Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Antawn Jamison on play time

“I’m here to win a championship,” Jamison said. “If me not being out there improves our chances, then you have to roll with it. Of course I’m not excited about it. I want to compete. I know if I’m out there, I can contribute. But what else can you do?”

Jamison then answered his own question.

“You just have to stay positive,” Jamison said. “It’s difficult. You never know. Next week, there might be 37 minutes again. You just have to stay positive and have to ride this ship until we find out what are we going to do. Right now, we’re all confused by what’s going on.”
    http://www.lakersnation.com/antawn-j...es/2012/12/22/

Update 1:

“Fifteen years,” the Lakers forward said, recapping his career. “My only thing is let me know why. I don’t think you go from starting and 30-something minutes to not in the rotation whatsoever. And not explaining to me what exactly happened, that’s the toughest thing. There’s nothing you can do but be positive and support your teammates. The only reason I came here was they said I was going to play and to win a championship.”
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...,1728930.story

Update 2:

Jamison told the L.A. Daily News after the Portland game that his benching didn't "make sense. They're pretty much telling me my services are no longer needed."

D'Antoni said he understood why Jamison was frustrated, citing the forward's competitive nature.

"He's a great guy and he's a professional," D'Antoni said. "He understands that I'm taking a different way to go. Nothing he didn't do. He's going to keep getting ready and it will come back in his favor. He gave us some great minutes when he played, it's just that as a coach you try to figure out the puzzle. Sometimes the pieces fit, they don't fit, you like this, you like that without degrading anybody. He's great, but right now we're going in this direction and he'll be ready when we go in another direction or somebody gets hurt. Opportunities will come up."
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...kers-long-haul
    Last edited by LAKobeBryant; 12-31-2012 at 01:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    i don't know what D'Antoni is doing.
    Niether does D'Antoni
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    “You just have to stay positive,” Jamison said. “It’s difficult. You never know. Next week, there might be 37 minutes again. You just have to stay positive and have to ride this ship until we find out what are we going to do. Right now, we’re all confused by what’s going on.”

This right here sums it all up about what D'antoni is doing with this team since he took over, no one knows what's going on
    Thankfully there will be no more excuses available to him now that Nash is back, this thing needs to start working right now.

vCash
    mmm if the choice is between Hill and Jamison I'd rather roll with Hill. Jamison's too inconsistent at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    mmm if the choice is between Hill and Jamison I'd rather roll with Hill. Jamison's too inconsistent at this point.
    I'm pretty sure D'antoni said it's neither of those two before the Warriors game, Hill got his minutes because of Dwight's foul trouble.
    So it's basically Dwight, Pau and MWP, with Metta coming in as a backup PF and Gasol shifting to the center when Dwight is on the bench...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    He's on his last legs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    He's on his last legs.
    More the reason to not play him.

vCash
    People need to just accept the fact that Antawn Jamison is this season's Troy Murphy. His career is in its twilight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    People need to just accept the fact that Antawn Jamison is this season's Troy Murphy. His career is in its twilight.
    No way. Now Jamison is regressing due to age but he's not a garbage time player like Murphy was for us last season. Jamison at times has played well 8/4 in limited mins is decent numbers minus the liability on defense. Pringles has a different line up everygame he has no idea of what he is doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    http://www.lakersnation.com/antawn-j...es/2012/12/22/

He definitely needs to be in the rotation, i don't know what D'Antoni is doing.
    I would rather have Gasol, Howard, Hill, and Artest playing then Jamison. I'm sure Jamision will get another shot and when he does he needs to take advantage of it. Like Hill is.

vCash
    Patience, Twan will et another chance, let's hope he's ready when his # is called.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    He is just too much of a liability on D. For him to be in the rotation he needs to consistently score as that makes up for his lack of D. If he doesn't score then he hurts us more than helping us by leaking more points on the other end. Personally I like Jamison but I understand why Dantoni put him out of the rotation. While Hill isn't as offensively skilled he brings energy hustle and plays better D. Pau can also be liability on D but he can somewhat make up for it with his passing and rebounding. Metta can play decent D on most PFs and has been scoring very well so he has secured the stretch 4 role for now. However with Nash back now Jamison possibly might get some limited minutes due to his ability to cut and slash. If he doesn't though it's good to have someone on the bench who could be called on if others are finding it rough offensively. It is up to him to take his chance when he gets it and I hope he can.

vCash
    We have to get Hill and Jamison both in the game on a regular basis...because of the
    energy and scoring that each brings to team. I think it will eventually get figured out, but how many losses it will take to get there is anyone's guess with D'Antoni as coach.

vCash
    Jamison had every opportunity to demonstrate his value to the team. His performances were lackluster and erratic, and we clearly already have enough players who embody those traits.

He needs to get focused on what he's going to contribute when he comes off the bench, and he needs to demonstrate that consistently in limited minutes.

And defense. It's all about the defense, and every player needs to get that through their heads.

vCash
    Apparently the Lakers are trying to decide on who to keep between Hill and Jamison...There's not enough mins for both with MWP playing PF...with the way MWP is shooting and his liability on defense...Jamison is the odd man...
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast