Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Asdrubal Cabrera would be a really good 2-hole hitter (he's also hit lead off as well as in the three-hole).. He's a veteran that handles the bat very well going the other way or hitting behind the runner, he can lay down a bunt, and has enough pop to be able to hit a few out while still getting his share of doubles.. He'd be perfect in that role for the M's. He would turn the SS position for the M's from an offensive wasteland to one of the top three offensive producers in the AL..

He's also under team control at a reasonable price ( $ 8 MM/year for two years) thereby allowing one of the M's top prospects, Nick Franklin, time to develop, properly. A trade between the Indians and Mariners is a very good fit...
    His bat would be nice if he were a good shortstop. He's actually pretty bad there and I'm not comfortable with a below average defender at shortstop.

I'd rather leave Brendan Ryan in there and take nothing from his bat than have a bad defender.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    His bat would be nice if he were a good shortstop. He's actually pretty bad there and I'm not comfortable with a below average defender at shortstop.

I'd rather leave Brendan Ryan in there and take nothing from his bat than have a bad defender.
    Defensive metrics to evaluate a player are so poor.. Keeping a sub-mendoza line defender instead of a real player is myopic..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    I don't know. It depends on the +. If its VCat or Romero then maybe.

Actually, I might be ok with that. Cause we still have Hultzen, Maurer, Erasmo and Sanchez. Plus we could sign one too.
    i think the ++ would have to be one or 2 of saunders, seager, ackley, ryan to go along w/ walker, paxton, franklin....

id still do it but dont know if MIA would. stanton might be the very best asset in the game, you can put poo around him and the lineup will still be decent at the very least, and he gets other guys to want to come here. considering he is still years away from peaking. the raw power is incredible. and a solid defender, OB and baserunner.

a felix, stanton team .... total pipe dream tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i think the ++ would have to be one or 2 of saunders, seager, ackley, ryan to go along w/ walker, paxton, franklin....

id still do it but dont know if MIA would. stanton might be the very best asset in the game, you can put poo around him and the lineup will still be decent at the very least, and he gets other guys to want to come here. considering he is still years away from peaking. the raw power is incredible. and a solid defender, OB and baserunner.

a felix, stanton team .... total pipe dream tho.
    If that's what it takes then no way. Especially not two of them. No one player is worth that. As good as he is, one player is not worth 5 guys who should be/are above average.

Say he is a 7 WAR guy for the most part. We are trading Taijuan, a potential #2 who could be good for 4-5 WAR a year, Franklin who could be good for 3+ WAR a year, Paxton who could be worth 3+ WAR a year, Seager who was already worth 3.5 WAR, AND Saunders/Ackley who should both be around 3+ WAR or more for Ackley.

We lose like 8-10 wins. Obviously some of those guys are unproven and we don't know for sure if that's what they give us. But on the other hand, they could give us more than that.

We lost that trade, and hard. We cant trade away two current starters and 3 top specs for one player. No one is worth that much. That can kill a team. We then have 2 offensive spots to fill this year, along with 2 rotation spots in the future.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Defensive metrics to evaluate a player are so poor.. Keeping a sub-mendoza line defender instead of a real player is myopic..
    I'm sorry you feel that way but Brendan Ryan was almost worth 2 WAR last season despite his horrendous bat.

In fact, he had a higher BR WAR than Asdrubal last season

Facepalm it all you want. I'm sorry your organization values a bat over a competent defender at the major important position on the field.

Look where it got you guys.
    Look where Ryan got us.

Now look at the trade cost for Cabrera.

Yeah, no thanks.
    I'm In.

vCash
    In the article I posted, Bowden suggested Profar, Olt and Perez for Stanton AND Nolasco.

Obviously he doesnt know everything but do you really think it would take Walker, Franklin, Paxton and Seager+?

vCash
    In the article I posted, Bowden suggested Profar, Olt and Perez for Stanton AND Nolasco.

Obviously he doesnt know everything but do you really think it would take Walker, Franklin, Paxton and Seager+?
    who knows, they might covet profar more than walker and not want to deal nolasco... i kinda lean toward FLA is in the same boat as we have been w/ felix the last 3yrs...we are talking about an irreplaceable asset. it can be 20 years before they draft an OF w/ this kinda ceiling....

screw the back and forth tactics, i think Ms should figure out the most possibly they would want to deal and offer it, if they dont want it move on.

vCash

Bedard trade 2.0.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Bedard trade 2.0.
    Could be. Obviously Stanton>Bedard, but so is what we are giving up.

I love Stanton and having him in the 4 hole for years woul be awesome. But I'm not willing to give up my future #2, #4, starting SS (maybe 2B?), and two of the current starting LF, 3B and 2B.

All that does is create more holes. We need to get a legit bat without losing what we already have. We are one legit bat away with what we have now. Not with this team minus Seager and Saunders.

Offer Walker, Franklin, Paxton, Romero. But keep what we have already.

vCash

That just tells me that Bowden is an idiot.

I think the scenario for us is more likely to get a deal done. I do not like it at all

Then again, I think Olt, Perez and Profar are overrated.
    I'm In.

vCash

I love Stanton and having him in the 4 hole for years woul be awesome. But I'm not willing to give up my future #2, #4, starting SS (maybe 2B?), and two of the current starting LF, 3B and 2B.

All that does is create more holes. We need to get a legit bat without losing what we already have. We are one legit bat away with what we have now. Not with this team minus Seager and Saunders.

This is a deal id probably do.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I would too, but MIA probably wouldn't.

I just hope we aren't desperate enough to cave in to what they would want.

Anyone have ESPN insider to see what the other proposals from Bowden were?

vCash

i agree with that. as much as i have not been a fan of our offseason i like that all the specs are still in the org and i really think our model looks very similar to SF, prolly a year away tho

hopefully 2014; felix, iwakuma, hulzen, walker, paxton, will be on board

by than, montero, zunino could = posey, pablo

if stanton is out there, lets make our aggressive offer and move on from it, i wont hold my breath. would LOVE to throw ackley in that package tho

vCash
    Why would you love to trade Ackley? That just doesn't make sense. Being open to it is one thing, hoping it happens is different.

What do we do for 2nd and at leadoff then?

vCash
    Why would you love to trade Ackley? That just doesn't make sense. Being open to it is one thing, hoping it happens is different.

What do we do for 2nd and at leadoff then?
    its not that id love to trade ackley but if we have to deal from seager, saunders, franklin, miller, ackley to get a bat id prefer it to be ackley. i dont see him as a leadoff, i see him as a 7-9 hitter.

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast