Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Matt Barnes blames Mike Brown

Matt Barnes calls time with Lakers 'a bad situation'

Matt Barnes spent two years with the Lakers before leaving for the Clippers.

The Clippers (23-6) are currently riding a 15-game win streak and Barnes is averaging 11 points a game on 50.2% shooting from the field.

According to an NBA executive, one of the main reasons the Clippers have won so many in a row is "Matt Barnes is playing out of his mind."

When told of the comments, Barnes' response included a slam of ex-Lakers coach, Mike Brown.

"I've been working hard these past few summers. Last year, playing with the Lakers, I was told when I could shoot. If I made mistakes, I'd come out of the game," said Barnes. "This year [Coach] Vinny [Del Negro] has installed a lot of trust in me. He lets me go out there and play my game. If I mess up, he still sticks with me and that goes a long way with any player."

Barnes' year with Phil Jackson was a disappointment when he simply wasn't healthy for the postseason. Last year the forward played 63 games, in the lockout-shortened 66-game regular season, for Brown, averaging 7.8 points a game on 45.2% shooting. While he was banged up throughout the playoffs once again, Barnes clearly didn't feel like he had Brown's trust.

"Coach [Del Negro] has confidence in me; that's all I need," said Barnes. "I can play. I've just been stuck in a bad situation for a little while."

Of course now that the Lakers have Coach Mike D'Antoni running the team, Barnes would have been a much more natural fit. Over the offseason, the Lakers did not look to re-sign him and the Clippers were happy to bring the veteran aboard for his second stint with the team.

The Lakers and Clippers meet again at Staples Center on Friday January 4. The Clippers took the first game on Nov. 2, 105-95.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...,2027849.story
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    barnes doing well.

dwight, pau, mwp, kobe, nash
    hill, jamison, barnes, meeks, sessions
    My TOP 10 favorite NBA players of All Time

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. Allen Iverson
    3. Reggie Miller
    4. Andrew Bynum
    5. Wilt Chamberlain
    6. Steve Nash
    7. Lamar Odom
    8. Ben Gordon
    9. Ray Allen
    10. Carmelo Anthony

vCash
    I like Barnes, but he will probably disappear in playoffs once again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersIn5 View Post
    barnes doing well.

dwight, pau, mwp, kobe, nash
    hill, jamison, barnes, meeks, sessions
    Ah no Nash=equals Sessions gone because he wanted to be a starter. Remember.

vCash
    Don't we all..

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Neither one of them are a Laker so I'm not sure that I care.
    I'm a Lakers fan...BUT:

1) No I don't think Kobe > MJ

2) No I don't think LeBron sucks.

3) No I don't think it's funny to continuously make jokes about Charles Osborne.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I like Barnes, but he will probably disappear in playoffs once again.
    yeah but hes still worth it if he can come off the bench like he is on the clippers for just the regular season. we have a 8 man rotation right now

vCash
    I like barnes still a better player than ebanks..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    He is a nut case. He has some game,but he should only blame himself for his lack of professionalism. He is just trying to get attention. Let's close this. He is not a Laker!

vCash
    I wish we could have kept Barnes... I think he was a poor man's version of Trevor Ariza .... we could have used his slashing/mid range game coming off the bench.

Funny I was watching the Clipper game a bit last night.. I thought I was watching a flashback Laker game.... at the same time on the floor was Barnes, Turiaf and Odom... was freaky...
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash

Now everyone wants Barnes back.....
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    that explains a lot. Brown is very superstar focused, get the ball to the superstar, only shoot when i want u to.

really explains why the offense would stagnate, no freedom

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    He still wouldn't have done **** with us. We'll he would be playing better under this D'antoni offense. Either way, He's playing so well because of the clippers fast break style. No point in saying we wan't barnes back when he would continue to suck for us. .

That's what we celebrate with, not with bubble machines...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Like betting on sports? Sign up now!

https://www.bovada.lv/welcome/P1BF89...tcmpid=rafcopy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearljammer II View Post
    I wish we could have kept Barnes... I think he was a poor man's version of Trevor Ariza .... we could have used his slashing/mid range game coming off the bench.

Funny I was watching the Clipper game a bit last night.. I thought I was watching a flashback Laker game.... at the same time on the floor was Barnes, Turiaf and Odom... was freaky...
    I don't see Barnes so much as a slasher, ala Ariza, but as the kind of scrappy nose-for-the-ball guys who manages to find a lot of garbage points (and I mean that as a compliment) in addition to knocking down the occasional "3". I think every contender needs at least one of those, and I'm not sure the Lakers have one.

The closest thing is Hill, who is a rebounding fiend, but he doesn't make great cuts, which I think is one of the critical contributions of this kind of player that I'm thinking of. They make an offense work by keeping their feet moving without the ball and finding an opening.

Anyway, further insight into how Mike Brown kills an offense. A contrast to D'Antoni's methods, which I've noticed from his interviews, have a lot to do with confidence. Giving guys MORE freedom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearljammer II View Post

Yeah it's kind of sickening. Sometimes I find myself waiting for Famar and Sasha to check in lol. I dont put it pass the clips to get them if a few players dont work out. It's also freaky when Butler and Odom plays together. In two years i see them offering Kobe the Max to try and steal him from the Lakers, and watch out next summer here comes Bynum. Pathetic *** clippers!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast