Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Anybody in here go to spring training. I've been wanting to get down there the last few yrs and haven't had time. I would really like to go soon.

vCash
    I should clarify that when I say prototypical MOTO bat I'm thinking about who I want batting 4th. I still consider 5th as a MOTO bat, which is where I would like to put Upton. But I want MOTO bat with the most power overall batting 4th, and I would hope to have someone better than Upton filling that desire. I mean let's be honest that Upton is not the next Junior. I'll take bets from anyone on Upton never producing at the level Junior did. I don't think Upton will ever hit 40+ HRs. I think he'll be lucky to hit 35+ more than twice in his career. And I would bet that he will be below 30 HRs more often than not in his career.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I would say David Wright is a MOTO bat and he only hit .301 with 21 home runs last season.
    A MOTO bat yes, but he's a weak MOTO bat... you wouldn't want him batting 4th... you would hope to have someone better... right?

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    How many teams actually have a 40 HR bat tho? It's not like every team has one and they are just lying around everywhere.

It's a nice luxury to have, but I don't think you have to hit 40 HR to be a good cleanup guy. Like I said before, HR are nice, but you have to do more than that to he a great hitter
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    David Wright could hit at any spot in the lineup and be VERY good. I'd hit David Wright fourth in any lineup in baseball comfortably.

Then again, I don't think there's a huge difference in where a guy hits. As long as it's not a huge difference 2/8.
    I'm In.

vCash
    If the Ms were to trade for Upton, then sign Grandy next offseason, would you hit Grandy 4th because he hits more HR, even tho most every other category will be lower?

Say Upton hits .280/.345/.480 with 25 HR, and Grandy hits .240/.325/.490 with 33 HR, who do you hit cleanup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Anybody in here go to spring training. I've been wanting to get down there the last few yrs and haven't had time. I would really like to go soon.
    I haven't gone for about 6 years but it was a blast the last time I went. I have been wanting to go again but could never get the time off. I would love to go for 2 weeks. Best bet is to find a vacation home so you don't have to pay for a hotel. When we went, a buddy of mine had a house down there and let us stay in it. Was his winter home so to speak lol. He sold it so I don't go anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    If the Ms were to trade for Upton, then sign Grandy next offseason, would you hit Grandy 4th because he hits more HR, even tho most every other category will be lower?

Say Upton hits .280/.345/.480 with 25 HR, and Grandy hits .240/.325/.490 with 33 HR, who do you hit cleanup?
    1.Ackley 2B
    2.Jaso C
    3.Seager 3B
    4.Upton RF
    5.Montero DH
    6.Morales 1B
    7.Granderson LF
    8.Saunders CF
    9.Ryan SS

BOOM!

Hard for me to have Granderson any higher than 7.

I'll take it though.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    I haven't gone for about 6 years but it was a blast the last time I went. I have been wanting to go again but could never get the time off. I would love to go for 2 weeks. Best bet is to find a vacation home so you don't have to pay for a hotel. When we went, a buddy of mine had a house down there and let us stay in it. Was his winter home so to speak lol. He sold it so I don't go anymore.
    What does it cost for tickets to a game usually?

I've always wanted to go to ST for like a week and see a game every day.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    1.Ackley 2B
    2.Jaso C
    3.Seager 3B
    4.Upton RF
    5.Montero DH
    6.Morales 1B
    7.Granderson LF
    8.Saunders CF
    9.Ryan SS

BOOM!

Hard for me to have Granderson any higher than 7.

I'll take it though.
    Zunino would probably be up then too since its next year. That team kicks some ***. Especially if we keep Walker and one of Paxton/Maurer

vCash
    Zunino would probably be up then too since its next year. That team kicks some ***. Especially if we keep Walker and one of Paxton/Maurer

RHP:

1. Ackley 2B
    2. Seager 3B
    3. Morales 1B
    4. Upton RF
    5. Montero DH
    6. Zunino C
    7. Granderson LF
    8. Saunders CF
    9. Ryan SS

LHP:

**** it...Same thing.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    I think he will get there. It took Adam Jones a while to get to where he has been the last 2 season. Upton is I think a better talent with a much higher ceiling than Jones. I think this could be the year he gets it going if he is still in Arizona for sure. If he gets traded I don't know if that would change anything or not. Anyone figure out if we were on his no trade list for sure or not?
    i would say upton has more talent and a higher upside but not by much, jones is a stud... the difference is intangibles, jones gets in better shape and is a better pro, i think he cares more and better teammate.

thats my problem w/ upton, the splits can be a concern but his talent overrides that IMO, gibson is one of the best managers in the game and doesnt want him (speaks volumes to me), his bro has been a disappointment and he looks to be headed down that route.

definitely a supreme talent, even a disappointing season for him makes us better, a prime season he takes us to the playoffs, but im on the no dealing T walker bandwagon, unless maybe they are sending goldschmidt too.

vCash
    Has anyone seen anything more from JAC trying to backpedal or anything?

vCash
    Has anyone seen anything more from JAC trying to backpedal or anything?
    All he said was that he never specified it was even Ethier. But with Buster Olney reporting the Mariners contacting the Dodgers about Ethier, I think he might have actually had some info.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Oh. I still think he made it seem closer than it actually was. He started throwing out names and saying 4 from us and 3 from them, yet he then said that he didnt know for sure that it was Ethier.

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast