Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1004
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Nailed it.

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    We came to terms with Morales and Ryan today (yesterday now?). Morales gets a one year check for $5,250,000 (avoiding arb), and Ryan gets $3,250,000.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mariner...2X.BkpPHWFCLcF

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    Just thinking out loud... do we really wanna trade Smoak for Matusz...? Matusz kind of proved that he's best suited to a relief role, and more specifically a LOOGY role... which we're already kind of stocked at. For that, I'd rather just kinda wait and see if Smoak turns a corner this year... high risk, but much higher reward.

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,535
    vCash
    1500
    Vargas got $8.5m


  5. #980
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oak Harbor, Wa
    Posts
    536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Just thinking out loud... do we really wanna trade Smoak for Matusz...? Matusz kind of proved that he's best suited to a relief role, and more specifically a LOOGY role... which we're already kind of stocked at. For that, I'd rather just kinda wait and see if Smoak turns a corner this year... high risk, but much higher reward.
    I believe Matusz has already been dealt somewhere? I remember reading about it.. Don't have a link

    Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    13,118
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    I believe Matusz has already been dealt somewhere? I remember reading about it.. Don't have a link
    Nope.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  7. #982
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    4,740
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Just thinking out loud... do we really wanna trade Smoak for Matusz...? Matusz kind of proved that he's best suited to a relief role, and more specifically a LOOGY role... which we're already kind of stocked at. For that, I'd rather just kinda wait and see if Smoak turns a corner this year... high risk, but much higher reward.
    i see your point, matusz, like smoak would be on the outside looking in on this team, kinda like smoak would be in BAL, both players could use a change of scenery and friendlier confines. i happen to think matusz has a better chance to revive.

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    We came to terms with Morales and Ryan today (yesterday now?). Morales gets a one year check for $5,250,000 (avoiding arb), and Ryan gets $3,250,000.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mariner...2X.BkpPHWFCLcF
    For the record Vargas got $8.5 mil.

    Edit: Ian's all over it.
    Last edited by FWBrodie; 01-19-2013 at 05:50 PM.

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i see your point, matusz, like smoak would be on the outside looking in on this team, kinda like smoak would be in BAL, both players could use a change of scenery and friendlier confines. i happen to think matusz has a better chance to revive.
    Considering what the Mariners have and don't have in their org. (pitching, hitting), I think they'd be better off letting it ride on Smoak as opposed to a pitcher in a similar place. Also if Smoak goes somewhere else and picks up where he left off last year it would be pretty humiliating to JZ.

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    127
    vCash
    1500
    So what are the plans now? I would like one more SP than roll to ST..

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Italian_Guy View Post
    So what are the plans now? I would like one more SP than roll to ST..
    Catcher.

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,241
    vCash
    1500
    Starting pitching and catcher ^.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  13. #988
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Posts
    10,553
    vCash
    1500
    Rebuild... Again.

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Rebuild... Again.
    LOL.

    Build a giant TV to distract from the product on the field. Hydros.

  15. #990
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Posts
    10,553
    vCash
    1500
    Lmao next they'll be hiring a HOF dancing grounds crew dude.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •