Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Well to be fair I said a minor league deal. If he is hurt, it doesn't hurt us. It's a different situation than Bay. He just can't hit. Sizemore hasn't been able to show what he can do for a while
    No I get it. And that's something that I'd say would be a decent idea to evaluate midseason. But the idea of so many aging players, and especially because he has such a bad injury history....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Well yeah it's not my first option, but the way things are going it may be the kind if things we have to consider.

Imagine if he gets even close to his old form. Would be a great pickup for LF.

But again, still hoping for a big time OF thru trade.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    As of right now I'm comfortable with platooning Wells or letting him get 140+ games in the OF unless we go out and get someone.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I don't think there are many other options. I don't really care either way, but I think he should.

You can't give up on a guy that doesn't hit at 23. Doing so is ****ing ********.

No, I want us to lose forever

Trading him would be more along those lines than giving him some time to develop. Im just not gonna panic and trade everyone who doesnt hit .300 like some people want to. its ridiculous. How many people come out and hit at 23? Hell, most people aren't even up yet.
    quit putting words in other's mouths. i said nothing about trading montero.

guys that were raking at 23: butler, mauer, posey, konerko, braun, fielder, bruce, miggy, stanton, trout, mccutchen, heyward, holiday, wright, and i can go on and on.... your so used to rooting for a loser you put loser expectations and act like its asanine to put hopeful expectations on our players even if it is totally in the realm of what their peers are doing.

we traded an All Star potential Ace for montero, he had miguel cabrera comparisons and has pure hitting talent...., he better be raking this year (.800ish OPS). and for the record, i think he will.

vCash
    Me too, but we don't have anyone to platoon with him. That's what I have been saying for a while. We need to find him a platoon, figure out 1st (Smoak or Morales, whichever makes more sense) and then another OF to fill Guti's spot next year. Ellsbury, Choo, Hart, Morse or a trade.

vCash
    a guy should only be allowed to develop in the MLB if he can contribute. that is what minor leagues are for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    quit putting words in other's mouths. i said nothing about trading montero.

guys that were raking at 23: butler, mauer, posey, konerko, braun, fielder, bruce, miggy, stanton, trout, mccutchen, heyward, holiday, wright, and i can go on and on.... your so used to rooting for a loser you put loser expectations and act like its asanine to put hopeful expectations on our players even if it is totally in the realm of what their peers are doing.

we traded an All Star potential Ace for montero, he had miguel cabrera comparisons and has pure hitting talent...., he better be raking this year (.800ish OPS). and for the record, i think he will.
    Cool. There's also a lot of other people who are really good players that didnt take at 23. What's your point?

If he doesn't put up an .800 OPS in his second year at 23, I am not gonna give up on him like it seems you would. It had nothing to do with being used to losing. It's about not freaking out and jumping ship everytime something doesn't go the way we want. That's not how you run a team.

Not all of their "peers" are hitting like you want at 23. That's a massive generalization. Pick 8 stars and act like its appropriate to compare him to them and say he has to hit like they. That's not how it works.

vCash
    Heyward is supposed to he the next big thing, and he was below average in 2011. Was it time to give up? Obviously not, as he was great last year. I could probably name just as many good players who didnt hit at 23.

vCash
    Guess who show up on his Br players comps. Ryne Sandberg and Brett Lawrie.

vCash
    Cool. There's also a lot of other people who are really good players that didnt take at 23. What's your point?

If he doesn't put up an .800 OPS in his second year at 23, I am not gonna give up on him like it seems you would. It had nothing to do with being used to losing. It's about not freaking out and jumping ship everytime something doesn't go the way we want. That's not how you run a team.

Not all of their "peers" are hitting like you want at 23. That's a massive generalization. Pick 8 stars and act like its appropriate to compare him to them and say he has to hit like they. That's not how it works.
    its pointless to have dialogue when you make assumptions.

vCash
    Heyward is supposed to he the next big thing, and he was below average in 2011. Was it time to give up? Obviously not, as he was great last year. I could probably name just as many good players who didnt hit at 23.
    his shoulder was inflammed most the year, he needed cortizone shots to keep playing, everyone who followed the situation knew it had a direct impact on his season.

vCash
    its pointless to have dialogue when you make assumptions.
    Not making assumptions. You are obviously doubting his progress. And it's not like you don't make assumptions either. The fact that that's all you take out of what isaid tells me you didn't have any suitable response.

vCash
    his shoulder was inflammed most the year, he needed cortizone shots to keep playing, everyone who followed the situation knew it had a direct impact on his season.
    Ok, it's still not fair or accurate to hand pick 8 or so great players as say because he didnt do what they did, he won't succeed or whatever point you are trying to prove.

vCash
    What about jay Bruce? Apparently the reds should've given up on his a year or two in

vCash
    a guy should only be allowed to develop in the MLB if he can contribute. that is what minor leagues are for.
    That's completely untrue. In the minors they face guys throwing a very high percentage of fastballs and very inaccurate pitching. If they've proven they have a good eye and can hit the ball and play good enough defense, there's no reason for them to remain in the minors. The big league game is completely different.

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast