Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    screw bourn.

vCash
    Forgot about the pick. That makes it a big N-O for me too.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    that QO is killing him, he cant even take it anymore. i bet he is hoping for a 1 year deal and play the FA game again next yaer

vCash
    i forgot about the lost pick too but im not to possessive of it, id still go $11m per for 3 to 4yrs. value is value.

maybe trade guti+pryor/capps for morse and sign bourn, sign an SP... that'd be pretty sharp IMO.

vCash
    Guti doesnt really help the Nats. He is a 4th OF there.

I am not down to get desperate and give up a pick for a 30 year old lead off man who gets most of his value from his D. Just keep Gutii

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Guti doesnt really help the Nats. He is a 4th OF there.

I am not down to get desperate and give up a pick for a 30 year old lead off man who gets most of his value from his D. Just keep Gutii
    presuming they sign laroche, morse comes off there bench anyways.

vCash
    Yeah, but they can get something they actually need for him...

vCash
    I am not a Franklin fan at all really. I think he is super overrated and is destined to be an average 2B.

I just dont like having 2 lineup spots to have to fill, along with losing our future #2, #4 (who could be a #3/2) and possible starting infielder.

Seager and Saunders may not be great, but they were the 2nd and 3rd best hitters last year, are cheap, young and play solid defense. Pretty soon we have to think about money to fill their spots as well and extend Felix etc.
    Agreed on Franklin, good time to sell somewhat high on him, especially with the depth of our farm there.

Trading Seager and Saunders for Stanton only creates a new hole at 3B...

2nd and 3rd best hitters on one of the worst offensive clubs in baseball doesn't say much. Its one time to step out of the Mariners batters box and compare them to the rest of the league... just in the AL West they would both be 6th and 7th with the Angels, 3rd and 4th with the A's (no surprise), about 4th/5th/6th with the Rangers, and lets just say the Astros would cream their pants to have both last year. Stanton would be tops on each of those teams, except second to Trout, and not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Man, I think Seager played near his ceiling and am not a huge Saunders fan. But, I don't think I do that trade.

Franklin may be blocked by Ackley (for those that don't see him as a SS) but I think he's got the potential to be a top flight 2B.

Ugh. Tough one to evaluate.
    Agreed on Seager, albeit I think he's got .270-.280 AVG (with regularity) hiding in him, and potential to go above on occasion down the road. But I think we saw more power than he'll usually show.

My problem with Franklin is I don't think he's the best SS/2B on the farm, especially if none of them are good defensive SS's that have to move to 2B. It makes him very expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I'm really not interested in tying up any money in Bourn until another MOTO bat is obtained. I think the M's need to remain as flexible as possible until they find a big time hitter to pounce on.
    If we land Stanton I would start to consider Bourn and giving up the pick... if he would sign for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    maybe trade guti+pryor/capps for morse and sign bourn, sign an SP... that'd be pretty sharp IMO.
    Right now I'm pretty meh about trading for Morse... he sucks in the OF, and we already have too many guys at the 1B/DH logjam. If he could even sniff being league average in the OF I might think about it more. But otherwise I prefer to save the trade bait and start Wells and Guti, and play with the 1B/DH logjam we already have.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    The thing people need to realize is that no team will successfully trade for Stanton right now without overpaying to some degree. Sure, that exact degree does ultimately matter, but maybe not as much as some are worried about.

Two things that make me like the idea of us getting Stanton is that we can trade from positional depth, almost across the board. They think Franklin is a top spec? They can have him... we have Miller, Taylor, DeCarlo, Lopes, Romero, hell even Triunfel. I won't flinch about giving them Franklin.

I also won't flinch about giving them Walker, because I know the trade doesn't happen otherwise... 99% sure it doesn't get done without him. So if you want Stanton, then goodbye Walker. Sad, yes, but I can handle it.

I think if they get Walker and Franklin, we can add Paxton and keep Hultzen. They're gonna GET three top specs one way or the other, from some team, so I can handle this. Again, SP is a position of depth for this club right now, and Walker is a couple years off anyway. I think Paxton is a couple years from sniffing MLB success anyway... he's got stuff to work on first, albeit he may do that in the majors.

But to get the trade done we're going to have to overpay, just as any club would. Its not just his talent, its also the cheap years of control. To sign an equal caliber player to a four year contract would be, what, 4yr/100M...? Maybe more? He may get paid 15-20M in the next four years through arbitration, but we're saving 80M+??

What would you trade for Stanton if he had 4/100 remaining on his contract right now?

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    For me, as sad as it is, the hardest part is not what we are losing on the field, it's that I bought a Saunders game worn jersey, and Seager gave me his bat.. Stupid sentimental shot like that

vCash
    For me, as sad as it is, the hardest part is not what we are losing on the field, it's that I bought a Saunders game worn jersey, and Seager gave me his bat.. Stupid sentimental shot like that
    Ehh, its about the memories... I never got rid of my Junior baseball cards... still have every single one I've ever owned...

vCash
    But I was looking forward to so many more..lol

vCash
    But I was looking forward to so many more..lol
    If I had to guess, neither are going anywhere.

Imagine how crushed us older guys were when Junior, Unit, and Arod left us.

Disclaimer: they're older than me.

vCash
    Brodie, that was ****ing brutal. I was heartbroken.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    If I had to guess, neither are going anywhere.

Imagine how crushed us older guys were when Junior, Unit, and Arod left us.

Disclaimer: they're older than me.

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast