Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Didnt you say heis coming to the Ms? Who cares what he is in a poor rotation. He isn't a number 2 caliber pitcher.

Because then we have 2 more spots to try to fill, one of them very difficult to find.

Walker, Seager, Saunders, Franklin and Paxton is not worth it anymore IMO for Stanton, which who is who I assume you are talking about.
    Eh, I'm still on board to make that trade. I don't overvalue players just because they are in the majors (Seager/Saunders), and in trading Walker, Franklin and Paxton I think we are selling high on Franklin and Paxton. Walker is the biggest loss, but he seals the deal... actually, I should say that he gets the trade talks started.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Man, I think Seager played near his ceiling and am not a huge Saunders fan. But, I don't think I do that trade.

Franklin may be blocked by Ackley (for those that don't see him as a SS) but I think he's got the potential to be a top flight 2B.

Ugh. Tough one to evaluate.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I am not a Franklin fan at all really. I think he is super overrated and is destined to be an average 2B.

I just dont like having 2 lineup spots to have to fill, along with losing our future #2, #4 (who could be a #3/2) and possible starting infielder.

Seager and Saunders may not be great, but they were the 2nd and 3rd best hitters last year, are cheap, young and play solid defense. Pretty soon we have to think about money to fill their spots as well and extend Felix etc.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Eh, I'm still on board to make that trade. I don't overvalue players just because they are in the majors (Seager/Saunders), and in trading Walker, Franklin and Paxton I think we are selling high on Franklin and Paxton. Walker is the biggest loss, but he seals the deal... actually, I should say that he gets the trade talks started.
    i think im on board too as long as we get a dobbs/rugggiano or preferably both, i know it sounds dumb to make a stanton deal contingent on these guys coming over but i think its justified. and we can throw in a beavan or noesi or low level spec or 2 (guys we dont care about), for guys that have similar non value to them. still dont think stanton is moving but makes interesting conversation.

i think saunders can be a top 20 OFer in baseball this year, i dont see seager going up or down much, but he can find a job starting on any big league team so you have to respect that. franklin i am mixed on, dont know if he will be a #2 hitter or 9 hole guy, ive heard stephen drew comparisons which seems fair but on the high side and that makes him quite valuable, he needs to develop physically tho, he still looks like a teenager minus the joe mauer side burns. and hes got to hit RH soon, time is ticking, maybe he goes to LH only?

Franklin has position questions, RH hitting issues, and we are deep at his position and still regarded as a top spec. great time to deal him, but if he progresses and we dont we'll be glad.

vCash
    Yeah, I think Seager might be maxed out. If he did make a big jump in obp though, he may go to a couple allstar games.

vCash
    Hey Ian, I am gonna use some of the WAR values you used on page 27 for my next blog/article I'm doing if thats cool with you.

Not going to steal your words or anything, just pretty much the format you used and some of the WARs that you used.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Yeah, I think Seager might be maxed out. If he did make a big jump in obp though, he may go to a couple allstar games.
    He made an absurd jump.

In August 2014:

.301/.387./.485, 19 HR, 4.7 WAR
    I'm In.

vCash
    No problem. I take it you saw them as reasonable?

Also, PM me your blog.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    No problem. I take it you saw them as reasonable?

Also, PM me your blog.
    Yeah, I thought they made a lot of sense. Big reason I am more OK with the trade now.

vCash
    what about a more realistic topic, michael bourn... i know hes not the MOTO guy we need and all want but he can still add to our offense and D... we are not exactly settled at the leadoff spot....and as much as boras is fighting against it, his market has diminished, if everyone projected swisher as more valuable at the beginning of FA, why cant 3/45m-4/55m make it work? i wouldnt be mad at it, not seeing any other options for MOTO except for the pipedream fantasies. and he'd be the best leadoff out there.

i think 1 of 2 reasons it hasnt happened.... too similar to figgy deal, and still not done seeking MOTO bat.

vCash
    I wouldnt do more than $10M a season personally. Just too similar to Figgy, and isnt a very good hitter.

2/20 would be my max. Not a fan.

vCash
    RH
    bourn CF
    saunders RF
    jaso C
    morales DH
    seager 3b
    montero DH
    raul LF
    ackley 2b
    ryan SS

vs LHP
    bourn CF
    saunders LF
    montero C
    morales DH
    seager 3b
    casper RF
    smoak 1b
    ackley 2b
    ryan ss

even with bourn, its crazy all the warts in our lineup.... still dumbfounded at signing raul for $2.7m.

vCash
    Bourn got a qualifying offer didn't he? I think that is why he hasn't signed. I wouldn't lose a pick to sign him even if he took a huge pay cut. I could be wrong though.

vCash
    I'm really not interested in tying up any money in Bourn until another MOTO bat is obtained. I think the M's need to remain as flexible as possible until they find a big time hitter to pounce on.

vCash
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19297

My god some of these are bad. Holy hell people are dumbasses.

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast