Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    you have to feel for the guy tho, i mean if earl clark is playing ahead of you in a blow out you know somethings wrong
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    If you can't use him, Trade or release him for somebody you can use! I don't believe in holding a player like Jamison hostage. He wants to play and is used to playing....And he's being a good trooper now but it could become a problem later on. He is a nice vet that could get you a little something in a trade. Or release him a let him find a better situation for himself.

vCash
    Why do I get the feeling that Mike D'Antoni cannot coach a team without having someone in his doghouse?

It is stupid to discuss trading Antawn, because who knows if there will be a need for him if a player gets injured. But it was pretty lame for D'Antoni to play everyone else but him in a blowout game.

vCash
    Just don't get it. Our starting lineup should be Nash/Bryant/Jamison/Gasol/Howard everyday. How does an offensive minded coach leave a 'gun' scorer on the pine. If they struggle then rotate MWP? That's a similar team anyways? WTF. Jamison compliments very well. Again, just don't get it.

"Push off Kevin, I'm the starting PF on this team."
    "Not for long Buddy, not for long."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Just don't get it. Our starting lineup should be Nash/Bryant/Jamison/Gasol/Howard everyday. How does an offensive minded coach leave a 'gun' scorer on the pine. If they struggle then rotate MWP? That's a similar team anyways? WTF. Jamison compliments very well. Again, just don't get it.
    You said it well. I think Jamison should start as well. I cant believe Morris starts it makes me sick.

You must admit though D'Antoni is in a bit of a situation. Morris has shown to be a good defender and a guy that has the speed to get back quick and stop or halt a break. He stays in front of quick PG's. Then we have Gasol starting at PF, and Hill playing back-up PF and we need his defense, rebounding, energy, and hustle, and D'antonio likes to use Metta at the PF as well. So basically Jamison NEEDS to play the SF position where they feel he isnt quick enough. I disagree! I think Jamison can hang with any bench playing SF! Jamison should start at SF and get ATLEAST 25 min a night. We hjave this weak bench and he has the most talent on that bench but we dont play him lol its absurd and confusing.

vCash
    Yeah the guy took way less money to play here and help us win. He is our 5th-6th best payer but doesnt play.

Hello he has the 2nd most pts this year in a game with 37 behind Kobe. Tell me who else besides Howard can do that? Gasol cant even break 2o pts anymore. I really feel for him. He sacrifeced a lot to play here and help us and we stick him on the bench behind players that are awful lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Yeah the guy took way less money to play here and help us win. He is our 5th-6th best payer but doesnt play.

Hello he has the 2nd most pts this year in a game with 37 behind Kobe. Tell me who else besides Howard can do that? Gasol cant even break 2o pts anymore. I really feel for him. He sacrifeced a lot to play here and help us and we stick him on the bench behind players that are awful lol
    yea this is what bugs me the most... The man could have signed anywhere and be lighting it up right now, but took way less money to not only Win but knew he would also be off the bench. I really thought we would have seen him play in the 4th... Feel pretty bad for him, hopefully he gets a chance soon.

I would feel just as bad if we traded him.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Although I agree Jamison should be starting because Morris isn't really going to stop anyone and we get more from making teams work on the other side of the court. I think not putting him in with the scrubs was kind of out of respect for him. He deserves to be in there when it counts n getting him in there with the scrubs is a slap in the face to him. Also I was pist when JHill was gettin DNP's only to find out he wasnt 100% healthy now Jamison's comments don't lead me to believe its the same case but we are winning a little more n you gotta have a faith to let a coach run his show n see where it gets us..it's a long season better he tweaks ***** now then after the all star break ,.
    Last edited by mizo21; 12-29-2012 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Jamison's lack of playing time should not be a surprise to anyone. His teammates simply have a more positive effect on the floor-- Hill has shown to be a better defensive and rebounding rotation weapon, and Metta has been producing more efficient offensive numbers since being inserted in the PF spot. Add the fact that D'Antoni appears to be more comfortable only playing one of the twin towers duo at any given time, and you quickly see that there is a log-jam. With the team's recent success, I wouldn't be playing Antawn either.

That being said, Mike has the tendency of playing the hot hand--and if the past two games are any indication, Ron's hot hand is cooling somewhat. That may be Jamison's opening back into the rotation.
    Last edited by lakerfan3118; 12-29-2012 at 07:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post

I beg to differ. Jamison is arguably the 5th best forward/center in D'Antoni's system, in a rotation with finite minutes. Where are you going to play him?

1. Dwight(starter)
    2. Pau (starter)
    3. Artest (plays PF nowadays in rotation)
    4. Hill (better complement to Dwight/Pau defensively)
    5. Jamsion
    Last edited by lakerfan3118; 12-29-2012 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Jamison at this point in his career is a one-dimensional offensive player. How are you expecting him to score and be successful in a lineup with Kobe, Pau, and Dwight demanding touches? Whatever offensive gains you would hope to gain from Jamison in this lineup would be rendered moot by his defensive issues-- as if the Lakers don't have enough problems defending as it is. It pains me to say this, but I would rather stick with Morris.
    Last edited by lakerfan3118; 12-29-2012 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    OMG!!!

This thread is like listening to a bunch of high school little girls complaining in the stands why their boyfriends aren't playing in a game

Just like Jamison, some of you just need to put on your big girl pants and deal with it.
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    With D'Antoni playing Kobe a billion minutes a night, Pau and Steve a million minutes a night, and Dwight anywhere from a million to a billion minutes depending on foul trouble, i would imagine you could put Jamison in there for a few each night, i would like to see it.

Maybe certain nights the matchups don't permit it, but you can't tell me that you can't put this guy in there 10-15 minutes a night against 75% of the league and come out with positive results (mainly less minutes for the big 4).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    OMG!!!

This thread is like listening to a bunch of high school little girls complaining in the stands why their boyfriends aren't playing in a game

Just like Jamison, some of you just need to put on your big girl pants and deal with it.
    You really gonna argue that Ebanks and clark should get more playing time than Jamison?
    There is definitely something else going on...
    #Chow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    With D'Antoni playing Kobe a billion minutes a night, Pau and Steve a million minutes a night, and Dwight anywhere from a million to a billion minutes depending on foul trouble, i would imagine you could put Jamison in there for a few each night, i would like to see it.

Maybe certain nights the matchups don't permit it, but you can't tell me that you can't put this guy in there 10-15 minutes a night against 75% of the league and come out with positive results (mainly less minutes for the big 4).
    Maybe D'antoni is doing it to piss him off, so when he gets his chance he will go in there and play hard? lol.
    He sort of did the same thing to Hill a few weeks ago, now he's part of the rotation.
    #Chow!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast