thinking about it from AZ's point of view. If Seager hits as well as he did in Seattle then you'd think those numbers could jump considerably here where the air is lighter and the ball carries well.
    As long as only Franklin is considered for trade out of the Mariners top five should a deal for J-Up be done. The fact of the matter is, he's just not that good..

and

Please.. don't go into relative park factor as it relates to home and road splits.. it's a mighty sensitive subject for Jej...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    As long as only Franklin is considered for trade out of the Mariners top five should a deal for J-Up be done. The fact of the matter is, he's just not that good..

and

Please.. don't go into relative park factor as it relates to home and road splits.. it's a mighty sensitive subject for Jej...
    Why are you even here? We dont like you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    Then why in the world are we not in constant contact with the D'backs harassing them to the point they say fine, take him we don't want to talk to you anymore! This is the approach I would take as a GM! LOL
    Because that's not how it works.
    That's how the Seahawks landed Lynch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    im guessing that if morse is in smoak is gone.
    That's the only way he'd make any sense at all to me. Morse was a good idea before they landed Morales, now he's just not a fit.

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast