Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 1004
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    I just don't see us matching up with the D'Backs for a trade. It seems more like Morse would be a better fit for us right now. The M's seem very hesitant to get rid of any of their specs right now and their is no way the D'backs trade Upton without getting a haul.
    Morse really isn't a good fit he has no Defensive position and Montero is our DH.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    93
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    I just don't see us matching up with the D'Backs for a trade. It seems more like Morse would be a better fit for us right now. The M's seem very hesitant to get rid of any of their specs right now and their is no way the D'backs trade Upton without getting a haul.
    When they were only interested in getting a SS, you're probably right.

    The Diamondbacks have felt they have a good potential trade match with Seattle for Justin Upton. But remember: They're on his no-trade list.

    -Buster Olney, Twitter
    If they are interested in young pitching, we have lots of options.

    Upton is a solid outfielder, Morse is basically DH only and laughable in the outfield. The M's roster currently couldn't handle another DH type.

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    492
    vCash
    1500
    Then why in the world are we not in constant contact with the D'backs harassing them to the point they say fine, take him we don't want to talk to you anymore! This is the approach I would take as a GM! LOL

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,654
    vCash
    1500
    Because that's not how it works.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  5. #740
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,035
    vCash
    1500
    Wonder if its a 3 team deal and we are after somebody else i don't see why Upton would waive his no trade clause i get that players do that for $ reasons but i think some hitters don't want to come and hit here and possibly ruin there career.

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,654
    vCash
    1500
    Sometimes its for leverage.

    I doubt he is loving playing in AZ right now either so who knows.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  7. #742
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    93
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Wonder if its a 3 team deal and we are after somebody else i don't see why Upton would waive his no trade clause i get that players do that for $ reasons but i think some hitters don't want to come and hit here and possibly ruin there career.
    Yes, hitters' stats are worse in Safeco than other parks. But I think GM's (and agents) are smart enough to know that. As good as baseball metrics have become, we still can't exactly account for the weather and stadiums. Good hitters are still good hitters, regardless of what a park does to them. Realize that ALL players will suffer when playing in Safeco just like ALL players will benefit from Yankee Stadium.

    Not as attractive stats don't mean their career is ruined, it just means they played in a run suppressing park.

    That being said, yes I can still see players not wanting to play in Seattle, but I imagine it would be more due to money, living here and wanting to win.
    Last edited by LegendaRyan; 01-08-2013 at 04:02 PM.

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Morse really isn't a good fit he has no Defensive position and Montero is our DH.
    Morse in RF > Bay, Ibanez, Pequero, Thames. Both offensively and defensively.

    Morse, and our big three > A overrated bat and losing 2 of these guys.

    Unless we can get Stanton or Upton, I am fine with getting Morse for cheap and running with Morales, Morse, and Montero in the middle of our lineup. Saunders, and Ackley at the top. Seager and Smoak on the back end. Not too shabby.

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,646
    vCash
    1500
    im guessing that if morse is in smoak is gone.

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Morse in RF > Bay, Ibanez, Pequero, Thames. Both offensively and defensively.

    Morse, and our big three > A overrated bat and losing 2 of these guys.

    Unless we can get Stanton or Upton, I am fine with getting Morse for cheap and running with Morales, Morse, and Montero in the middle of our lineup. Saunders, and Ackley at the top. Seager and Smoak on the back end. Not too shabby.
    I am not sure about that. UZR of -6.5, -13, and -8.9 the last three years, and the general consensus is that he belongs at first.

    You left off Wells, who is for sure a better defender
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  11. #746
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    im guessing that if morse is in smoak is gone.
    Why? Its not like that would make for a full time spot for Morse, and he should be a full time player.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  12. #747
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I am not sure about that. UZR of -6.5, -13, and -8.9 the last three years, and the general consensus is that he belongs at first.

    You left off Wells, who is for sure a better defender
    Not trading for Morse for his glove. We have too many guys that can field but not hit. Wells has no business on our roster. If we keep guys like him around we will never get better. Unless he is a platoon with Guti. We can't afford to run them both out there every day. Some times you take a hit on defense to get the .300 BA and 30 homer pop in your lineup. And Washington has a good sized park so I think he would hit just as well here. I doubt we get him, but if we do for the right price I am fine with it. I know he isn't a gold glover but I think he has more range than some of what we have on our roster. But half of what we have on our roster shouldnt be here. Our OF is a joke.

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    3,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Morse in RF > Bay, Ibanez, Pequero, Thames. Both offensively and defensively.

    Morse, and our big three > A overrated bat and losing 2 of these guys.

    Unless we can get Stanton or Upton, I am fine with getting Morse for cheap and running with Morales, Morse, and Montero in the middle of our lineup. Saunders, and Ackley at the top. Seager and Smoak on the back end. Not too shabby.
    Getting Morse "cheap" will be unlikely, but it certain won't cost the Mariners a top ten prospect. The information being bandied about (and take it for what it's worth) is that the Nats want to recoup at least their "first round compensation" they would have gained IF Laroche signed with another club. The best guess at this time would be someone like Oliver Perez, Charlie Furbush or even Lucas Luetge as the primary player going to the Nats. They would also like to acquire someone as highly regarded as a deep prospect like Victor Sanchez or a PTBNL (due to his draft singing date) like Tyler Pike

    Truth of the matter, Morse's best spot was just filled by Adam LaRoche: First Base. The Mariners own a minor league option on Justin Smoak, so, in spite of his strong September finish, Smoak may have to prove he's figured it out in spring training or he could be heading to Tacoma.

    There may be more trades that could come to pass before the start of ST, but, in all likelihood, the trade for Mike Morse would END the Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Upton speculative trades.. or would it?

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Not trading for Morse for his glove. We have too many guys that can field but not hit. Wells has no business on our roster. If we keep guys like him around we will never get better. Unless he is a platoon with Guti. We can't afford to run them both out there every day. Some times you take a hit on defense to get the .300 BA and 30 homer pop in your lineup. And Washington has a good sized park so I think he would hit just as well here. I doubt we get him, but if we do for the right price I am fine with it. I know he isn't a gold glover but I think he has more range than some of what we have on our roster. But half of what we have on our roster shouldnt be here. Our OF is a joke.
    What? Are we talking about the same person?

    Wells is the perfect 4th OF, much better than Bay, Ibanez, Peguero and Thames.

    If we find him a platoon, we can get great production. ****, he and Garrett Jones would combine for a .880 OPS.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  15. #750
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Getting Morse "cheap" will be unlikely, but it certain won't cost the Mariners a top ten prospect. The information being bandied about (and take it for what it's worth) is that the Nats want to recoup at least their "first round compensation" they would have gained IF Laroche signed with another club. The best guess at this time would be someone like Oliver Perez, Charlie Furbush or even Lucas Luetge as the primary player going to the Nats. They would also like to acquire someone as highly regarded as a deep prospect like Victor Sanchez or a PTBNL (due to his draft singing date) like Tyler Pike

    Truth of the matter, Morse's best spot was just filled by Adam LaRoche: First Base. The Mariners own a minor league option on Justin Smoak, so, in spite of his strong September finish, Smoak may have to prove he's figured it out in spring training or he could be heading to Tacoma.

    There may be more trades that could come to pass before the start of ST, but, in all likelihood, the trade for Mike Morse would END the Giancarlo Stanton and Justin Upton speculative trades.. or would it?
    And I am fine with a package with those guys involved. That is what I consider to be cheap.

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •