Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't like the idea of trading Jamison, and I don't think it's a realistic option. He signed with the Lakers for less because he wants to win a championship. Plus, he doesn't have much value to anyone. He's too old to trade for prospects, and no real contender would want him.

I do think that our PF rotation would be good enough with Pau, Metta, and Jamison. Hill is valuable and rather expendable.

It would solve a lot of our problems if we could trade Hill for Dorrell Wright. He's a good shooter from range, despite his low FG% the past two seasons, his 3FG% has stayed pretty high and I'm sure his FG% overall would improve playing with Nash.

Wright is also a very active defender and athletic, so he would help in our transition defense.

vCash
    People need to just accept the fact that Antawn Jamison is this season's Troy Murphy. His career is in its twilight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshow12 View Post
    ^ LMAO screw ya'll. I hate PSD. I honestly thought they would do that trade. But whatever, guess we'll see. The overall point I'm making is we need to trade Jamison if we aren't gonna use him.
    Do we? There's room for him on the bench. What's the pressure to trade everybody who's not a vital rotation player? There's always gonna be somebody who's gotta ride the bench, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sp1derm00 View Post
    I don't like the idea of trading Jamison, and I don't think it's a realistic option. He signed with the Lakers for less because he wants to win a championship. Plus, he doesn't have much value to anyone. He's too old to trade for prospects, and no real contender would want him.

I do think that our PF rotation would be good enough with Pau, Metta, and Jamison. Hill is valuable and rather expendable.

It would solve a lot of our problems if we could trade Hill for Dorrell Wright. He's a good shooter from range, despite his low FG% the past two seasons, his 3FG% has stayed pretty high and I'm sure his FG% overall would improve playing with Nash.

Wright is also a very active defender and athletic, so he would help in our transition defense.
    I don't think Hill is expendable at all. Defends well, rebounds like a fiend, runs well, shoots well. He was a steal. In trading him, the Lakers would risk blowing the gains from that trade. Plus, he's young, and they don't have a 1st-round draft pick next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Do we? There's room for him on the bench. What's the pressure to trade everybody who's not a vital rotation player? There's always gonna be somebody who's gotta ride the bench, right?
    Because there is room for improvement. If the lakers weren't lacking in anything then I'd say just roll with what we have.

vCash
    People need to just accept the fact that Antawn Jamison is this season's Troy Murphy. His career is in its twilight.
    No way. Now Jamison is regressing due to age but he's not a garbage time player like Murphy was for us last season. Jamison at times has played well 8/4 in limited mins is decent numbers minus the liability on defense. Pringles has a different line up everygame he has no idea of what he is doing.

vCash
    do I seriously have to drag out stats for you all to understand?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...antawn-jamison

16, 19, 3, then 33, then Gasol sits otu so he starts

10, 15, 15 then 9, 3, 9, 3 and shot at his highest in those 4 games .364 didn't rebound, didn't get blocks, no energy.

the dude fell off and lost his PT, its not on D'Antoni, Jamison stopped doing what we're paying him for.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    D'Antoni still doesn't know what he's doing, he starts Eblanks then Morris. Benches Hill 3 games then plays Hill-Other examples

vCash
    i think d'antoni likes to go with the hot hand to start but i think he just needs to go with a set starting line up and adjust in game.

he found our best starting line up with metta at pf imo and then gasol came back.

sadly, its starting to look like gasol needs to go and i think it will happen and the deal will blow our minds.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    LOL!!!!

The root cause is that ESPN NBA trade machine program..... You have a few nitwits around here that play with that program like it's a video game

Hopefully some day ESPN can get their software writer to implement an "ARE YOU AN IDIOT" dialogue box that appears when outlandish trade proposals are inputted
    Wow, really uncalled for.

vCash
    Everyone knew he couldnt play defense, he was brought here to be a scorer off the bench. He hasnt done that. Averaging 6pts a game? Thats worse then shannon brown was. He starts scoring, he"ll b back out there. Untill then, play hill. Matter a fact, start hill and let gasol come off the bench.

vCash
    i don't mind trading jamison if we can package him for a better piece/s.. maybe the other reason why they're giving ebanks PT is maybe lakers are hoping other teams will get some interest in taking him..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Antawn Jamison is here to win a championship. He wants to be able to contribute to that championship by playing, not by riding the bench. It would be disrespectful to Jamison's career to have him just sit on the bench the rest of the season and do nothing or hope someone gets injured so he can play. There are other teams out there who are competing that would love Jamison! I only pitched the idea of trading him to the Bobcats, because i knew of the situation of how he wanted to be close to his children and family. That's all. It makes sense. Some folks on PSD should realize that not everyone pitches ridiculous trade ideas.

vCash
    Another thing that would have been great for us now with the new rotation, is if Grant Hill signed with us in the off-season. Oh well.

vCash

Antawn Jamison Confused About Role With Lakers

Antawn Jamison Confused About Role With Lakers

December 19 at 4:40pm CST By Chuck Myron

Antawn Jamison was in the starting lineup for the Lakers less than a week ago, but last night, coach Mike D'Antoni never brought him off the bench in a one-point win over the Bobcats. That's left Jamison puzzled about his suddenly shrinking role in L.A., he tells Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.

"Iím here to win a championship. If me not being out there improves our chances, then you have to roll with it. Of course Iím not excited about it. I want to compete. I know if Iím out there, I can contribute. But what else can you do?" the power forward said.

Jamison's signing of a one-year, minimum-salary deal in the offseason was one of the most surprising moves of the summer, since he could have been in line for much more after a season in which he was the second-leading scorer for the Cavs, at 17.2 points per game, and also the team's third-leading rebounder, notching 6.3 boards per contest. The former North Carolina Tar Heel will be a free agent again next summer, and he said that he'd like to play for the Bobcats at some point. Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer wonders whether the Lakers might just trade him to Charlotte this season if they decide they don't have a use for him (Twitter link).

D'Antoni has been tinkering with his rotation quite a bit of late, and also handed out a DNP-CD to fellow power forward Jordan Hill last night, as Pau Gasol made his return to the lineup after sitting out to rest his knees. The coach said neither Jamison nor Hill did anything to deserve their lack of playing time, and that he's just trying to figure out how best to configure the team. Hill and Jamison have both been in the starting lineup at different points this season, with Hill having made his lone start of the season on the 11th against the Cavs

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/12/a...th-lakers.html

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast