Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hahaha ok

vCash
    Smoak has shown a lack of power and major holes in his swing. Besides trolling us at the end of every season, he has sucked.

Convince me to give you another shot by killing it in AAA, Smoak.

vCash
    Willie, you see the thing that said with fences moved, Smoak had an extra 12 HR?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yeah, Smoak has pop and gets on base at a pretty high rate considering his average. Those are positive things. If he can make better contact and hit offspeed pitches, we are back in business.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I don't think we need a catcher anymore. In fact, I don't think we have room for one.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Then its either Smoak or Jaso/Raul getting those ABs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Willie, you see the thing that said with fences moved, Smoak had an extra 12 HR?
    That is encouraging. I am pulling for the guy to figure it out, I have just never been a fan/believer in his talent since he has got here. It's been ugly to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Yeah, Smoak has pop and gets on base at a pretty high rate considering his average. Those are positive things. If he can make better contact and hit offspeed pitches, we are back in business.
    Smoak has pop? naw... He has YET to show the pop that made him a solid draft pick. Will he ever show the power? I hope.

Show me improvement with contact rates, pitch selection, and power, and Ill jump on the bandwagon.

Maybe he has struggled so much because he is a switch hitter.. after all, switch hitters take a little longer to develop offensively because of the 2 different swings.

At least he finished the season with some confidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkindrublic03 View Post
    That is encouraging. I am pulling for the guy to figure it out, I have just never been a fan/believer in his talent since he has got here. It's been ugly to say the least.

Smoak has pop? naw... He has YET to show the pop that made him a solid draft pick. Will he ever show the power? I hope.

Show me improvement with contact rates, pitch selection, and power, and Ill jump on the bandwagon.

Maybe he has struggled so much because he is a switch hitter.. after all, switch hitters take a little longer to develop offensively because of the 2 different swings.

At least he finished the season with some confidence.
    19 HR despite spending time in AAA. Had he been up the whole year he would have led the team.

Then you can add 12 with the fences in? Thats over 30. I would call that pop.

vCash
    19 HR despite spending time in AAA. Had he been up the whole year he would have led the team.

Yeah.. except he didn't hit 30 and he spent time in AAA last year. So just read my last post and we can hope for the best from Smoak in 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I don't think we need a catcher anymore. In fact, I don't think we have room for one.
    I really don't understand how anyone can be happy with Montero as the back-up.

vCash
    I did really like his new swings at the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I did really like his new swings at the end of the year.
    Yes. Especially from the left side. Looks like he made some big adjustments/changes batting LH. RH swing pretty much looks the same as it did to begin the 2012 season.

vCash

the reason he went to AAA is bc is BA was .189.....and that time he spent in AAA he hit 0 HRs..... u guys and all your smoak fantasies, i dont think hes gonna have much of a shot unless he kills it in ST and/or injuries happen.

vCash
    Alright, then I guess you are happy with Jaso or Ibanez playing against lefties, cause thats the alternative.

vCash
    A Stanton trade remains highly unlikely, but there is a price tag. It's sky high, as it should be for a 23-year-old slugger who has 93 home runs in just 2 1/2 big-league seasons, is under control for four more years and doesn't yet command big money.

So, what is that price? From what the Marlins are telling teams, any package would need to begin with three top-level prospects (very top level) and likely would need to include two other players as well.

There's no indication that the Marlins have any motivation to move Stanton, so it's unlikely the price would drop. And that means a Stanton trade almost certainly won't happen.

The Marlins do seem more willing to listen on Ricky Nolasco, although they are insisting they don't need to trade him, either.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/da...sky-high-price

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast